Apple Store at Downtown Disney?

hrcollectibles

What I can't believe is that the OP showed Apple Stores and didn't show the cube :lol:

I think they could get it to work.

Sure, many people don't go on vacation and buy a computer...but what about that person who'd like an iPOD while sitting by the pool...or for the flight home? Same thing with laptops. With all of the conventions going on, there's definitely a market for it.

Also, Apple could make a store an attraction.

Well you would still need to put the music on the Ipod...

RETLAW

If Apple or B&N take over the empty Virgin location, where is AMC going to build the IMAX theater at? It is listed as coming soon to DTDon the AMC website. I am more in favor of IMAX than any of the other options. Maybe Apple can have the Starbillas location?

lazyboy97o

If Apple or B&N take over the empty Virgin location, where is AMC going to build the IMAX theater at? It is listed as coming soon to DTDon the AMC website. I am more in favor of IMAX than any of the other options. Maybe Apple can have the Starbillas location?
Across the country AMC is adding IMAX theaters. They are doing so at existing facilities by removing some of their current screens. No reason why the same plan cannot be executed at Downtown Disney.

Rob562

(Sigh)
You know, I'm still trying to figure out why this "IMAX is going into the Virgin Megatore building" rumor won't die already... It keeps getting explained over and over that it's not true.

Yes, IMAX is coming.
No, IMAX is not going into the now-vacant Virgin building.
They are, as lazyboy said, retrofitting existing theaters inside the existing AMC building to be IMAX.

Will they be full-size IMAX screens? Who knows. Here in New England, we have a few *huge* IMAX screens available (Jordans Furniture, for one), but there are also a couple theaters up in NH that show IMAX movies, but on a smaller-sized screen than the giant ones I got used to.

-Rob

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
What about a Barnes and Nobles? Closest one is near Dr. Phillips and is 20 minutes down 535...

Considering they are currently in the process of closing many stores (including the one down the street from me), I doubt they would be a good long term vendor.

dreamfinder

I just do not see how it could really work. Are there even any Apple Stores close to being that large?

The new store in Boston is pretty big, 4 stories I think. Not sure if it's that big, but if I recall correctly the Virgin store had a big open air portion of the 1st floor that meant not nearly as much floor space on other floors.

Stupid to do it on Apples part. Who the heill goes on vacation and buys a computer?

You may not get many computer sales, but I would imagine the genius bar would do a decent business. And headphone sales. Think of how many people who now bring their macbooks and ipods on vacation MAY run into issues? I bet a decent amount. And how many people break/forget their headphones? Look at how many places in airports sell cruddy headphones for big bucks just to replace the good ones you left on the plane.

And that includes free WiFi.

SCORE!!!

Well you would still need to put the music on the Ipod...

Refer to above mentioned free WiFi. I imagine that you can set up an iTunes account in store, (never had to do that) and then download tracks on your own iPhone/iTouch using their WiFi. (Or do it all using your new MacBook on their WiFi)

WDWFREAK53

The new store in Boston is pretty big, 4 stories I think. Not sure if it's that big, but if I recall correctly the Virgin store had a big open air portion of the 1st floor that meant not nearly as much floor space on other floors.

You may not get many computer sales, but I would imagine the genius bar would do a decent business. And headphone sales. Think of how many people who now bring their macbooks and ipods on vacation MAY run into issues? I bet a decent amount. And how many people break/forget their headphones? Look at how many places in airports sell cruddy headphones for big bucks just to replace the good ones you left on the plane.

SCORE!!!

Refer to above mentioned free WiFi. I imagine that you can set up an iTunes account in store, (never had to do that) and then download tracks on your own iPhone/iTouch using their WiFi. (Or do it all using your new MacBook on their WiFi)

Also, to add onto the "download tracks" discussion, At this store only maybe they could offer packages... You pick 10, 20, 50, etc. songs, music, movies...and they download them onto your iPod while you walk and shop around DTD. They could even offer this for people currently owning iPods.

PaisleyMF

Remember Disney has like a 70 / 30 as tourist / conventions and if you see how much people goes to Millenia Mall or Florida Mall and walk away with a Mac or a gadget that they sell there. Yes is a good possibility.

On the other hand and this is for locals and some vacationers you give them the advantage of the flagship store that has group training, a kinda of camps for kids. And even sometimes the live broadcast of the keynotes and concerts in the venue...

Plus Steve Jobs is the single major stock holder at Disney. And i can see bringing some really special merchandise (Pixar / Apple)

I just can imagine the possibilities between WDI / Apple for the construction or retrofitting of the store

WDWFREAK53

Remember Disney has like a 70 / 30 as tourist / conventions and if you see how much people goes to Millenia Mall or Florida Mall and walk away with a Mac or a gadget that they sell there. Yes is a good possibility.

On the other hand and this is for locals and some vacationers you give them the advantage of the flagship store that has group training, a kinda of camps for kids. And even sometimes the live broadcast of the keynotes and concerts in the venue...

Plus Steve Jobs is the single major stock holder at Disney. And i can see bringing some really special merchandise (Pixar / Apple)

I just can imagine the possibilities between WDI / Apple for the construction or retrofitting of the store

I can see it now...

Go to the Apple Store during your vacation and they will automatically upload your camera pics, digital video, etc. and allow you to customize books, calendars, etc. right there in the store.

Also...Make your own "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" commercials! :lookaroun

foreverbelle

While I think that it would be a good idea..I have a problem with this, as my husband said...it may not be the most convenient store.

Why?

A lot of the traffic that goes through there are tourists. Not saying all of them but a good portion of them are. And a lot of them fly. With the way the airlines are today, not a lot of people are going to go down with extra storage for a laptop. Not when they have already spend and made room for merchandise from the parks. The great thing about the mega store, was the fact that CD's and DVD's are relatively easy to store and don't take up a lot of space and anyone could take it with them.

I think if this was actually to be considered, Apple should think long and hard on this. Even if I am a mac, I am not sure this would be the smartest of choices.

WDWFREAK53

While I think that it would be a good idea..I have a problem with this, as my husband said...it may not be the most convenient store.

Why?

A lot of the traffic that goes through there are tourists. Not saying all of them but a good portion of them are. And a lot of them fly. With the way the airlines are today, not a lot of people are going to go down with extra storage for a laptop. Not when they have already spend and made room for merchandise from the parks. The great thing about the mega store, was the fact that CD's and DVD's are relatively easy to store and don't take up a lot of space and anyone could take it with them.

I think if this was actually to be considered, Apple should think long and hard on this. Even if I am a mac, I am not sure this would be the smartest of choices.

You can carry on a laptop and it doesn't count as a "carry-on." It counts as a personal item.

RedDeath

Sorry for sticking my bit in here. But I think this is vastly viable. Lets not forget the iPod is Apple's biggest selling product. Not their computers. As a tourist from United Kingdom who has no local access to an Apple shop I would implore this. Even though there is Apple shops at other locations in the Orlando area... it doesn't mean Disney can't have one. I thought the main goal of Disney was to keep people on property?

Personally I love apple and I know there are alot of Apple haters out there. But Apple just doesn't have to make sales from their computers. Their computer software they sell earns them big bucks, along with itunes, ipods and Iphones. As well as tons of accessories.

This may be a small success case from my part... When I visited WDW 2 years ago, I paid a visit to the Florida mall. I went into the Apple shop as I heard alot of rave about them from everyone. I watched a demonstartion of a Mac from the sales person and i loved it. When I got home it actually inspired me to buy my mac! (and I still love it today.) So they may not make the sale at DTD, but they can market it there. The following year I went back, I went in to the apple shop and spent $200 on music software. And a following $50 on accessories.

So if you ask me (and i know not everyone is like me) I think it's a Greeeeeeat idea.

Sorry for the essay :lol:

(BTW this message... wrote from my baby... my iMac!) :sohappy:

Astro_Digital

Why would anybody want an iPod they like all Apple products are over priced?

Me if there was an Apple store I avoid it; I think everything with an Apple label is over priced and is backward. If you do not believe me how many Macs run BluRay or have biometric sensors for security.

While some people think Apple should have a strong position in Epcot there is already a huge corporate sponsor. A little company that is called HP, and I do not think they be crazy about Apple.

I believe HP makes computers?

If you want to have a huge electronics retailer, put in Best Buy. Best Buy makes more sense they have no problem selling DVDs and CDs like Virgin did. They sell iPods too....

RedDeath

Why would anybody want an iPod they like all Apple products are over priced?

Me if there was an Apple store I avoid it; I think everything with an Apple label is over priced and is backward. If you do not believe me how many Macs run BluRay or have biometric sensors for security.

While some people think Apple should have a strong position in Epcot there is already a huge corporate sponsor. A little company that is called HP, and I do not think they be crazy about Apple.

I believe HP makes computers?

If you want to have a huge electronics retailer, put in Best Buy. Best Buy makes more sense they have no problem selling DVDs and CDs like Virgin did. They sell iPods too....

I don't particularly want to turn this into a Mac vs PC debate. But I don't think they're over priced. :zipit:

I have a 3 year old PC that has crashed millions of times. My mac in it's 2 years of operation has crashed zero times.

Overpriced may be how it comes across to the normal person. But I don't think you can put a price on reliability.

Plus the Mac can do everything the PC can, and the two of them are both highly compatible. More so than everyone thinks thinks. :drevil:

And ipods have became more of a fashionable thing. For example you could go out and buy a Prada Handbag at $1000. But you can also get a plain handbag for $10 from Walmart. Yet people still want the Prada handbag even though the other one does the same job. It's a fashion thing.
And I don't know about you but I looooove my iPod touch. It's so much more than an MP3 player. :lol:

I have to throw full support to the iPod. I bought first iPod about 4 years ago, and it was an iPod mini. I then bought a 30GB Video iPod about 2 and a half years ago and use it every day, and I literally mean about every day.

fascion216

i REALLY hope this doesnt happen. i dont think an apple store is special enough. i am really hoping for something different. who do you know that buys a new computer on vacation?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom