anyone leave their laptops in their room?

Mickey is King

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me if they have ever brought their laptop to disney, ya know for the teens and a little catch up on work at night before bed... Well I guess people obviously have, here is my question:

Anybody ever have a missing laptop issue ? maybe like you went to the parks and when you got backit was not there... I have not but I am considering bringing my laptop, they say on the web sight that PO Riveside has highspeed for a fee. how is PO riverside bus service and stay in general? any thoughts on the laptop thing would be great!

Pioneer Hall

I bring my laptop with me every time I go to the world. I leave it on (locked) and open on the desk when I leave for the day usually. Never even looks like it was touched to clean around it.

DizneyPryncess

We had our laptop all last week with us, and it was fine. It doesn't appear to ever have been touched. The fee for us was $9 for 24 hours at the Boardwalk. If you worry about it, you could always set it in your suitcase when you leave the room - just so it's out of sight. But I really don't think you need to worry about it - there's probably lots of people who leave laptops in their rooms.

We always take laptops/ cameras/ game systems and never had a problem with them. If I remember correctly, all the resorts have wifi or a high speed cable connection to hook up to like DizneyPryncess said for the fee.

DisneyMom4

I've left mine out on the table many times and it has been fine. You could always toss it in a drawer if you're worried.

I LOVE Port Orleans Riverside. We've stayed there several times. It is very relaxing. Request a building close to the main food court area. It can be quite a walk if you don't

The bus service has always been just fine. The one area that has consistently been bad is the evening coming back from Epcot after Illuminations. I've waited for an hour before we could get on a bus there. I'm not sure why it is like that at Epcot.

Have a great time!

gwhb75

I brought mine. I'm a little bit less trusting than some others, so I locked it up in my suitcase each day when we left for the park. No problems though.

Phonedave

I take it, and break it up so it fits in the safe :)

Nah :) Somtimes I bring mine when I am in the area on work and go over to WDW. I leave it set up on the table and have never had a problem with anyone even touching it.

I have used the HSI in SSR (as its free for DVC members) and it worked fine for surfing the net.

However I could not make a VPN connection into my jobs secure network. It kept refusing the connection. I had to resort to using cellular broadband.

-dave

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I always bring my laptop with me. If I remember I will stick it in a drawer or my suitcase before I leave for the parks. However, I have left it out on the table many times and never had a problem. :shrug: Most of the resorts still use the High Speed cables and charge you a daily fee for access. I don't bother with that anymore though because I now have mobile broadband service with Verizon Wireless. It is nice to be able to have internet pretty much anywhere I have cell phone service.

tigsmom

Can anyone tell me if they have ever brought their laptop to disney, ya know for the teens and a little catch up on work at night before bed... Well I guess people obviously have, here is my question:

Anybody ever have a missing laptop issue ? maybe like you went to the parks and when you got backit was not there... I have not but I am considering bringing my laptop, they say on the web sight that PO Riveside has highspeed for a fee. how is PO riverside bus service and stay in general? any thoughts on the laptop thing would be great!

The first time we brought it we used a security cord and locked it in the closet. We bring two each trip and just leave them in the dresser and they have never been touched.

rock_doctor

I take a laptop, camera, video camera and dvd recorder. Nothing has ever been touched. You are ok. All rooms have high speed internet. You use an Ethernet cable hooked into the wall for $10 a day. I just plug mine into my cell phone and get internet that way.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've always had my laptop with me at WDW. Left on the table in the room. No lock, no concern.

It's old enough it's probably not worth stealing, but I can write up my trip report night by night. I'm happy! :king:

maelstrom

I've brought my iBook to WDW several times and never had a problem. When we go to the parks in the morning, I put it in my suitcase and lock my suitcase. If we come back to the room in the middle of the day and I use it and then we go back out, I leave it out, because I figure housekeeping isn't coming back and probably no other hotel staff will be either.

I have more anxiety over sending my iBook through the x-ray machine at the airport than I do leaving it out at WDW. Someone could come by and swipe it at the airport and nobody (except me) would care, least of all "security". Last time I flew home through Orlando, I sent my dad ahead of me through the metal detector so he could fetch my iBook as soon as it came through. Well, figures, the freaking machine beeps for him, and I'm standing there behind him freaking out because my iBook is on the other end and no one is there to retrieve it and security is paying no attention whatsoever. I have an Apple laptop; yes, an old one, but it's still an Apple, and Apple computers are more likely to be stolen.

lighteningqueen

Never messed with. Its free if you want dial up. But let me tell you the maid threw out my clothes or so she says. 5 days of outfits they sat there a new maid came in and tossed them all. All new clothes for the trip. I was livid. They were nicely folded and layed in the corner of the bathroom so that I could go to the laundry that night and wash since we were there so long. The previous 4 days before the maid said she noticed the tags in the trash each day and didn't think they were for tossing so she left them, well the day my son in law laid in the bed sick she took them all. Said she threw them but I bet she took them home, sub maid for the day. They kind of put me on the spot when it came to reimbursment, had to know amounts that moment and I couldn't think properly we had gone back out into the parks that morning for res at Crystal palace. Needless to say I had to repeat the last three outfits and wash to have enough the trip. But didnt toss the laptop or the cups on the tables, go figure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom