Appalling state of the monorail cabins

Voxel

President of Progress City
Just a mild suggestion. I know that we complain alot on these forums, but why don't we start a petition on change.org or something if we find more proof of this disrepair on the monorails from @wdisney9000.

Voxel

Even if the intent is genuine, online petitions are going to be slightly less effective than jousting at windmills.

But at least you can then same you attempted to bring about change, your not watching the state erode. You may be right that it never brings about something, but you never know what may happen. Remember: "If you can dream it you can do it".

Atomicmickey

My sister is leaving for Disney tomorrow and invited me since her husband has to stay home now. Im gonna go and I will get pictures of the other monorails. I will be as thorough as possible. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know. I was thinking of getting pics of the monorail stations at TTC and MK and EPCOT as well to see how they are holding up.

That's awesome. Although the pics look bad, I think the case is made exponentially stronger
by showing that the neglect is endemic. Good luck to you!

lazyboy97o

But at least you can then same you attempted to bring about change, your not watching the state erode. You may be right that it never brings about something, but you never know what may happen. Remember: "If you can dream it you can do it".
Disney already employs people to read these forums.

Disneyhead'71

Unless the trains wreck again, you're not going to get a news crew interested.

I'm going by the numbers TEA has put out.
If attendance is continuing to go up while ticket prices ALSO increase AND the recession continues, it doesn't look like Disney's strategy is failing.
TEA's numbers are guesstimates. And even hard numbers don't tell a realistic picture of the whole story. If someone pays $16 for a day at DHS/DAK with their Multiday pass and only stay until the afternoon parade. How does this guest count in the"Grand Scheme" of things?

Bairstow

Ah, I see! And the people singing this are Disney Management?

(Myers) "Buy more!"
(Staggs) "Buy more!"
(Crofton) "Buy more!"
(Kalogridis) "Buy more!"
(MacPhee) "Buy more!"

(Guest) There goes the VP of Park Op-er-a-tions. He's really busy I can tell!
And he thinks what would be neat, is another meet and greet.
Cause they make those Princess dresses sell well.

(Staggs) "Good Morning, Guest, where are you off to?"
(Guest) "To Epcot! I just finished the most wonderful story about a Dreamfinder and a dragon and..."
(Staggs) "That's nice." (turns away disinterested) "MEG! How are the profits? Push them up!"

(Crofton and Kalogridis) "Look there they go, those Guests don't see the magic,"
(Crofton and Kalogridis) "That we have crafted up so well."
(Myers) "They don't like our magic bands."
(Staggs) "But we don't care about the fans."
(All of them) "Unless they buy the things we have to sell!"

(MacPhee) "Buy more!"
(Crofton) "Buy more!"
(MacPhee) "How is the Starbucks?"

(Crofton) "Buy more!"
(Staggs) "Quick pay!"
(Myers) "It's on your wrist."

(Monorail Driver) "I need, maintenance."
(Staggs) "That's too expensive."

(Guest) "There must be better, maybe up I-Drive?"

(Kalogridis) "Ah, Guest!"
(Guest) "Good Morning! I came to see the new ride you promised!"
(Kalogridis) "But those have been rumors for years, you came already?"
(Guest) "It's the only reason I drove down! Have you got anything new?"
(Kalogridis - laughing) "Well, we've got some tangled restrooms."
(Guest) "Well, that's just not right. I'll go to Uni then"
(Kalogridis - shocked) "Universal? But you've been there twice already!"
(Guest) "But it's got some favorites. Far off places, daring thrill rides. Magic spells, and it's clean and it's nice!"
(Kalogridis) "Well, if you like it that much, then it's yours."
(Guest) "But sir!"
(Kalogridis) "I insist. We can always find others willing to take your spot."
(Guest) "Thank you, thank you very much!"

(Senior Park Management) "Look there they go, those Guests are so peculiar."
(Senior Park Management) "We've got some great new stuff to sell."
(Crofton) "With our brand new Mermaid ride,"
(MacPhee) "That's boring and plastic inside."
(All management) "What a puzzle to the rest of us, oh well."

(Guest) "Oooooh, isn't this amazing. It's my favorite ride, because you'll see."
(Guest) "Here's where you'll meet Olivander, and get a wand just like the Wizard Harry P!"

(Crofton) "This makes me wonder if those Guests are worthy."
(Crofton) "MK now has wine it can sell."
(Staggs) "They really cannot see, our strong earnings quarter 3."
(Kalogridis) "Very different from the rest of us, oh well.

(All management) "They're nothing like the rest of us, they're different then the rest of us, oh well!"

(Rasulo) "WOW. You never flub a deal, Bob! Your the best IP hunter in the WORLD!"
(Iger) "I know."
(Rasulo) "No unique concept stands a chance against you! And no WDW fan, for that matter."
(Iger) "It's true! But next, I've got my sites set on that one (points to DC Comics)"
(Rasulo) "More comic fodder?"
(Iger) "That's the one! The lucky company I'm going to acquire!"
(Rasulo) "But it's..."
(Iger) "The most beautiful concepts I could ever acquire!"
(Rasulo) "I know..."
(Iger) "That makes DC the best! And don't I deserve the best?"
(Rasulo) "Of course, I mean...you do!"

(Iger) "Right from the moment that I became chairman,"
(Iger) "I knew how to make Disney run well."
(Iger) "I'd slash all maintenance, and build timeshare units."
(Iger) "And I'll finally make WDW wifi work well."

(Croften) "Look there, he goes, isn't he dreamy."
(MacPhee) "That Bob I-ger. Oh he's so cute."
(Staggs) "Bestill, my heart. I'm hardly breathing."
(All 3) "He's such a strong and corporate minded brute!"

(Iger is walking through a crowded main street chasing the Guest)

(Kalogridis) "Buy more!"
(Croften) "Quick pay!"
(Guest) "This guest is leaving"
(Staggs) "Starbucks!"
(MacPhee) "Fastpass?"
(Guest) "Not in your life!"

(Kalogridis) "Restooms!"
(Croften) "Quick pay!"
(MacPhee) "One more princess restaurant!"
(Staggs) "Starbucks!"
(MacPhee) "Phone Apps?"
(Guest) "This isn't right!"

(Guest) "There must be more than this pre-packaged grime!"
(Iger) "Just watch, we'll make you spend last every last diiiiiime!"

(All Management) "Look there they go, that Guest is strange but special."
(Croften) "And with good credit, I can tell!"
(All Management) "It's a pity she can't see, all the great things we're doing."

(All Management) "They really are a funny guest. A rich, but quite peculiar guest."
(Iger) "They'll spend it all before we rest!"
(All Management) "OH WEEEEELLLLLLL!"

(Myers) "Buy more!"
(Staggs) "Buy more!"
(Crofton) "Buy more!"
(Kalogridis) "Buy more!"
(MacPhee) "Buy more!"
(Iger) "Buy more!"

I've always liked this one:

Lauratron

I very rarely post comments, but I just have to with this thread because it's kind of funny that someone here decided to post photos of something I've been complaining about the last few days. I'm currently at WDW finishing up a week long vacation and have been spending the whole week pointing out all of the things that need to be repaired and/or cleaned, to my husband [and oh, there is SO much!]. I've said "if only I lived in the Orlando area so I could start a blog, document all of these things, and make it so others could post their finds as well to shame Disney and their complete lack of concern!". But alas, I live too far away to do such a thing! Is there anything like this out there? I really wish there was; I would be more than happy to contribute documentation, as I'm sure many of you would too!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
That's awesome. Although the pics look bad, I think the case is made exponentially stronger
by showing that the neglect is endemic. Good luck to you!
Would it be bad form to experiment and put a small sticker on a seat or window and check back on it a few hours later or the next morning to see how long it takes for them to remove it? I could use a Universal Studios sticker. If it wasnt removed within 24 hours and I had pics to prove it that would be hilarious. It would also be sad.

Voxel

Would it be bad form to experiment and put a small sticker on a seat or window and check back on it a few hours later or the next morning to see how long it takes for them to remove it? I could use a Universal Studios sticker. If it wasnt removed within 24 hours and I had pics to prove it that would be hilarious. It would also be sad.
Then do the same thing with an "I LOVE DISNEY" sticker see if it takes the same amount of time.

Clever Name

The monorails cosmetic issues this thread address are important, no doubt.

But have you ever stopped to consider that if they maintain the cosmetic stuff this way the monorail mechanical systems, which you can't see, are possibly even worse? I can't wait to see what happens when they try to turn up the automated system.
We went to the MK for rope drop several months ago. We boarded the resort monorail but we were way too early for rope drop, so we just rode around the loop for about nine or ten trips. It was hot outside and we decided to stay in the air conditioned comfort of the monorail until it got closer to opening time for the MK.

While riding around the loop, we noticed that one of the monorail doors was not fully closing. At the transportation and ticket center a monorail maintenance technician began to work on the door by repeatedly kicking the door with his foot in an attempt to force the door back into proper alignment. He got it to close but it was still out of alignment. We went around on another loop and when we got back to the T&TC, the same technician was there and now had a piece of lumber (a 2x4 about 3 feet in length) and used that to pry the door into shape.

While all this was going on, another technician was telling the door mechanic that the door latch was not lined up properly and that they needed to override the latch switch. We went around the loop again and back at the T&TC the lead technician (the doorman) opened up a panel on the door and cut then spliced some wires in the door. He used duct tape to splice the wires. After this repair the door was in much better alignment but still slightly warped. On our next loop the technicians were gone from the T&TC but we were thankful that these technicians had the skill to make critical repairs on the fly with improvised tools!

Nubs70

I would think a simple small round circular sticker would suffice. Similar to what is used when doing a punchlist walk through of a new house.

WDWFan_Boston

"Everybody thinks that Disneyland is a gold mine-but we have had our problems. You've got to work it and know how to handle it. Even trying to keep the park clean is a tremendous expense. And those sharp pencil guys tell you, 'Walt, If we cut down on maintenance, we'd save a lot of money'. But I don't believe in that- it's like any other show on the road. It must be kept clean and fresh."

-Walt Disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom