Anyone evere have a complaint with their room at WDW? What did WDW do for you?

tigger9

Hello all.
Just got back from the world, had a great time but did have a problem with the hotel rooms at a couple resorts.
Just looking to hear from other people who have had problems with their rooms, what were the problems and what did Disney do for you? Thanks!

Eljay

In April, I had a smelly room with bad mildew stains in the bathroom at Port Orleans Riverside. I got an apology at the desk during check out, nothing more. We only stayed one night there. Never again. It's deluxe all the way from now on. There really is a big difference.

Upvote 0

DisneyBound

Originally posted by Eljay
In April, I had a smelly room with bad mildew stains in the bathroom at Port Orleans Riverside. I got an apology at the desk during check out, nothing more. We only stayed one night there. Never again. It's deluxe all the way from now on. There really is a big difference.

I was there a few weeks ago and had a mildew spotted shower curtain. We really werent in the room enough to notice much else. :)

Upvote 0
If I had a problem with a room at Disney, I would treat it the same way I have during any other extended hotel stay. Contact the front desk, describe the problem, and ask what they can do to correct it. Any other vacation that this has happened to me, usually will result in a new room, usually an upgrade, as they are embarrassed that this happened to you. Should you get no sympathy from the person you complain to, ask for the manager.

I would suspect that the nicer the resort, the more you can expect them to do for you. We have stayed at Boardwalk and Grand Floridian, and have not had a problem. However, with the service we were provided at both places, I am certain any complaint would be dealt with to our satisfaction.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

We've never had a problem with a Disney resort room, per se, but we did stay at Port Orleans one April several years ago in the same building as an entire high school marching band. Now, my husband and I are music teachers ourselves, so not only are we used to a fair amount of noise, but we're also familiar with the trials and tribulations of taking a large group of kids places, but these kids were OUT OF CONTROL. Repeated phone calls to the front desk produced no results, and the hullabaloo went on well into the wee hours. Confronting the kids ourselves was not an option, and there was nary a chaperone in sight.

We went to the front desk in person the next morning, and courteously asked to see a manager. After hearing us out, she agreed that the front desk staff on duty the night before should have made an effort to speak to the chaperones and have THEM quiet things down, and she apologised. That was all we were really looking for - an acknowledgment and an apology - but she also gave us coupons for breakfast for the four of us at Port Orleans' sit-down restaurant, which we did use (and appreciate). Turns out we were BY NO MEANS the only guests who complained, so I have no idea why the problem was not addressed the night before (short-handed at the desk?)

If you have a complaint, I would definitely put it in writiing and mail it. I'll bet you will receive a response, because I do believe Disney wants guests to be satisfied.

Upvote 0

bdhowell

If you ever have a problem, ask a manager! They are more than happy to help you! I have seen some pretty remarkable things done by managers and guest relations at Disney!!

Upvote 0

dreamer

We had a room that smelled bad at the Poly. It smelled musty overlayed with air freshener. It didn't bother my wife but smells affect me like music that's off key.

They changed us to a different room. It was a little better, but there was mildew on the ceiling.

It sounds like Disney would do well to run their AC a little more to keep the mold down. That'll be big bucks if it gets out of control.

Upvote 0

mickeyfanatics

I had a smoky room at OKW (as a DVC points member) and they cleaned it twice while we were out. Then, when they could not get it to our satisfaction, they gave us a different room and even offered to help moove us.

Upvote 0

KathyG/poohbear

I had a problem at AKL this September. We checked out of our room at about 8 am and left our luggage in the hotel's care. We arrived back at the hotel at 1 pm and got our swimsuits out of the suitcase. We came back at 2:45 to get our luggage and it was gone. I didn't like the way the staff or management reacted. Our luggage turned up almost 30 minutes later, it had been sent to the Grand Floridian. I have written letters and talked to 2 executives but so far I have only received an apology. I left the hotel crying without my make-up because of all of this. No one thinks it's a big deal but I was terrified. My child's diabetic supplies were in the luggage.

I am now plan to personally write executives in California and at WDW. I feel like they can at least give me a discounted room. We had on our matching shirts and did not even get to have our pictures made in front of the hotel on our way out as we planned. All I want is a discount on a room during February when the resort will be dead anyway.

I have send many people to WDW and talked it up at work. I am a walking advertisement and have been ever seen I went to Disneyland when I was 15...but no more. They no longer care about customer service at all.

Upvote 0

GenerationX

When we arrived at the Beach Club in July, we were given a room without a daybed, which was something I had specifically asked for when I made the reservation. I called the Front Desk, and they said there were no other rooms available. I asked to speak to a manager, who found an equivalent (but with a daybed) room.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
A similar thing happened to a couple who were at the same meeting we were attending at the Ritz (Naples) They had made a specific type of room request (I can't remember if they did or didn't want 2 beds) but the room they were given was the opposite of what they had requested, and what was written on their confirmation. All of the rooms were full. When they said it was still unacceptable, they were given the Presidential Suite at the same rate! Now that's customer service! :eek:

Upvote 0

RobFL

Account Suspended
Originally posted by GenerationX
When we arrived at the Beach Club in July, we were given a room without a daybed, which was something I had specifically asked for when I made the reservation. I called the Front Desk, and they said there were no other rooms available. I asked to speak to a manager, who found an equivalent (but with a daybed) room.

Just making sure you're clear on this...

Daybeds are a requested but not guaranteed item, like adjoining versus connected rooms. They do their best to accomodate, but its never guranteed, the person on the phone making ressies (was it CRO?) should have explained that better.

-Rob

Upvote 0

GenerationX

Thanks for the info, Rob. I made the reservation through the Disney Club, and when I said I needed the daybed, they noted it, and didn't say it wasn't guaranteed. I (foolishly) assumed it was a done deal.

Upvote 0

mocfan

We stayed at Wilderness Lodge a couple of weeks ago and returned to our room one afternoon to find the beds weren't made and the sheets were laying on the floor. I called housekeeping and apparantly they changed matresses in the room after they cleaned it. They came and made the beds while we went swimming. We weren't upset about it. We were loking on the sink at our new towel creations when our friend sad "Hey look at this" We just looked at each other and laughed.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by RobFL

Just making sure you're clear on this...

Daybeds are a requested but not guaranteed item, like adjoining versus connected rooms. They do their best to accomodate, but its never guranteed, the person on the phone making ressies (was it CRO?) should have explained that better.

-Rob

I would think that the front desk would realize that if someone requests a daybed, it's because a guest has to sleep in it. I've stayed in many rooms with a daybed, and 99% of the time I haven't used it. However, if I had a 3rd child, it would become a necessity rather than a "request." Where would the child sleep? On the floor? Also, if people request adjoining rooms, it's usually because they're trying to abide by the rules. ( although I wouldn't be terribly upset if it couldn't be done; I know this is more difficult for the room assigner) Again, some requests are just that; others are true requirements. Most deluxe hotels will bend over backwards to see that "requests" are honored. Some will do it without anyone asking! (Like the time at the Clift Lodge in Snowbird when my SIL, BIL, and 2 kids were given a room adjoining ours when they casually mentioned on check-in...at 2AM...that we had arrived a few days earlier)

I guess that's why people start "whining" when their rooms are sub par...they're paying for a deluxe hotel and sometimes are getting Motel 6 service. (although I have usually been quite pleased with my room...sometimes the "view" is better than others, but that's the luck of the draw, and I think complaining because you got what you've paid for..standard room, no view...is tacky.)

Upvote 0

RobFL

Account Suspended
Originally posted by The Mom

I would think that the front desk would realize that if someone requests a daybed, it's because a guest has to sleep in it. I've stayed in many rooms with a daybed, and 99% of the time I haven't used it. However, if I had a 3rd child, it would become a necessity rather than a "request." Where would the child sleep? On the floor? Also, if people request adjoining rooms, it's usually because they're trying to abide by the rules. ( although I wouldn't be terribly upset if it couldn't be done; I know this is more difficult for the room assigner) Again, some requests are just that; others are true requirements. Most deluxe hotels will bend over backwards to see that "requests" are honored. Some will do it without anyone asking! (Like the time at the Clift Lodge in Snowbird when my SIL, BIL, and 2 kids were given a room adjoining ours when they casually mentioned on check-in...at 2AM...that we had arrived a few days earlier)

I guess that's why people start "whining" when their rooms are sub par...they're paying for a deluxe hotel and sometimes are getting Motel 6 service. (although I have usually been quite pleased with my room...sometimes the "view" is better than others, but that's the luck of the draw, and I think complaining because you got what you've paid for..standard room, no view...is tacky.)

I think they'll give you the roll-away bed in that instance, if you ask for it. They always have those available, no?

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom