apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria

Originally posted by Wilt Dasney
Alrighty, time to make a brief cameo:

I read the thread in question and I'm not gonna defend Anna for what she said (or, rather, how she chose to say it)---but I'm also not gonna defend some of our more...zealous....members for how they've reacted to her.

Again, I'm not defending what was said...age is no excuse, but before we nail her to a cross (pardon the ironic expression, it just popped into my head), I think some folks should think about some of the stupid things they said and did at her age.

.....and even nowadays.

Well said Wilt Dasney. Whether or not she means it, we are not to judge. She posted an apology and I´m sure she has had many emails and pm´s to reply to. She doesn´t really know who exactly she offended, so she is not going to post a list of names.
Please drop it. You are not being any better than her with this attitude.

PhotoDave219

.....Like that will happen. Some fences arent mended quite that quickly.

And darrell, its not because there's a dissenting opinion; this isnt mob rule. Its because its a blatent, inflammitory statement designed to stir up trouble, preseented in such a fashion. If it were stated with some facts or in some sort of a persuasive argument form, i wouldn't be after a pound of flesh (or at least 4000 yens worth). But it wasn't and was completely off topic and then some.

You see, here i am respectfully disagreeing with you and attempting to persuade you with the way i view things. We're havign a rational, logical conversation where we're listening to each other and constructing arguments and being rather civil.

This is not what Anna did; rather she took the "you're with me or against me" approach. And that just not cool.

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
Original Poster
hello,
thanks to all who defended me or made me feel better. I am truly sorry for how i dealt with things. Some u i talked and apologized to in the form of a chat. Please know my apology is very sincere.

Anna Elizabeth

darthdarrel

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
.....Like that will happen. Some fences arent mended quite that quickly.

And darrell, its not because there's a dissenting opinion; this isnt mob rule. Its because its a blatent, inflammitory statement designed to stir up trouble, preseented in such a fashion. If it were stated with some facts or in some sort of a persuasive argument form, i wouldn't be after a pound of flesh (or at least 4000 yens worth). But it wasn't and was completely off topic and then some.

You see, here i am respectfully disagreeing with you and attempting to persuade you with the way i view things. We're havign a rational, logical conversation where we're listening to each other and constructing arguments and being rather civil.

This is not what Anna did; rather she took the "you're with me or against me" approach. And that just not cool.
Sometimes I think it is "mob rules",Why do you think there is a bann on political or religious topics? Heck ask Steve or Rob I have been reported and warned several times just for speaking what I truly believe. but other people don`t agree so they try to silence me. I honestly respect everyone on this board and I respect everyone opinions.

ISTCrew20

Originally posted by Disneyanna0521
hello,
thanks to all who defended me or made me feel better. I am truly sorry for how i dealt with things. Some u i talked and apologized to in the form of a chat. Please know my apology is very sincere.

Anna Elizabeth

Alright guys, she said it its over..Whether you forgive her or not, lets throw this post into the Twilight Zone:animwink:

PhotoDave219

Originally posted by darthdarrel
Sometimes I think it is "mob rules",Why do you think there is a bann on political or religious topics? Heck ask Steve or Rob I have been reported and warned several times just for speaking what I truly believe. but other people don`t agree so they try to silence me. I honestly respect everyone on this board and I respect everyone opinions.

Because these are strong, empasionate topics that everyone has strong opinions about. I've seen it first hand on the streets of DC, and i've seen it escalate to the point of extremism and violence (At least nobodys lying down in front of buses and theres no pepper spray). These are topics that just shouldnt be brought up because of the hard feelings and harshness that begets such topics. If we could have a rational discussion without people going balistic (on both sides), then i'd be agreeing with you. However, its human nature that shows our reactions.

Anyhow, this is a Disney forum and hopefully a means of escape from religion and politics.

darthdarrel

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
Because these are strong, empasionate topics that everyone has strong opinions about. I've seen it first hand on the streets of DC, and i've seen it escalate to the point of extremism and violence (At least nobodys lying down in front of buses and theres no pepper spray). These are topics that just shouldnt be brought up because of the hard feelings and harshness that begets such topics. If we could have a rational discussion without people going balistic (on both sides), then i'd be agreeing with you. However, its human nature that shows our reactions.

Anyhow, this is a Disney forum and hopefully a means of escape from religion and politics.
I agree with you 100% and when I asked the "QUESTION" I wasn`t really wondering,I knew the answer. I was asking the question to prove a point. and just like your reply, People have Strong empassionate beliefs on Both sides of this "issue"

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
hey.. I'm at the Magic Kingdom right now! lol

darthdarrel

Originally posted by Tigggrl
WE are going to Disneyland and DCA today! WooHoo!:sohappy:
*kicks tiggrl in the shin* That`s for rubbing it in,I want to go To Disney world,I can`t go untill November! :cry:

bizkid

Account Suspended
well she apologized.......cant ask for anything more or less. but, jeez you guys were on her like white on rice, she made a mistake, dont you guys go all hyperactive on us.....:lol: :lol: (no offense) you dont have to jump onto people when they make mistakes im sure you wouldnt want to be jumped on........you guys made me think that you were just trying to make it an even bigger deal by telling her she was wrong, and that it wasnt right!!!give the girl a break!!!!! get over it!!!! we all make mistakes and you dont have to add to the severity of the situation by trying to hype it up and keep on telling her she was wrong!!!!!you guys proved your point but next time, back off!!!let the person breathe!!!she made a mistake and it is yours and our responsibility to forgive her or just go about her way!! by the way, we forgive you!!!!( at least i do) and at least i can understand when people make mistakes and when to just back off and let it ssssslllllidddeeeee:) :)

RickEff

Originally posted by bizkid
well she apologized.......cant ask for anything more or less. but, jeez you guys were on her like white on rice, she made a mistake, dont you guys go all hyperactive on us.....:lol: :lol: (no offense) you dont have to jump onto people when they make mistakes im sure you wouldnt want to be jumped on........you guys made me think that you were just trying to make it an even bigger deal by telling her she was wrong, and that it wasnt right!!!give the girl a break!!!!! get over it!!!! we all make mistakes and you dont have to add to the severity of the situation by trying to hype it up and keep on telling her she was wrong!!!!!you guys proved your point but next time, back off!!!let the person breathe!!!she made a mistake and it is yours and our responsibility to forgive her or just go about her way!! by the way, we forgive you!!!!( at least i do) and at least i can understand when people make mistakes and when to just back off and let it ssssslllllidddeeeee:) :)

BizKid,

A pet peeve of mine is when people transpose the phrase "bad choices" with the word "mistake"

A mistake is when you spell something wrong, or turn the wrong way when driving or doing something accidently. I drives me nuts when people say, for example, "I made a mistake when I slept with that other woman..." No - that was a choice.

Clearly, Anna chose to post what she did. Clearly she knew she would upset people (she posted her email address to receive the flames) Clearly she knew it was against the policy and topic of these forums. She *chose* to post anyway. The problem here is that it wasn't a mistake. So - if she chose to do it, then she'll suffer the consequences. Some of those consequences are the responses you've seen that you feel have been somehow unjust. For my part, I've put her on a twit filter and won't read anything she says.

Now - that's MY choice.

Take care,

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom