Apple Store at Downtown Disney?

devjohnson

Original Poster
I know this has been mentioned in the forums, but there wasn't a thread dedicated to the topic. I heard the Virgin Megastore could possibly become a Flagship Apple Store. What do you guys think about that? Would it be too crowded? Would it be too big? Would it be a good business move? Below is a few pictures of Apple Stores!

apple1.jpg

NOTICE THE VIRGIN AND APPLE NEXT TO EACH OTHER (FLAGSHIP STORE)
apple2.jpg

AN AVERAGE APPLE STORE
appleq.jpg

INSIDE A FLAGSHIP APPLE STORE

Fun2BFree

There are Apple Stores at the Florida Mall, Millenia and Altamonte. Opening a fourth at DtD is just plain saturation, especially if you're only selling boutique electronics.

devjohnson

Original Poster
There are Apple Stores at the Florida Mall, Millenia and Altamonte. Opening a fourth at DtD is just plain saturation, especially if you're only selling boutique electronics.
i was thinking it could attract more people to the West Side. I think it was also good to get rid of PI since most people hate driving, or walking all the way between the Marketplace and the West Side

Fun2BFree

i was thinking it could attract more people to the West Side. I think it was also good to get rid of PI since most people hate driving, or walking all the way between the Marketplace and the West Side

That may be, but it doesn't make business sense for Apple to operate four locations in the same general area. There's only so many people that will buy iPods and iMacs.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
:veryconfu

Whether PI is populated with clubs or stores or entirely gutted, getting between the Marketplace and the West Side will still require the same amount of driving and/or walking... Or am I missing your point?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Could care less. Like the former Virgin Mega store I would have absolutely zero reason to ever set foot in the store.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You have never had to drive from the Market Place to the WS. Even went PI had turnstiles there was a way to walk around it.

Fun2BFree

I don't get why Apple just don't sponsor a computing pavilion in Epcot, what with Steve Jobs' affiliation with Disney and Pixar.

tirian

Hmmm. I don't know if enough tourists would purchase electronics on vacation to justify the Apple store. How often did you see Guests buy iPods or X-Boxes at Virgin?

GymLeaderPhil

The Mall at Millenia is always packed full of tourists. I think it would do good - not everyone can easily obtain Apple products in different countries, let alone visit a retail location.

DonaldDoleWhip

:veryconfu

Whether PI is populated with clubs or stores or entirely gutted, getting between the Marketplace and the West Side will still require the same amount of driving and/or walking... Or am I missing your point?
I'm just as confused as you are. Now, instead of walking through an exciting nighttime destination, I have to walk through a desolate wasteland of buildings (and one Irish pub).

joshwill

I know this has been mentioned in the forums, but there wasn't a thread dedicated to the topic. I heard the Virgin Megastore could possibly become a Flagship Apple Store. What do you guys think about that? Would it be too crowded? Would it be too big? Would it be a good business move? Below is a few pictures of Apple Stores!

apple1.jpg

NOTICE THE VIRGIN AND APPLE NEXT TO EACH OTHER (FLAGSHIP STORE)
apple2.jpg

AN AVERAGE APPLE STORE
appleq.jpg

INSIDE A FLAGSHIP APPLE STORE

what id love to see at dtd would be a dave and busters. orlando doesnt have one, and now with virgin gone, no gereat loss, there is a large opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom