Anyone else sad Mickey+Minnie's houses are going?

tink@heart

I am a bit sad too that the houses themselves won't be there. However, for those of you that have a Wii at home----they are featured on the new Epic Mickey game on "Ostown". You can get your fix and even help Mickey paint them too!

mharrington

I am a bit sad too that the houses themselves won't be there. However, for those of you that have a Wii at home----they are featured on the new Epic Mickey game on "Ostown". You can get your fix and even help Mickey paint them too!

But Ostown, as I've noticed on YouTube, appears to resemble more Disneyland's Toontown.

cheezbat

I am soooooo upset about the removal of the homes. Kids and adults love to go and see it. Kids get a kick out of seeing where the fab duo live. I have been saying this since the announcement of the expansion that I think Fanttasyland will be lovely, but seems more female oriented. As a mommy of all boys this bumbs me out. B&tB seems to be taking over (my fav movie so I am cool with it) but for boys...not so much.

I am with you...growing up with 3 younger bros they are not impressed in any way with this FLE. I am moreso than them, but that's just because I'm always interested in new stuff.
Personally, I think a new Toontown concept should be realized and the houses should be kept and new meet and greet areas built for the fab 5. As I've said before I'll say it again...doze the Speedway and open up that area for a NEW Toontown with the houses and a few rides!

mharrington

I am with you...growing up with 3 younger bros they are not impressed in any way with this FLE. I am moreso than them, but that's just because I'm always interested in new stuff.
Personally, I think a new Toontown concept should be realized and the houses should be kept and new meet and greet areas built for the fab 5. As I've said before I'll say it again...doze the Speedway and open up that area for a NEW Toontown with the houses and a few rides!

But the Speedway is right within plain view of both the Tomorrowland Transit Authority and Space Mountain, among other things. How can they possibly make a Toontown fit right INSIDE Tomorrowland?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
But the Speedway is right within plain view of both the Tomorrowland Transit Authority and Space Mountain, among other things. How can they possibly make a Toontown fit right INSIDE Tomorrowland?

They have cartoons in the future...I see no problem at all.

mp2bill

I'm really sad. I LOVE Micky and Minnie's houses and Toontown. I visit it every single time when I am in the Magic Kingdom. They need to stay.

I like the houses as well, but they're awkward as they just seem planted there. I feel like they could have an actual ToonTown if they changed the layout of the Speedway by having it go perpendicular to the train tracks as well as over them (which may be cool). This way, you'd have the back of ToonTown to the tracks with the train stop at the back.

I know the Speedway is usually pretty full, but for the amount of space it takes up, I'm pretty disappointed every time I ride it.

natz66

I am sad about this as well. Yes, Toontown never lived up to its potential. But I'll miss the houses because they were a glimpse into what the land could have been.

On our last trip, Minnie's house was a highlight for my three-year-old daughter. She had to be dragged out of the kicthen so others could bake the cake or make popcorn. On our trip this March, we'll be making a farewell tour of Minnie's house.

Sorry to say that Disney announced that Toontown will be closed at the beginning of February.

T-1MILLION

I fear how packed this will make the mainstreet areas..even more so than usual with it being the only true way to enter and leave the park.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yeah, that's the other thing about Main Street that has me worried. I'm surprised no one has thought of this yet.

I see no problem, Disney is perfectly capable of queuing people. There will be no attractions, besides the meet-n-greets, so once people have met the characters they will tend to disperse. There will be no more loitering around like there was in ToonTown (anymore so than there already is on Main Street.)

Also, with the MnG's on MS people will have more of a tendency to do this first, or sometimes before the parades, instead of waiting to the end of the day when most people are trying to leave the park.

I foresee no problem with the queue interfering with people trying to exit the park.

mharrington

I see no problem, Disney is perfectly capable of queuing people. There will be no attractions, besides the meet-n-greets, so once people have met the characters they will tend to disperse. There will be no more loitering around like there was in ToonTown (anymore so than there already is on Main Street.)

Also, with the MnG's on MS people will have more of a tendency to do this first, or sometimes before the parades, instead of waiting to the end of the day when most people are trying to leave the park.

I foresee no problem with the queue interfering with people trying to exit the park.

I have the feeling that they will just plop them in there and that's that. No theme or anything, just plop the characters in there and nothing else.

Scar Junior

I have the feeling that they will just plop them in there and that's that. No theme or anything, just plop the characters in there and nothing else.

That's exactly what's going to happen.

It's not ideal, but you can't expect them to spends millions on a meet and greet that doesn't generate revenue - save the photos purchased.

Disney05

I really wish they would relocate the houses someplace. Just the architectural aspects of them are cool. It's a real live cartoon. The rest of Toontown can go.

mharrington

I really wish they would relocate the houses someplace. Just the architectural aspects of them are cool. It's a real live cartoon. The rest of Toontown can go.

The way I'd have done it, I would've created a brand-new house for Mickey over near the Barnstormer. This would help justify the theme of that ride, which is still tied to Goofy.

mharrington

One reason why I think that the Expo Hall is not the best choice to place Mickey and Minnie is this: it's an awkward position, right inside the park entrance. It's off to the side and I don't think people realize it's there. They're going in or out of the park and they're probably not thinking about doing anything right at that exact moment.

It's like with the Opera House at Disneyland where Mr. Lincoln is (which is in the same general vicinity as the Expo Hall). The location for that show is problematic. People are just walking in or leaving the park and are not thinking about doing attractions at that particular juncture. The hat shop next door actually does more business than the show does. This was why Disneyland tried time and time again to replace the sparsely-attended show, only to face opposition for fans whenever it does that.

So if Mr. Lincoln never did much business, how can they expect the Expo Hall to do better, even if it is in a different park?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom