Appalling state of the monorail cabins

Animaniac93-98

I wouldn't get your hopes up. I heard that one of the main reasons for not upgrading he fleet is because Bombardier Transportation, which designed the current fleet, has set the minimum order at 20+ trains ... They will not do a smaller production run, it just not profitable for them. If you look at the types of projects they are doing, Sao Paulo, 54 trains, NY, 32 trains, Vancouver, 48 trains, South Korea, 30 trains, Disney's needs are small by comparison.

If Disney were smart, they would just by 24 trains and expand the shop, or build another storage site on property to house the overflow. The current trains are very, very rough ... and with the rumors of the automated trains circling the parks last week, you could feel an uneasyness with the monorail crews. We only rode the resort loop a couple times and each time they were packed to the gills.

What other company would be willing to do a smaller order?

WeekendGM

I've heard that monorail Black blew a guide tire Sunday night on Epcot just after midnight. Supposedly only a few people were on board but were stuck after the train stopped after it started to grind against the platform while pulling in.

Figment2005

I've heard that monorail Black blew a guide tire Sunday night on Epcot just after midnight. Supposedly only a few people were on board but were stuck after the train stopped after it started to grind against the platform while pulling in.
Correct. They had to bring the tow tractor out and finish pulling the into the station. Once the guests were let out it was towed to shop.

ABQ

Without trying to impersonate @ptaylor , I sent these pictures in an email to WDW Guest services last week and just a moment ago my phone rang with a (407) number on it. It was a woman from the WDW Guest Services dept who apologized up and down for what "I" had witnessed on the monorails plus some other things I personally have seen in the recent past that I added to the email. She claimed all my thoughts and items seen, including the images themselves have been shared with folks in the transportation dept (blowing smoke up my butt? perhaps, perhaps not) I even added in the info regarding cobwebs in IASW. I doubt any single email or written letter will make a difference, but hopefully if enough fall on ears that do listen, action will be taken. Was still nice that they called.

Cesar R M

Far cleaner than any METRO car in DC or train in NYC or Chicago that I've been on
two wrongs dont make the lesser wrong one a right. :/

I honestly was not so impressed in the trip.. the unit I was on; smelled like urine, I wonder if one of the guests actually peed inside.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom