Appalling state of the monorail cabins

Figment2005

You say it would take several more hours a day to do all the mechanical work that needs to be done... Yet before defend that they are 'very well maintained'.

I get your a young cm that is proud of the company and all.... But don't you see yourself just making excuses all the time?
I'm sorry if you see me as just some CM trying to attention and that I only defend it. There are MANY issues that need to be done to the monorail line, and I completely understand. Trust me, every time I see the faded and scuffed trains I die a little inside. Black and Green recently had paint jobs and it took a month each. Disney actually fired the paint crew because they screwed up so bad with Black's paint. When I mentioned needing more time to correctly maintain the trains I was not contradicting what I had said about the mechanical.

Teal,the one I mentioned coming back from a refurbishment, was off the system and in many pieces at the shop. They literally replaced every single part and still has mechanical issues. The train was off the system for around 2 months. I feel, my opinion, that if Disney was able to obtain NEW replacement parts instead of having to use refurbished ones, the trains would be much more reliable. Sadly one full refurb every so many years just isn't enough time. Tonight, for example, the train won't get back to shop until around 3, and they have to turn right around and be back out at 4:45. Take my comments however you feel.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
While this makes perfect sense, let's step into the mind of an MBA.

An idle piece of equipment is not producing, and this decreases operational effectiveness. Therefore, the equipment must operate to continue in the value stream or be eliminated.
Yes, this is an example why anyone who needs to get a college education in business to understand business, probably shouldn't run a business.

The same goes for degrees in "hospitality and restaurant management". <grin>

some guy

Black and Green recently had paint jobs and it took a month each.
9146.jpg

They're saving up for an airbrush kit, it'll reduce time by at least a third!

PhotoDave219

I'm sorry if you see me as just some CM trying to attention and that I only defend it. There are MANY issues that need to be done to the monorail line, and I completely understand. Trust me, every time I see the faded and scuffed trains I die a little inside. Black and Green recently had paint jobs and it took a month each. Disney actually fired the paint crew because they screwed up so bad with Black's paint. When I mentioned needing more time to correctly maintain the trains I was not contradicting what I had said about the mechanical.

Teal,the one I mentioned coming back from a refurbishment, was off the system and in many pieces at the shop. They literally replaced every single part and still has mechanical issues. The train was off the system for around 2 months. I feel, my opinion, that if Disney was able to obtain NEW replacement parts instead of having to use refurbished ones, the trains would be much more reliable. Sadly one full refurb every so many years just isn't enough time. Tonight, for example, the train won't get back to shop until around 3, and they have to turn right around and be back out at 4:45. Take my comments however you feel.

So essentialy we've maxed out the monorail system.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

There are 'refurbished' parts the ones with the grime cleaned off and a new coat of paint, And there are remanufactured parts which are frequently better than new ones. I suspect Disney uses the former because they are 'cheaper' and they LOOK the same as a remanufactured part... (To a TDO Manager at least)

BobConnor

Yes, this is an example why anyone who needs to get a college education in business to understand business, probably shouldn't run a business.

The same goes for degrees in "hospitality and restaurant management". <grin>

Totally agree, I took some business courses in college and they are not only boring but NASTY! Often it was lets get around in a circle and the older students (I was young then) would dominate the class, complain about their jobs the whole time and when it is time for the test guess who doesn't do so well. I would have had nearly straight A's if not for business classes. DO NOT let your son or daughter major in it!

One of the bus drivers mentioned that the Mark VIII monorails are coming in 2015. Will the current Mark VI last until then? Even if Disney can't get parts can they not clean the vehicles they have?

Voxel

President of Progress City
Totally agree, I took some business courses in college and they are not only boring but NASTY! Often it was lets get around in a circle and the older students (I was young then) would dominate the class, complain about their jobs the whole time and when it is time for the test guess who doesn't do so well. I would have had nearly straight A's if not for business classes. DO NOT let your son or daughter major in it!

One of the bus drivers mentioned that the Mark VIII monorails are coming in 2015. Will the current Mark VI last until then? Even if Disney can't get parts can they not clean the vehicles they have?
YEP! We are gonna get the new MARK VIII.. The LINCOLN MARK VIII i should say
Lincoln-Continental-Mark-VIII.jpg

asianway

Sorry if you schooled me on this before...is there a good reason those idiots haven't been painting the Ds back on? Thanks

janoimagine

YEP! We are gonna get the new MARK VIII.. The LINCOLN MARK VIII i should say
Lincoln-Continental-Mark-VIII.jpg
I wouldn't get your hopes up. I heard that one of the main reasons for not upgrading he fleet is because Bombardier Transportation, which designed the current fleet, has set the minimum order at 20+ trains ... They will not do a smaller production run, it just not profitable for them. If you look at the types of projects they are doing, Sao Paulo, 54 trains, NY, 32 trains, Vancouver, 48 trains, South Korea, 30 trains, Disney's needs are small by comparison.

If Disney were smart, they would just by 24 trains and expand the shop, or build another storage site on property to house the overflow. The current trains are very, very rough ... and with the rumors of the automated trains circling the parks last week, you could feel an uneasyness with the monorail crews. We only rode the resort loop a couple times and each time they were packed to the gills.

Seabasealpha1

Uh...those are some BAD conditions going on there...the word BLEACH comes to mind along with UPHOLSTERER and the phrase MONORAIL REHAB...

Who knows...maybe this will fuel the next round of monorail expansion posts on here....:banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom