Are Disney execs looking at the success of cars land to create future projects on that scale?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You're fine with an outdated FUTURE World?

World Showcase with nothing brand new in years?

A Studio park that is studio-less and an absolute mess?

Magic Kingdom with a future-less TOMORROWland?

Empty plot of land in the middle of a "premier" shopping, dining and entertainemnt district?

A transportation that's in shambles? With monorails that are so poor they have to build additional bus stops for the monorail resorts because the monorails are down more often than not?

You are completely entitled to your opinion. But I think you are wrong. Wether some people here believe it or not, a resort like WDW has basic needs. These needs need to be filled on a constant cycle. It takes a lot of money, but WDW makes a lot of money. It takes creativity, but WDI has proven they can still do great things. Avatar isn't going to fix things for the entire resort. And I completely expect that WDW will be perfect by the 50th in 2021. That may seem like a long way out, but in a world where an attraction can take a couple years to build and WDW has so many things to be done, it's not too far away to think about. So when I hear of no long term plan (And that's the problem, there is no direction...), I get frustrated. I just have to hope things change with a rush d ambition as a flood of cash.

So step back and ask yourself if Avatar is all you'd really want to see in WDW.

I would like to see changes made in the areas you mention, but just like the other poster, if this didn't happen it wouldn't stop me from going to and enjoying WDW. I only go to WDW maybe once every 5 years or so, so there doesn't really need to be anything knew for me to still get enjoyment out of it. There are places I go to far more often that have changed far less then WDW, but I still enjoy them.

coachwnh

In the Parks
Yes
50 to 60 days? Do you go anywhere else, ever?
actually, Just spent a week In DL (i know its still Disney, but) and another week in Scottsdale, AZ. A few other side trips here and there. We love to travel, and our kids (and the adults) are just the right age for WDW!!! In fact, anyone from 0-???? is the right age for WDW!!! With our APs, and a short 2 hr flight, it easier and cheaper than a week at the beach or one of the nearby big cities.

dreamscometrue

actually, Just spent a week In DL (i know its still Disney, but) and another week in Scottsdale, AZ. A few other side trips here and there. We love to travel, and our kids (and the adults) are just the right age for WDW!!! In fact, anyone from 0-???? is the right age for WDW!!! With our APs, and a short 2 hr flight, it easier and cheaper than a week at the beach or one of the nearby big cities.

Hey, don't feel you need to justify to people why you spend and enjoy 50+ days each year at WDW (On a WDW fan site at that). Some people on here couldn't do that, but they have 'issues'. Their 'issues' are that they no longer see WDW as a place it once was, and are struggling to deal with that because they love the place so. I feel badly for them. I really do...that must suck. Anyway, I am happy for you that you enjoy yourself so much when you go. As do I. :)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Hey, don't feel you need to justify to people why you spend and enjoy 50+ days each year at WDW (On a WDW fan site at that). Some people on here couldn't do that, but they have 'issues'. Their 'issues' are that they no longer see WDW as a place it once was, and are struggling to deal with that because they love the place so. I feel badly for them. I really do...that must suck. Anyway, I am happy for you that you enjoy yourself so much when you go. As do I. :)

More like.. how does anyone have 50-60 days worth of holiday per year.. if so, what proportion of their total holiday do they spend at Disney. 50-60 days is spending one day EACH WEEK at WDW.. or almost 2 full months of the year at Disney.

Unless you are retired.. that seems extreme to say the least and doesn't seem to leave any time for anything else.

dreamscometrue

More like.. how does anyone have 50-60 days worth of holiday per year.. if so, what proportion of their total holiday do they spend at Disney. 50-60 days is spending one day EACH WEEK at WDW.. or almost 2 full months of the year at Disney.

Unless you are retired.. that seems extreme to say the least and doesn't seem to leave any time for anything else.

With that, (the amount of holiday time annually) I agree. Man, that's a lot of vacation/travel time. Good for anyone who can get it. :)

coachwnh

In the Parks
Yes

Lets just say my family and I are fortunate to have this opportunity.

Beholder

My family gets to go maybe once a year or once every couple of years. We never get to spend the amount of time we'd like, and sometimes we only do a couple of parks. We're thankful we go when we can and look forward to it when we can't. I enjoy it every time, flaws and all.

I really think about how fortunate we are when there are people who would really like to go, but will never have that chance. Look, Disney isn't perfect (whatever that is) but I still love it. I hope for positive change and all that, but if it was that bad, I wouldn't go.

Beholder

Not only would it be great to think that Cars will translate into good things for WDW, it would be nice to think it would inspire them to think of ALL the possible properties they could take advantage of. Or maybe using properties in ways never considered before. Sort of outside the box thinking.

It's fun to speculate, and one has to wonder, if we get inspired to dream about new and exciting possibilities, do they? Does TDO or whoever ever sit back and think "wow, wouldn't it be great to __________?

menamechris

We Spend between 50 and 60 days each year in WDW and I have yet to leave bored or disappointed. When that happens, I'll look for something bigger and better. But right now, Im not. And remember, so many people are coming ONCE in their life. Others may be there twice in 10, 15, or 20 years. We are there all of the time, so things might bother us (or some of us) more than others. Im not looking for change just for change. I kind of like having some things stay the same. Sorry

Well....I guess this just about sums up why TDO is constantly raising prices, is giving themselves obscene bonuses every year, continuously scales back on resort offerings, and is resistant to doing and building new things at WDW. I guess people really don't give a crap...

WDW1974

I have to say, we spent a week in DL in June and Carsland was absolutely amazing! It was our first family trip to DL and my second (first in about 20 years). Seeing how amazing the entire area was was mind-blowing. I know others on here have asked if they should build the same in WDW. I hope not!! it was great to see different attractions, but still be in a Disney park. If they choose to build bigger and better in WDW, thats great. But, I hope if and when they do it, its something new and original. And if WDW doesnt add anything other than Avatar in AK in the next 10 years, Im sure I'll be fine with that too.

You're fine with an outdated FUTURE World?

World Showcase with nothing brand new in years?

A Studio park that is studio-less and an absolute mess?

Magic Kingdom with a future-less TOMORROWland?

Empty plot of land in the middle of a "premier" shopping, dining and entertainemnt district?

A transportation that's in shambles? With monorails that are so poor they have to build additional bus stops for the monorail resorts because the monorails are down more often than not?

You are completely entitled to your opinion. But I think you are wrong. Wether some people here believe it or not, a resort like WDW has basic needs. These needs need to be filled on a constant cycle. It takes a lot of money, but WDW makes a lot of money. It takes creativity, but WDI has proven they can still do great things. Avatar isn't going to fix things for the entire resort. And I completely expect that WDW will be perfect by the 50th in 2021. That may seem like a long way out, but in a world where an attraction can take a couple years to build and WDW has so many things to be done, it's not too far away to think about. So when I hear of no long term plan (And that's the problem, there is no direction...), I get frustrated. I just have to hope things change with a rush d ambition as a flood of cash.

So step back and ask yourself if Avatar is all you'd really want to see in WDW.

And the above post so greatly illustrates why Disney is so content to add as little as possible and keep cutting corners and raising prices all the time.

So many guests ... so many fans are part of the problem ... they mindlessly accept whatever Disney throws their way and spend, spend, spend thousands of dollars for the privilege of doing so.

WDW is literally falling apart in places. And while some things are nice (let's say redoing the rooms at Dixie Landings, except for the out of place Disney-BRANDED princess rooms that take you out of the theme), I'd prefer to focus on the parks and they are stale and neglected. Only MK is FINALLY getting some serious attention and when it is all done (five years from the start in 2009!) it still won't have gained a significant (i.e. E-Ticket) attraction. I think that's unforgivable ... but again, I'm not addicted anymore.

WDW1974

We Spend between 50 and 60 days each year in WDW and I have yet to leave bored or disappointed. When that happens, I'll look for something bigger and better. But right now, Im not. And remember, so many people are coming ONCE in their life. Others may be there twice in 10, 15, or 20 years. We are there all of the time, so things might bother us (or some of us) more than others. Im not looking for change just for change. I kind of like having some things stay the same. Sorry

50-60 days ... WOW! That sounds just a bit worse than I was say in 1999. Before I finally faced the facts that I was paying more and getting less annually and, worse, that Disney didn't really care about its fans, guests and cast.

I want to be careful because I'm not really in the mood for a summer flame war and will just leave for a month or three first ... but my OPINION (as someone who knows a bit about the subject) is that anyone who spends that amount of time at WDW is addicted. I don't know how you honestly aren't bored beyond all belief ... there really is a limit to the amount of time someone can ride PoC or ToT or TTA or Soarin in a year ...

WDW1974

I am so glad I got over the WDW addiction, even if I still have a Disney theme park addiction and a UNI theme park one and a SW/BG one etc. ... But before Y2K I had never been to DLP, TDL or HKDL (which was just a construction site) and I've now been to all of the above ... and have had APs in Paris and Hong Kong multiple years. I've also traveled to all kinds of places that I hadn't been either (both in the USA and internationally). I doubt I'd have done that if I wa still spending so much time and income on WDW.

But you are right, WDW is no longer what it once was and that it very sad to me because I do love the place. And while I can enjoy myself there, it is generally because of the people I am with ... it absolutely is very rarely because of the product.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom