anyone leave their laptops in their room?

CleveRocks

Part of my enjoyment staying in a theme park room at Polynesian in February was having the laptop out on the desk so I could type posts here on WDWMagic while looking out the windows at the Castle late at night and/or early in the morning when everyone else in the room was asleep.

I took the laptop out of the travel case when we arrived, and it stayed on the desk until we checked-out a week later. Never hidden by me. Never stolen by anyone else.

drantis

I brought mine with me when I stayed at POP last December so that I could download my pictures every morning. I usually just put it back in its case and stuck it in one of the drawers. Never a problem! Even the change that I left on the table stayed untouched.

Of course, since I was there on a solo trip, I had the luxury of having spare drawers...:rolleyes:

rlpoloitalia

I was just down there 10/10-10/15 at the Yacht Club. We checked in early on Sunday and went to Hollywood Studios since our room wasn't ready. I left 7 pieces of luggage with Bell Services one of which was my laptop bag. We went to the parks and came back around 10:30 PM and when Bell Services delivered my bags...I never got my laptop bag. I am hoping it got misdelivered to another room and someone doesn't realize it yet. It has all my personal info and everything I've saved over the last 10 years. This is insane that Yacht Club has lost/misplaced/stolen my bag. I filed a case with Disney Claims and made a police report to Orange County Police. I don't know what to do!!!

MagicMegan

I always take mine and leave it out. I'm usually half awake when I stumble out of the room looking for an energy drink, so I never remember to hide it. I don't think it has ever been messed with either.

rkelly42

It is one thing if you take your laptop and leave it in your room, but to leave it in the luggage storage is a little risky. I would not do that, but whenever we go if the room is not ready we have a car and leave all the luggage in the vehicle and lock it up and leave it at the resort. I feel a lot more comfortable with that than leaving it in someone else's care.

mike10

I couldn't bring my laptop even if I wanted too :lol:. Reason being I'm a gamer and since I didn't want to build a powerhouse laptop I bought one from Alienware. A M17x to be exact that weighs over 15 pounds!

There is no way I'm going to lug that heavy thing to Orlando. So we went out and bought a netbook something that weights less than 5 pounds and can do what we need (check email or surf the net).

Once we're done with the trip it will probably get tucked away in a corner somewhere :lol: but at least it was great for the trip.

jonnyc

I took mine on our last trip this summer to the AKL as I had to enroll for some modules at Uni. Left it out on the table in the room, and every day it was still there when we got back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom