AP Rates!!

Pecos Bill1201

Has anyone else read the article on Mousesavers.com?? The operator says that there is a possability that they are phasing out room only reservation discounts in exchange for huge discounts on packages? Now I know that the mouse will not completely do this but what do you think this is spelling for the future? Any connection to "Magical Gatherings"? Since most large groups will naturaly buy packages? When are those rates coming out? I heard a rumor on another thread of 8/17? Any conformation?:veryconfu

Supermatt70

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
Are you sure of this?? Id hate to get my hopes up and then crushed!!!! I certainly hope so and that would be absolutely awesome if they did. Any idea as to what time periods this will cover?? I hope we go all the way into December, then I can book my two last trips for the year and sleep a whole lot easier regarding this issue anyhow!!! Thanks again for looking out for us SuperMatt!!! Belle

Belle,

I think that you'll be happy on Thursday. So will folks going to MNSSHP, MVMCP & Food & Wine this year. I don't wanna say much more. Good luck!

Upvote 0

maelstrom

Originally posted by Supermatt70
I think that you'll be happy on Thursday. So will folks going to MNSSHP, MVMCP & Food & Wine this year. I don't wanna say much more. Good luck!

I hope so!! I know I'll sleep better at night once the AP rates come out. The more money saved on the hotel room means the more money to spend on Christmas presents! :)

Upvote 0

Epcot4ME

I take it then that the rates will not cover 8/27-8/30....that blows. Paying rack rates for Contemporary on my anniversary will put a major crimp in my budget for surprising the wife...

No good deed ever goes unpunished...

Mickey, when I needed ya' the most ya' let me down.

Epcot4ME

:mad: :brick: :(

Upvote 0

s25843

Originally posted by Epcot4ME
I take it then that the rates will not cover 8/27-8/30....that blows. Paying rack rates for Contemporary on my anniversary will put a major crimp in my budget for surprising the wife...

No good deed ever goes unpunished...

Mickey, when I needed ya' the most ya' let me down.

Epcot4ME

:mad: :brick: :(

I told you last week that the rates had a good chance of not being covered for the end of Aug...... :(

Upvote 0

Epcot4ME

>>>>I told you last week that the rates had a good chance of not being covered for the end of Aug...... <<<<

I remember that but was still crossing my fingers that it wouldn't be true.

Epcot4ME

:cry:

Upvote 0

s25843

>>>>I told you last week that the rates had a good chance of not being covered for the end of Aug...... <<<<

I remember that but was still crossing my fingers that it wouldn't be true.

Epcot4ME

:cry:

Your in Disney, Dont Cry Enjoy it!!!!

You will LOVE THe Contemporary!!!

Upvote 0

maelstrom

The Contemporary is just insanely expensive. :\ Even with a code, my mother still ended up paying $312/night (with tax) in May. It's a shame that codes won't be available for your trip. :(

Upvote 0

s25843

Originally posted by maelstrom
The Contemporary is just insanely expensive. :\ Even with a code, my mother still ended up paying $312/night (with tax) in May. It's a shame that codes won't be available for your trip. :(

Its one of the cheaper deluxe resorts too!

In Feb I think I paid around $500 a night for the Tower Club floor at the Contemp...

Upvote 0

Epcot4ME

Inevitably we will enjoy it and this will all be forgotten.

Luckily, the wife doesn't have a clue about all this and I won't tell her. As long as she enjoys the trip, I will enjoy the trip.

Hopefully my wallet will stop smoking by Wednesday at 1pm when we leave for Disney!

:wave:

Epcot4ME (bound for Mission: Space!)

Upvote 0

s25843

Inevitably we will enjoy it and this will all be forgotten.

Luckily, the wife doesn't have a clue about all this and I won't tell her. As long as she enjoys the trip, I will enjoy the trip.

Hopefully my wallet will stop smoking by Wednesday at 1pm when we leave for Disney!

:wave:

Epcot4ME (bound for Mission: Space!)

Remember, You Were offered a Free Upgrade from the Moderates to the Contemp :animwink: Wink Wink, Nudge, Nudge

Upvote 0

Pecos Bill1201

Original Poster
Hey Everybody..Looks like somebodys listening!!! Check out mousesavers post reads Thursday is the day..for those long,long,long:eek: awaited AP Rates!!.....It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow...hmm..Thursday, Just A Dream or 2 Away!!!

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

Unfortunately for many, these rates do not cover September!:cry:

Here's what is posted at Mousesavers:

WDW Annual Passholders - keep your fingers crossed, looks like resort discount rates may be released this Thursday for stays 10/2/03-11/24/03 and 11/28/03-12/26/03!

Upvote 0

Becky

Originally posted by gjpjtj
Unfortunately for many, these rates do not cover September!:cry:

Half:cry: here too. I have been waiting for AP discount for my Sept.20-27 trip since FL rates were posted a month ago.

I got a AAA rate at Music as they told me I couldn't get a discount at Movies:( (Courtesy hold)

Thanks to a posting on another board:lookaroun I went to the AAA site and got the AAA rate at Movies:D

As I am paying rack rate for my end of the year trip another 20% in Sept. would have helped ease the pain of paying a heap in Dec.:animwink:

Oh well maybe I will get another "Come back" offer on my door in Dec. so I can feel better in May:cool:

Upvote 0

BitO'PixieDust

Originally posted by BitO'PixieDust
I don't know if this is just wishful thinking but I remember when I needed to book my hotels for July and there were no AP rates out. Instead Disney came out with the "Fairytale Package". I booked my rooms using that package thinking I was at least saving something.

Then AP rates came out but not for the month of July. Mary on Mousesavers wrote that she didn't believe that AP rates would come out since the package was such a good deal. Shortly after that, AP rates DID come out for July and I rebooked from "Fairytale" to AP.

Perhaps I'm being just plain stupid, but I still have faith in the MOUSE :animwink:

I'm going down again Christmas week and keeping my fingers crossed for some deals. If there are none, I will still go and enjoy my vacation thinking that at least my tickets were paid for with my July trip.

:animwink:

Upvote 0

Supermatt70

Originally posted by tomman710
Does this Thursday date just include AP rates or the room only discount codes available for everyone too?

Tomman, this discount on Thursday is only for AP holders. AAA & FL residents already have their discount codes and the general public has the Winter Dream Maker. The days of room only discounts are all but gone except for a select few such as FL residents, AAA, Cast and, for now, :animwink: AP holders.

SuperMatt

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom