Are Disney food prices really over the top?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Uni has always abused the food prices… and after the last two days here i slmost wished for disney qs/snack prices.

The $5 sodas… $11 beers… and $8 pretzel prices suuuuck

Lilofan

There is a lot of “sad” food consumed in the United States.

A lot of it is economics/geography. But it’s also just habitual. Convenience is everything.

The OG isn’t awful taste wise…but it never warranted the 1500 or whatever copies it had at one time.

Pizza is the marker for me. We eat it because we’re lazy. I love a good Pizza Hut…but it is LOADED with fat and sugar. Completely unhealthy on a new level. But people eat it cause it’s easy. Papa John’s sucks out loud…and it’s like the 2nd largest chain now. Run by a nut.

Yes…our food system is “sad” in many ways. Can’t put lipstick on it.
Does Pizza Hut still survive in the Northeast ? If it does some miss out on the superior NJ/NY even Philly, mom and pop pizza places that make Pizza Hut a running joke.

Californian Elitist

See…I kinda took it as “sad” options dominate in a lot of places…lack of options.
By “sad,” I mean the quality of food at Olive Garden doesn’t justify the prices. Anyone who actually believes that I in turn am referring to those who eat at Olive Garden are purposefully being obtuse. I have eaten at Olive Garden many times in my life, and during those times, I have had overcooked pasta, pasta sticking together (which isn’t too much of a big deal, but still), very oily and buttery sauces that I have to soak up with napkins (I end up paying for this the next morning in the loo), and some food that just doesn’t taste all that great in general. This is not to say that I never, ever go to Olive Garden. I of course go when someone being celebrated chooses there to have a celebratory meal. I don’t complain and can find something on the menu to eat. However, I can find much better, even authentic, Italian food for the same prices, and my waiters will speak their mother tongue that is Italian, making the experience much more memorable. Oh, and there will also be pizza on the menu. Olive Garden doesn’t offer pizza.

My sister LOVES Olive Garden, and so do many other people, and that’s completely fine. I’d prefer to eat elsewhere, but that’s just my personal taste. I’m sure I will return to Olive Garden many more times in my lifetime.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
By “sad,” I mean the quality of food at Olive Garden doesn’t justify the prices. Anyone who actually believes that I in turn am referring to those who eat at Olive Garden are purposefully being obtuse. I have eaten at Olive Garden many times in my life, and during those times, I have had overcooked pasta, pasta sticking together (which isn’t too much of a big deal, but still), very oily and buttery sauces that I have to soak up with napkins (I end up paying for this the next morning in the loo), and some food that just doesn’t taste all that great in general. This is not to say that I never, ever go to Olive Garden. I of course go when someone being celebrated chooses there to have a celebratory meal. I don’t complain and can find something on the menu to eat. However, I can find much better, even authentic, Italian food for the same prices, and my waiters will speak their mother tongue that is Italian, making the experience much more memorable. Oh, and there will also be pizza on the menu. Olive Garden doesn’t offer pizza.

My sister LOVES Olive Garden, and so do many other people, and that’s completely fine. I’d prefer to eat elsewhere, but that’s just my personal taste. I’m sure I will return to Olive Garden many more times in my lifetime.
I agree…

But is the OG to me…nine DEUCE!

1652627449447.jpeg

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
Does Pizza Hut still survive in the Northeast ? If it does some miss out on the superior NJ/NY even Philly, mom and pop pizza places that make Pizza Hut a running joke.
Yep it survives. For just the reason @Sirwalterraleigh mentioned. Convenience and price. Pizza hit just had a commercial about a $10 dinner box. You get I think 2 pizzas some bread sticks and some wings.
Next, they are usually close to a mall, easy peasy. I love my favorite pizza joint in NYC. Gabys pizza in Queens. Large pie starts at 21.00 bucks ( I need two for the line backers I gave birth to😀)
And if you live in the suburbs any chain near a mall will survive

So definitely a niche for pizza hut and Olive

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yep it survives. For just the reason @Sirwalterraleigh mentioned. Convenience and price. Pizza hit just had a commercial about a $10 dinner box. You get I think 2 pizzas some bread sticks and some wings.
Next, they are usually close to a mall, easy peasy. I love my favorite pizza joint in NYC. Gabys pizza in Queens. Large pie starts at 21.00 bucks ( I need two for the line backers I gave birth to😀)
And if you live in the suburbs any chain near a mall will survive

So definitely a niche for pizza hut and Olive
Cheap and unhealthy…that’s the American way.

- ThIs message brought to you by the makers of Mountain Dew, KFC and Doritos
(Which at the end of the day…is the same: PepsiCo)

Lilofan

Uni has always abused the food prices… and after the last two days here i slmost wished for disney qs/snack prices.

The $5 sodas… $11 beers… and $8 pretzel prices suuuuck
The one aspect of higher food prices is we tend to eat less when we visit during the hot and humid summer timeframe. Hydrating a lot but eating big meals are not our style when we melt walking in the parks and enjoying the offerings.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Just spent a half-day at the Columbus Zoo yesterday, and food and beverage prices were about 25% lower on comparable items sold at Disney food service locations.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just spent a half-day at the Columbus Zoo yesterday, and food and beverage prices were about 25% lower on comparable items sold at Disney food service locations.
Local destination food prices are definitely higher…that is one “advantage” at Disney parks now.

But the real key was always the sit downs…which they’ve largely tried to wreck.

DfromATX

Lol. Happy Mother's day gang . The reason why I ask is because I'm currently in Las Vegas and I just paid 34 for a Pina colada. 😉

I immediately thought this place could give Disney a run for the money
Holy smokes! I think you are right!

P.S. - I just got off a cruise and I'm pretty sure my drinks averaged around $15 per drink.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom