AP Rates!!

Pecos Bill1201

Has anyone else read the article on Mousesavers.com?? The operator says that there is a possability that they are phasing out room only reservation discounts in exchange for huge discounts on packages? Now I know that the mouse will not completely do this but what do you think this is spelling for the future? Any connection to "Magical Gatherings"? Since most large groups will naturaly buy packages? When are those rates coming out? I heard a rumor on another thread of 8/17? Any conformation?:veryconfu

Marijil

Guys,
I'm hearing that the chances of no AP discounts for Nov are very good.....apparently Fairytale Magic was a tremendous seller and ate up blocks that would have been AP discount rooms...I'm scrambling....

Upvote 0

Becky

Originally posted by djmatthews
What was the F.T. package, was that available world wide? I have never seen any special package over here. The only exclusive thing us Brits get special is the 10 Day Hopper.

The F.T. package was 7 nights hotel and park passes for the cost of 4 days. It was heavily advertised here and was on the WDW offical site.

Hennie, I'm looking for Sept. AP rates which is right around the corner. Historically they have come out at the same time as Florida resident rates which were out on July 24th. So you can see why all us AP holders are frustated.:(

Marijil, I agree F.T. ate up a lot of rooms but I doubt the impact beyond the summer is that great or they would not have released Resident rates and would not be offering AAA rates (which I have for my Sept. trip).

Upvote 0

Tron

Yeah, it looks like it's going to be August 22/23 or bust for forthcoming AP rates. I was on the phone first thing this morning hoping to hear the rates were out, but guessing that they were not, and my guess was correct. Fingers are still crossed for next weekend, though.

Upvote 0

s25843

Originally posted by Becky
Multiply that by hundreds or thousands of unhappy AP holders and you get lots of empty rooms even at peak times. That does not make me happy as I also hold stock in the company as many AP holders do. I want those rooms filled. To fill them they will have to be discounted. $49 a night for a room brings in more revenue than $0 for an empty room.:D

I dont think there are Hundreds of thousands of us, I would guess more in the range of 15,000-50,000 AP Holders.

I have said this before and will say it again. For all of you who just got an AP for room discounts, Disney never said they had to release the discounts for the Time that you will be travelling. Just because there were rates for one month, does not mean there will be rates for another month. I take this quoute right off my AP Sleeve "Special Passholder Rates MAY Be offered Seasonally at Select WDW Resort Hotels and Select WDW DVC Resorts" The key words are MAY and Seasonally....

I didnt even get my Annual Pass for the room Discounts, I got it because its an ANNUAL PASS, I go multiple times a year and it just works out to be cheaper admission wise than to buy 4 day tickets here and there...

Just my 2 cents

Upvote 0

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
AP Rates

On the subject of AP rates and rooms. I wonder how many stockholders out there are communicating with Disney. It seems to me that if there's that much concern out there for the customer base, specifically the repeat customers, that there would be a lot of input from stockholders within the company.

I'm all for Capitalism, making a profit, etc. But let's face it: There is a slow economy out there right now, and travel has suffered with events of the last 2 years. I think there comes a point where changes have to be made that reflect the fact that you are trying to regain the confidence of your customer base. That said, I still beleive that the FT package was a great offer. Problem is, it's offered at a time when a lot of families have either booked vacation plans, or have already taken vacation. So I don't think it was at a great risk to margins for the company that this decision was made. And having stayed at the All Star Sports Resort our last 2 trips, I can tell you there's a reason the value resorts stay booked. And it ain't cause of the amenities offered!!!

Again, I remain optomistic that everything will work out in due time, but can certainly understand the frustrations of you AP holders out there. It has certainly made me rethink my desire to become an AP holder. I'll admit that if it were'nt for the value resorts, my family and I couldn't afford to stay on property.

So, I'm hoping that the value pricing, resort/ticket discounts continue well into the company's future.

Upvote 0

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
AP Rates

Well, responding to my own post, but was just reading on Mousesavers that the Radisson was offering a special thru all of 04. So checked the link and the first week of Jan. 04, $69 a night, pool view. That saves me another $100 for the week if I stay off property. Don't want to, but may have to. Just something to think about for those of you traveling late this year, early next year.

Upvote 0

Becky

Originally posted by Marijil
she said hundreds OR thousands

Thanks Marijil:wave:

s25843 I've had AP's for years and didn't know about discounts
until recently.

Here's my problem.

All Stars for AP loyalist in Sept. $77.
For those who live in Fla. $49.
For those who got a post card $49.
For those with AAA $61 plus change.

Yep, it does say "MAY be offered". I MAY stay off site.

Upvote 0

Ijones88

:mad: My money seems to spend incredibly well elsewhere disney....r u listening????? As for the travel agents, I know that's its a dog eat dog world but just because "Jiffy lubes" exist everywhere doesnt mean that I have to get my oil changed in my cars there.....I change my own oil, it is a FREE country!!! If I decide to buy a PAP and book my own room seperately, then that's the way it's going to be. It's not my lifetime to be watching everyone!!!!!

Upvote 0

Ijones88

:mad: ....and I dont really care for the "package deals", they dont usually fit what our family needs. And if u look at them closely, they tend to cost more or the same than if u bought them seperately. Caution is advised....traffic is a heavy!!

Upvote 0

Epcot4ME

Just called CRO this morning and added an extra night onto our reservation....and still no AP rates.

The lady I spoke with said she was very surprised they weren't out yet and that they were taking many, many calls on the subject. Every operator I've spoken with over the last month has said the same thing.

Hopefully by Friday?!?

Epcot4ME

Upvote 0

s25843

Originally posted by Epcot4ME
Just called CRO this morning and added an extra night onto our reservation....and still no AP rates.

The lady I spoke with said she was very surprised they weren't out yet and that they were taking many, many calls on the subject. Every operator I've spoken with over the last month has said the same thing.

Hopefully by Friday?!?

Epcot4ME

At This Point We should all Find out where CRO In Orlando and Tampa is located and mob em :lol: It may be easier for them to address a large group of us than to tell 1000 phone calls the same info every day :hammer:

Upvote 0
PAP:fork: Burn baby burn.

Yup, my PAPs run out in Oct. and I will not be renewing them if the AP rates disappear. Without them, we went 1 time a year. With them, we went 3 - 4 times a year. I spend alot more money going 3 - 4 times a year than they lose when they give me a cheaper room.

This doesn't mean i will give up on going completely, just a lot less.

And don't be mad at the CRO people. We know where this started.:drevil:

Upvote 0

Epcot4ME

The CRO folks are very nice about it when I call. They are sympathetic to the cause.

I did tell her this morning that if she saw Mickey to tell him that with no discounts, there's no reason for me to buy an annual pass. I'll just get park hoppers like I used to and only visit once or twice a year vs. three or four as we are doing now.

This is not a good time for this type of problem as my wife mentioned the name of that other park (starts with "U") in the same sentence with our trip next week. We have never cheated on Mickey!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom