AP Rates!!

Pecos Bill1201

Has anyone else read the article on Mousesavers.com?? The operator says that there is a possability that they are phasing out room only reservation discounts in exchange for huge discounts on packages? Now I know that the mouse will not completely do this but what do you think this is spelling for the future? Any connection to "Magical Gatherings"? Since most large groups will naturaly buy packages? When are those rates coming out? I heard a rumor on another thread of 8/17? Any conformation?:veryconfu

maelstrom

I'm holding out for AP discounts. If they don't come out, I guess it won't be the worst thing in the world. We still have our Disney Club discount to use. With the Disney Club discount, the Contemporary tower would end up being around the $312 (with tax) that my mom paid in May when just she and I went. My dad is extremely jealous of the wonderful room we had at the Contemporary, and just may pay that much. I say if he could spend $350 a night at the Hilton in Atlantic City on 4th of July weekend (you know, the morning he randomly woke up and said "Hmm, I wonder if there are any hotel rooms left in Atlantic City?", and I got us the last room on the Boardwalk and we drove down that morning), then he can spend $312 a night at Disney World. Otherwise, it's the Caribbean Beach or the Dolphin. In the end, they're all beautiful hotels. As far as renewing our AP's go.. probably not. Just because we have no idea when we're going again (after December). :)

Upvote 0

s25843

Originally posted by Epcot4ME
If it is on the 28th, can I have them apply it to my reservation while I'm staying at the hotel???

Epcot4ME

There is a 90% Chance there wont be discounts for End of Aug Ressies :(

Upvote 0

s25843

Originally posted by BitO'PixieDust
I'm going down again Christmas week and keeping my fingers crossed for some deals. If there are none, I will still go and enjoy my vacation thinking that at least my tickets were paid for with my July trip.

AP Rates have Historically Stopped the week before Christmas

Upvote 0

Epcot4ME

>>>There is a 90% Chance there wont be discounts for End of Aug Ressies <<<

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Say is isn't so!!!!

I guess at some point I will have to just get over it and enjoy my stay at the Contemporary.

Still burns me though.

What's the chance that I could make a reservation the only week the AP rates don't apply?!?

Just wasn't meant to be I guess.

Upvote 0

BitO'PixieDust

In the past, we've been lucky to get AP rates over Christmas. We check in the weekend before and they honor the rates through Christmas.

When WDW had discounts after 9/11 we were again able to get the Polynesian for $179 over Christmas as long as we checked in BEFORE Christmas. I'll wait and see what happens.

Upvote 0

s25843

Originally posted by BitO'PixieDust
In the past, we've been lucky to get AP rates over Christmas. We check in the weekend before and they honor the rates through Christmas.

When WDW had discounts after 9/11 we were again able to get the Polynesian for $179 over Christmas as long as we checked in BEFORE Christmas. I'll wait and see what happens.

Hmm I never thought of doing it that way, ill have to try it :)

Upvote 0

Figaro

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
Yes, it is not good for AP holders. No discounts for us.

Short story.......

My wife and I sat down with my son (7) and daughter (13) last night and told them that we would probably NOT be renewing our APs and that our trips would probably be fewer. The crying started immediately and did not stop for 30 minutes..... I sure am proud our kids finally got my wife and me settled down. :cry: It's sad to see grown adults cry. :D

Thanks for the laugh! :) I needed it after reading some of these depressing posts about no discounts!

Upvote 0

Becky

Anybody been on the Ladder Ride lately?:D

There are so many "Lack of AP discounts" threads on this site and others;)

I have a plan to end all of them:cool:

My plan is very simple:) AP discounts=end of the above threads:cool:

SuperMatt, I've started my count down to the 28th:D

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey all, I just finished speaking with Hope at the Disney Executive Offices. I had written an E mail to Guest Communications complimenting them on the Passholder Preview of M:S and asking when passholder rates would be released for my next trip. Hope from the Disneyworld Executive Offices called me here at work. She didnt know, which I expected and she had asked me when passholder rates were usually released. With a little help from Mousesavers.Com (Thank you Mary) I was able to give her that history going back about 3 years!!! The difference of when rates were released was anywhere from one week ( yes one weeks notice!) to quite a few months!! I told her some of the items that people had been saying on this thread. I explained the nightmare I think CRO is going to go through in any event, whether it is because people are cancelling or changing to take advantage of the Passholder rates if they do get released. I told her that I thought a bit more communication instead of this waiting would help somewhat. I also explained that many people will seriously second guess the decsion to renew the AP's without the discounts. She said she would pass the info along. I dont know if it will go anywhere, but at least I got to a live person, outside of CRO. Here's hoping that it wont fall on deaf ears!!! Belle
P.S I didnt tell her where i was getting the information from just giving her date ranges for the stay and when the discount was released for those dates!! Cant sell out our friend, Mary who does such a wonderful job!

Upvote 0

kellydisney

I will be so bummed out if they don't post AP discounts. This is the first year we are planning on getting them and we were so so so excited to use them and not have to pay next year for the AP (since we will be starting them in Dec. we don't TECHNICALLY have to start them till Jan. 05) so YAY for huge savings on next years vacation! But if they cut the price to like 65 (we're currently paying a great price, $77) then that would mean at least $100 bucks back in our pockets to spend on other fun stuff on vacation. And trust me, Disney would STILL have gotten every penny we saved! So I'm keeping my fingers crossed and thinking positive. I hope the person who said Aug. 28 is right and knows something we don't :sohappy:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Are you sure of this?? Id hate to get my hopes up and then crushed!!!! I certainly hope so and that would be absolutely awesome if they did. Any idea as to what time periods this will cover?? I hope we go all the way into December, then I can book my two last trips for the year and sleep a whole lot easier regarding this issue anyhow!!! Thanks again for looking out for us SuperMatt!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom