Anyone else think Test Track is a totally weak ride?

will341

For me, there's always something new to see and find on Test Track, since it is so diverse and has a lot of hidden details which are fun if you're looking for them (like Hidden Mickeys).

To me, MISSION SPACE is totally weak. It really doesn't lend to too much imagination and the experience is exactly the same each time.

At least on Test Track, it's always fun going on the track and feeling what it's like when it is raining, reeeeealy cold or reeeeealy hot out.

Other Really Weak E-tickets:
- Dinosaur (I call it Dino-snore)
- Everest... what people see in this I do not know.

You're joking right? Everest is a great concept and if you sit in the back couple of rows i believe its 9 or 10 to the back than you get a great ride.

SirGoofy

Is TT my favorite ride? No, but it is a great ride for the whole family. My grandmother went on the ride, and she doesn't even go on anything close to it.

Now Dinosaur is a complete other story. It is amazing. There is no ride that makes you think dinosaurs are actually attacking you. They are the most ridiculously realistic AAs I've ever seen in person, and it is a terrifying experience.

And I agree with Lee. Dissing E:E? Really?:brick:

doop

I think the imagineers could have put more effort into the attraction, but overall I still enjoy riding it. If they want to classify it as a thrill ride, I personally think they should bump the speed up to about 100 MPH, THEN it would be a big thrill. :D

girlface

I totally agree! I get p**sed causethey tell you you will wait in line for 45 minutes,it brakes down so your there for like 75 minutes...then you get on a crappy ride which you think is gonna be fast all the way through and it actually just makes you feel sick when you come of.

I say just make it fast all the way through/....it only goes fast for like a second.

hardcard

When you are in the pre-show they make it sound like your going to be doing some crazy accelerating and swerving and such. But the ride is just lame. My commute to work everyday is much more eventful - super steep ice covered hills, merging across 5 lanes within 15 feet, dodging the cars that weren't succesful and are crasing around me, deciding whether its worth hitting certain pedestrians or not as they stupicly step in front of my car. Then I get on TT and its like the TTA.

I think you are missing the point.... The entire concept behind TT is to teach you safety, and proper SAFE operation of a motor vehicle... Everything you just described enjoying in your real life car is the exact opposite of that...

girlface

I totally agree! I get p**sed causethey tell you you will wait in line for 45 minutes,it brakes down so your there for like 75 minutes...then you get on a crappy ride which you think is gonna be fast all the way through and it actually just makes you feel sick when you come of.

I say just make it fast all the way through/....it only goes fast for like a second.

Animaniac93-98

I enjoy Test Track, I just don't think it is something that belongs at EPCOT.

Agreed. For me it's not that Test Track is a bad ride, it's just annoying to see an entire Epcot pavilion devoted to automobile testing in 1997 (which I'm hoping has changed since then). Test Track as part of an Pavilion that covers all areas of transportation would be better. Like World of Motion. :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Agreed. For me it's not that Test Track is a bad ride, it's just annoying to see an entire Epcot pavilion devoted to automobile testing in 1997 (which I'm hoping has changed since then). Test Track as part of an Pavilion that covers all areas of transportation would be better. Like World of Motion. :lol:

EXACTLY!

:D

Craig & Lisa

When we took my niece and nephew on it we asked during the sharp turns if this was like their moms driving and their answer was, " yea, but without the smoke!"

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

:eek:

I don't even know where to start with how WRONG this whole post is. :brick:

teej

Yeah it was a real let down..I found it really boring..I don't understand why people were screaming on it..it's not even fast

ldsprincess

yeah...i don't really get it either. theline is always incredibly long and it's not worth it at all..for me, anways. i really don't see myself waiting in line for that one ever again! there's way cooler things to do at epcot, and since it's so big, no use waisting time riding in a car. lol

Hammer1310

I don't get the hatred for this attraction. I understand the people that miss WoM. I love dark rides and miss the attraction almost as much as Horizons but TT does what is is designed to do pretty well. It's fun, inventive and doesn't take itself to seriously.
Now, if only the legroom was a bit better in the back seat (my girlfriend hit her knees several times and wont go back).

KaliSplash

Test Track is an excellent ride. If you are looking for some thrilling, roller-coaster like experience, you are in the wrong park. Test Track is what it is. It is what is designed to be. Did the original marketing oversell it? Perhaps. But it is an excellent ride. It is not a roller coaster. It is not intended to be a roller coaster.

Dinosaur is another fine ride. Perhaps not as fine as when Countdown to Extinction originally opened, it is another excellent ride. It's intense and exciting. I constantly read people complaining that it is the exact same ride as DL's Indiana Jones ride, but with different, inferior theming. Well, I've never been to DL and probably wouldn't recognize the same twists and turns even if I had. Heck, I couldn't tell you the layout of It's A Small World and I ride it everytime I visit.

Are either of these "Cedar Point-the latest fastest coaster" attractions. No. There are not intended to be. If that's what you're looking for, you should look elsewhere.

sublimesting

Original Poster
I think you are missing the point.... The entire concept behind TT is to teach you safety, and proper SAFE operation of a motor vehicle... Everything you just described enjoying in your real life car is the exact opposite of that...

Eh, safety isn't "fun"....neither is my 1 hour 7 mile commute. I want to go FAST:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom