Anyone have any stories about rude guests getting their "just desserts"

wdwmomof3

On our last trip we were in line behind about 10-15 people waiting for the Back Lot Express to open. It wasn't roped off but there was a clear line. A "big" woman walked past us right up to the register and stood there until it opened. Everyone just kind of looked at each other, wondering why she would do such a thing. Soon after she did this they opened several registers and the line was gone but gosh. Is waiting five minutes really that big of a deal? I guess she was really hungry.:rolleyes:

Texas84

I've told this several times. Years ago we were behind some very annoying cheerleaders and their boyfriends in the Space Mountain queue for a 1-hour wait. They were jumping down into the plastic silver balls and throwing them around. As soon as they got up to the front of the line where you separate to separate tracks, they were intercepted and thrown out. Everyone cheered. :sohappy:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
There was a lady (and I hesitate to use that term) that was very rude to my mom while we were waiting for the Flag Ceremony to begin, which my dad was a part of (I got him in the ceremony as a 'Thank you' for our trip, which he paid for most of). My mom was standing at the line, and this lady tried to barge her way in front of her. My mom says, "Excuse me, I'm standing here watching my husband in the ceremony". The other person goes, "Have a nice day" in the rudest way possible and storms off saying something that I didn't hear all of but wasn't nice. So we told a CM about the lady, who had gone over to her family and subsequently left all their garbage lying on a bench, and we were told that they were being kicked out when they caught up with them.

Thankfully, the rude family didn't ruin our afternoon. :) My dad was just thrilled to be a part of the Flag Ceremony at MK (even though he didn't say it, the look on his face and smile were all that we needed to know).

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I'm sorry you have yucky commuters for company. I used to commute 100 miles each way to work and it was so intensely stressful. Glad I don't have to do it anymore... :)
Mine's not that long... but it starts at the far end of the colonial district, and bisects through the heart of it, right past a US Army base, and then I'm home safe, to the local areas

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
And your act of chivalry ultimately made me the "Daddy of the Century" with my DS! :sohappy:

[The Cm who MKT 'rescued' gave him FPs for Everest while we were in line with him - enough for his whole party! To this day DS thinks I am the best-connected Daddy ever! :lol:]
To this day I have never waited in line for Everest :D

I've noticed the pass couple years that the teenagers at Disney Parks aren;t as obnoxious as they used to be, maybe a new generation. But my mom always gets upset when she see guests smoking and CM refuse to do anything about it, such as on Main Street, Liberty Square, or Frontierland. People are smoking right in front of everyone and no one does a thing. So my mom usually politely asks a CM to ask them to stop smoking and the Cast Member says "I have no authority to do so" or something like that and my mom went raving. She later wrote a letter to Disney and we got 4-5 complimentary 1 Day Park Hoppers. I can't stand it when people break the rules but when CM refuse to ask or do anything, call in a superior it es me off. Excuse the language.

sweetpee_1993

Ok I have one.....

While back when Goofys Candy Company was called "The Gourment Pantry" about 10 years ago.

It was typical July day with lots and lots of rain. Standing in line waiting to get a chocolate covered rice crispy treat.Behind me was a guy from Chicago waiting in line for some goodies. Then out of nowhere this guy from England butts right in front of the guy behind me. Now the guy from Chicago gets mad and says for him to move.The guy from England says no.

Now at this point the guy from Chicago is calling this guy everything in the world and even brought up us winning the war for Independance. I looked back at him and told him if he thinks about butting me hes gonna get a rice crispy treat shoved in a "not so magical place".

So anyway we get our stuff and walk to the corner and start to eat our stuff. The guy from England gets to the counter and orders his stuff.

He pays and as walking out to the door looks back at the guy from Chicago and says "mmmm this is gonna be soooo good"

As he says that he takes a bite and walks outside and slipped and fell right in a puddle on his back and destroyed his tart.
He didn't get his dessert, did he? Of course the saying "God doesn't punish with a stick" comes to mind, too. LOL! Good story!

mary219

It is actually their culture. I just ignored them.
there is no culture that says you can be rude and aggressive and if there is then stay there.why should anyone be allowed to push aside others just because they are from somewhere else ?baloney.courtesy and respect are a world wide culture.if there was a disneyworld brazil,do you think we would be allowed to show up in large groups and just push our weight around?i dont think so.

mousebymarriage

there is no culture that says you can be rude and aggressive and if there is then stay there.why should anyone be allowed to push aside others just because they are from somewhere else ?baloney.courtesy and respect are a world wide culture.if there was a disneyworld brazil,do you think we would be allowed to show up in large groups and just push our weight around?i dont think so.
Well said! I agree completely!

photoflight

This kind of falls into the realm of this discussion I think... yesterday I was standing in line to get into DHS and there was a line of people behind me speaking what I thought was Portuguese (could have been Spanish - it doesn't matter I guess).

I put my ticket in, did the finger print scan, and got a red light. I didn't move forward an inch during the whole thing... I took my ticket and went to put it in again when I noticed ANOTHER TICKET popped out of the turnstile - and someone was PUSHING ME! I looked back and gave a very kurt "EXCUSE ME" and went to continue putting my ticket back into the turnstile.

Then it hit me... the green light was flashing, and the guy behind me (still pushing on me) already scanned his finger and the turnstile was open. So, I walked through. The turnstile locked up, and there he was trying to figure out what just happened.

I guess when he tried to get in the second time the turnstile locked him out and his pushiness just got him delayed awhile longer. I was all the way up to the Kodak store on the corner and he was still standing there trying to explain it to a CM and figure out what was going on.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

J_Krafty24

I guess when he tried to get in the second time the turnstile locked him out and his pushiness just got him delayed awhile longer. I was all the way up to the Kodak store on the corner and he was still standing there trying to explain it to a CM and figure out what was going on.

AWESOME! I love when people are all pushy and in a huge hurry and end up getting delayed by their own stupidity. Thanks for sharing.:sohappy:

wedway71

Well I dealt with a rude guest once and I GOT MY JUST DESSERTS.

After a long day at MK we were leaving and waiting to board a Monorail.

The Gate opens and the doors do too. My wife and at the time 2 year old daughter(now 13-God help me) was walking into the monoraail. Out of nowhere this couple comes running from the far left of us from another gate and tramples my wife and made her loose hold of my daughter.Luckily I wasnt far behind and caught her mid air.

I lost it totally. I am very cool and collected but mess with my kids and its "Game Over'. I ran in and grabbed the guy by the back of his shirt and ripped him out. His wife was cursing me out in some language-think it was French.

At this time I have this guy over the gate screaming at him.All of a sudden like 5 CMS come running over. They all saw what happened and made them both get out and wait for another Monorail.

The CM asked if we would like to ride in front.

I said "Hell yeah"- since I have never in my 36 years ever rode up front.

So we got to ride in front and again -I GOT MY JUST DESSERTS.:sohappy:

Fireman Donald

Rude Guest

Back in 1998 My wife and kids ,Cousin and Sisterlaw were getting ready to eat lunch at Ray,s cosmic cafe . After getting chicken nuggets burgers fries I waited in line at the fixins bar for ketchup and barbeque sauce when a lady of oriental desent reached right across my tray and tried to get mustard and ketchup will im trying to do the same thing. I said excuss me and got a glare and she proceded to reach across my food . Well after the third time reaching across my food I yelled hey lady get your food they sell it right there.then gave her a nice little hip check after that she waited patiently until i finished. She had a bright red face after my outburst and fled as everyone heard my outburst

figmentmom

It is actually their culture. I just ignored them.

I have met many courteous and polite guests from Brazil, and none of them pushed and shoved their way to the front of a line. I have also met more than a few huge groups from various countries who were loud, pushy and rude on line. I don't think it has anything to do with Brazilian culture - it's mob mentality at work.

I've noticed the pass couple years that the teenagers at Disney Parks aren;t as obnoxious as they used to be, maybe a new generation. But my mom always gets upset when she see guests smoking and CM refuse to do anything about it, such as on Main Street, Liberty Square, or Frontierland. People are smoking right in front of everyone and no one does a thing. So my mom usually politely asks a CM to ask them to stop smoking and the Cast Member says "I have no authority to do so" or something like that and my mom went raving. She later wrote a letter to Disney and we got 4-5 complimentary 1 Day Park Hoppers. I can't stand it when people break the rules but when CM refuse to ask or do anything, call in a superior it es me off. Excuse the language.

There are designated smoking areas all over the parks, and Cast Members who see guests smoking where they're not supposed to will politely direct those guests to the appropriate area. That said, smokers don't always follow the suggestion, and Cast Members are not encouraged to have confrontations with guests.

amandagibbins

yeah ive got one my sister in law and mother in law went to dlp they had been there about 8 times before and have found some french people to be quite rude and that they dont like to queue they decided to go round paris sightseeing and this french lady pushed my mother in law out of the way almost pushing her over my sil gave her a mouthful and the most deadliest of stares and off she went the next thing they hear is that the same lady had pushed past another lady boarding a boat and in doing so tripped and fell and hurt her knee which resulted in missing the rest of the trip and going to hospital i think karma bit her in the A@@:animwink:

MouseMadness

This kind of falls into the realm of this discussion I think... yesterday I was standing in line to get into DHS and there was a line of people behind me speaking what I thought was Portuguese (could have been Spanish - it doesn't matter I guess).

I put my ticket in, did the finger print scan, and got a red light. I didn't move forward an inch during the whole thing... I took my ticket and went to put it in again when I noticed ANOTHER TICKET popped out of the turnstile - and someone was PUSHING ME! I looked back and gave a very kurt "EXCUSE ME" and went to continue putting my ticket back into the turnstile.

Then it hit me... the green light was flashing, and the guy behind me (still pushing on me) already scanned his finger and the turnstile was open. So, I walked through. The turnstile locked up, and there he was trying to figure out what just happened.

:lol: I think this one's the winner so far. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom