Anyone new updates about changes to Imagination.

sweetpee_1993

Oh how I wish some of y'all could've seen the Imagination pavilion way back in the day....like in the 80's / early days. Imagine long lines with people queued up all the way out the doors and down the side of the building. Of course, what was inside was worthy of a wait back then. And then when you finished the glory of the ride-thru you went upstairs and were totally blown away. I miss the amazing-ness of it all. And wasn't the leaping water pad thingies outside a much bigger deal back then? We spent a good 20 minutes watching and playing every time we were there. I remember that whole area being much nicer than it's current state. Was it landscaping? Or just the new-ness of it? I dunno. It's been so long since it felt worthy of any amount of time........... :(

aladdin2007

Oh how I wish some of y'all could've seen the Imagination pavilion way back in the day....like in the 80's / early days. Imagine long lines with people queued up all the way out the doors and down the side of the building. Of course, what was inside was worthy of a wait back then. And then when you finished the glory of the ride-thru you went upstairs and were totally blown away. I miss the amazing-ness of it all. And wasn't the leaping water pad thingies outside a much bigger deal back then? We spent a good 20 minutes watching and playing every time we were there. I remember that whole area being much nicer than it's current state. Was it landscaping? Or just the new-ness of it? I dunno. It's been so long since it felt worthy of any amount of time........... :(

That was def part of Epcots golden era, which is all now a shell of its former self. Sadly.

Enchantâmes

ok, so when i went in 1999 i never got to ride it. i have a feeling it was down for the major change at that time? and then in 2001 i never rode it, i have no idea why tho...

anyway, i watched a youtube video of the current attraction, and then out of curiosity watched a video of the original...

... why WHY WHY on earth did they change it!?!? and make it so... sparse and 'flat looking'?
The original closed in 1998.

Don`t knock it too much.... We`ll be going to DAK for a half day the following week :D

One of our tradtitions on arrival is either Cosmic Rays and Wishes, or Electric Umbrella and ROE, and it so happens there is a meet including some peeps I`ve not seen since Epcots 25th at Epcot that evening. So Epcot it is.
Question is this for certain people or can any one attend this little meeting?

Mouse Man

JII was great and I wish they never touched this ride. I have been on the one with Eric Idle and like it not love it. The origional JII made you go wow and made you want to sing and the scenary was just palin awsome. I really loved this pavillion and would love to see it restored to it's glory once again.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
As long as they get that god-awful Captain EO outta there soon. Hideous:brick:

it is a thousand times better than HISTA was

My kids saw it last week for the first time.

Both of them asked me afterwards (they are 8 and 11) "What the HECK was that supposed to be?"

-dave

My son (7) saw it for the first time last month. He said afterwards "Can we stay and watch it again?" The crowd was clapping and cheering. Haven't seen a similar reaction in HISTA since 1998 or so.

I'll take another 18 months of EO and then a completely remade Imagination pavilion.

BrerFrog

My son (7) saw it for the first time last month. He said afterwards "Can we stay and watch it again?" The crowd was clapping and cheering. Haven't seen a similar reaction in HISTA since 1998 or so.

I'll take another 18 months of EO and then a completely remade Imagination pavilion.

18 months sounds way too long, and just about right. :(

Tigger1988

Similar crowd reaction when I was there a few weeks ago.

Odd how people on this board are always looking for "classic" attractions to return, one finally does and all they do is complain. :shrug:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
18 months sounds way too long, and just about right. :(

Similar crowd reaction when I was there a few weeks ago.

Odd how people on this board are always looking for "classic" attractions to return, one finally does and all they do is complain. :shrug:

I think Disney would do well to bring back old crowd favorites for two-year runs now and then. It's a cheap way to get some renewed life out of the investment and might allow for more frequent changes in shows, etc. Two years is about right because that would give time for most of the newbies who never saw the original to come through and see it.

Give me another shot at Country Bear Vacation Hoedown, the origingal Tiki Room show, the original Universe of Energy, the Monster Sound Show, If You Had Wings, the old America Circlevision film, Mission to Mars, etc. It'd be fun, nostalgic, and create something that is "new" to many parkgoers, even if it doesn't have modern updating. Wouldn't work for everything, but there are some things that would be an improvement over what's there now (who would choose Sounds Dangerous, for example, over the Monster Sound Show?).

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have more complete refurbs, but not everything can be a huge money investment, and some relatively cheap, limited returns of old favorites would be nice.

French Quarter

Many fans have proposed a Yesterdayland, where they bring back some of the past attractions. They could always change what they offer there every few years with retro theming all around. I think it would be cool.

Grizzly Hall 71

It'sfunny because the 5 times I saw EO on vacation people were cheering more than when HISTA was there.

If they could bring back EO can we bring back the bear's hoedown? That was a great show.

puntagordabob

Bring back the Enchanted Tiki Room (current Disneyland show is a great choice since it is essentially a shorter version of the Tropical Serenade) and either then leave it alone forever (like CoP) or the smart money is to redesign the show (and this is something for the Country Bears venue too) tech to run multiple shows with no human requirement to switch and run RANDOM shows throughout the day.

I could stomach the Under New Management (ok perhaps with a little pain medicine to help lol) running as long as it was simply ONE of the daily shows running in tandom with the original version and a number of additional.

Will it be complicated? Will it be expensive? Will it take a lot of creativity on the part of Disney?

YES.

Can the Imagineers do it?

YES.

In the long run it could create a much better climate where new show alterations can coexist with the classic versions without peeving all of us off....plus breathe new life into the shows.

Imagine having to go to the Tiki Room or to the Country Bears MULTIPLE times each trip because you wanted to see the different shows... they would become "Must Do's".... can you imagine seeing Stacy on the Resort TV listing the Tiki Room as a "Must Do"?? Would be a very different world, no? :)

kaos

So.... are there any updates to JII or did this just turn into another WDW <explective deleted> <explective deleted>-slap session?:fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom