Anyone else disappointed...that they expand FANTASYLAND?

Aurora's#1Fan

What is the FLE budget? Months after this expansion was announced, I still wonder if the majority of the money would have been better spent on a new "E Ticket" attraction for each of DHS & AK and still have money to build the LM attraction along with a corresponding restaurant on the former spot of 20k?

Why invest all the money into the park that currently has the best attendance? I know the numbers aren't available, but I'd love to know the cost breakdown on these glorified meet and greets? A girl 3-10 is going to love meeting the princesses regardless of the setting, so why invest such a huge amount of money for such a small(no pun intended) target audience?
And you wonder why DLR has been doing things better :hammer:I mean look at Indiana Jones. It wasn't meant for small kids but for Adults and young adults and look how much detail went into that.

The only problem I have with this expansion is that all it is, is a bunch of meet and greets and a copy attraction from DCA. I also have this deep gut feeling that it won't turn out the way they wanted it to turn out :dazzle:

po1998

So what you are saying is that instead of expanding all of Fantasyland and adding more excitement and freshness to it, you'd prefer to blow it all in one shot on one attraction..See this only reaffirms what I have alwas said..you will never please the rabid Disney fans..you give them this that want that..you give them that they want something else...people say that they arent doing anything to match WWOHP and here Disney does something to answer those critics by adding a substantial chunk of new development to FL and people are still complaining..I for one am excited and hopeful that Disney will live up to the hype they have created for this expansion and not take the cheap way out..otherwise I say it cant happen soon enough
Go back and re-read my post. I didn't say to blow the entire FLE budget on one attraction.

I said along with the LM attraction in FL and a LM based TS restaurant, add a E Ticket attraction in DHS and also in AK. I don't think my post was that confusing.:shrug:

Lee

Adventurer
So what you are saying is that instead of expanding all of Fantasyland and adding more excitement and freshness to it, you'd prefer to blow it all in one shot on one attraction..
No. Not in one shot on one attraction.
For what they are budgeting for the FLE, they could have built TLM, the BatB restaurant complex, a nice, small princess/fairy M&G area and a major new ride in Adventureland or Tomorowland. (or one really good Space Mountain refurb) Or put an E into AK where it is sorely needed. That would be a much better use of the funds.
That way, everybody get's something. Everybody wins.

people say that they arent doing anything to match WWOHP and here Disney does something to answer those critics by adding a substantial chunk of new development to FL and people are still complaining.
Sorry. FLE does nothing to answer WWoHP. It will produce nowhere near the increases in revenue or turnstile clicks, and serve a smaller demographic.

dxwwf3

No. Not in one shot on one attraction.
For what they are budgeting for the FLE, they could have built TLM, the BatB restaurant complex, a nice, small princess/fairy M&G area and a major new ride in Adventureland or Tomorowland. (or one really good Space Mountain refurb) Or put an E into AK where it is sorely needed. That would be a much better use of the funds.
That way, everybody get's something. Everybody wins.

Any idea why that was not the plan they chose to follow through on? Sounds like it would have improved the park a lot more with adding something new to Adventureland/Tomorrowland.

Tigerace81

$$$$
They plan on selling a metric buttload of princess merch. Possibly some more overpriced character meals. "Improving" the park was not as much a factor as leveraging the princess lines for maximum cash return. That and to ease some of the MK's capacity issues.

They would be if the stroller brigade hung out there all day.
All FLE will do is spread the strollers out more...which is good I guess.

Good enough for me haha.

cheezbat

I'm sorry...but while this may be a necessary addition to the Magic Kingdom, there IS a need for a new E-ticket thrill ride.
I've said it before: When was the last time MK got an E-ticket? Splash Mountain. 18 years ago. That's insane. I too agree that MK has dropped to my least favorite Walt Disney World theme park now. Why? It is VERY kid friendly, which is good, but it's not so teen or young adult friendly. While it does have 3 thrill rides(Splash, Space and Big Thunder Mountains) all three of them are tame compared to what most people consider thirll rides nowdays.

Some of you may bash me for this, but I was at Universal last week checking out the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and was BLOWN AWAY at the detail, the friendliness of the staff, and just the sheer awesomeness of the Forbidden Journey attraction. This is indeed a game changer. I know Disney probably doesn't feel like this is a threat, but I really do hope to see Universal's numbers increase, and Disney's decrease if that's what it takes for them to get something amazing placed into the Magic Kingdom again. While the Fantasyland Expension is nice, it is NOT amazing, nor a game changer by any means.

RadioHead

I'm sorry...but while this may be a necessary addition to the Magic Kingdom, there IS a need for a new E-ticket thrill ride.
I've said it before: When was the last time MK got an E-ticket? Splash Mountain. 18 years ago. That's insane. I too agree that MK has dropped to my least favorite Walt Disney World theme park now. Why? It is VERY kid friendly, which is good, but it's not so teen or young adult friendly. While it does have 3 thrill rides(Splash, Space and Big Thunder Mountains) all three of them are tame compared to what most people consider thirll rides nowdays.

Some of you may bash me for this, but I was at Universal last week checking out the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and was BLOWN AWAY at the detail, the friendliness of the staff, and just the sheer awesomeness of the Forbidden Journey attraction. This is indeed a game changer. I know Disney probably doesn't feel like this is a threat, but I really do hope to see Universal's numbers increase, and Disney's decrease if that's what it takes for them to get something amazing placed into the Magic Kingdom again. While the Fantasyland Expension is nice, it is NOT amazing, nor a game changer by any means.

Yet, it's only 1 attraction. Mind blowing? Yes. But only 1 attraction. An the whole park only takes a day to complete, and would take even less if the lines weren't so long. I also feel many will be disappointed. All of my friends are calling this the "Harry Potter Park" assuming it's like it's own mini theme park. When in reality it's just a land themed into Harry potter, with one new ride.

Sketch105

When was the last time MK got an E-ticket? Splash Mountain. 18 years ago. That's insane.

When was the last time MK NEEDED an E-Ticket? The attendance is always bursting every day of the year.

And with 3 other parks that need TLC, MK is the least in need of attracting more guests with an E-Ticket. Animal Kingdom still needs to come up to par in my opinion, and I believe DHS is ready for something big besides a clone of a DCA/DLP attraction. Maybe a Fantasmic rehab that brings the DL dragon to here?

Aurora's#1Fan

When was the last time MK NEEDED an E-Ticket? The attendance is always bursting every day of the year.

And with 3 other parks that need TLC, MK is the least in need of attracting more guests with an E-Ticket. Animal Kingdom still needs to come up to par in my opinion, and I believe DHS is ready for something big besides a clone of a DCA/DLP attraction. Maybe a Fantasmic rehab that brings the DL dragon to here?
You sort of counter yourself here...

TDO doesn't think they should build anything new unless they start losing attendance..

tirian

It isn't a matter of attracting Guests; it's a logistical/operations problem of already hosting too many Guests without offering enough people-eating attractions. Neither DL nor TDL sees as many people as the MK, yet both offer more rides and better entertainment.

But aside from the MK—yeah, everything else you're listing also needs to be done. :lol:

stitchcastle

I find the complaints about there being no new e-tickets to be incredibly annoying, it's not like the FLE is the LAST thing they are ever going to build at WDW. You people are just whiny and impatient about it. Of course they will build new e-tickets, just wait for it geez. I'm just happy that the MK FL is finally going to be pretty.

I don't even care that people are creaming themselves over the new Harry Potter land and are angry that Disney isn't doing anything to counter it. I'd much rather Disney do nothing and then gets served when it cannibalizes their attendance because that will teach them a much desrved lesson and finally bring some real competition. (Which should have happened when IoA opened, that would have brought incredible expansions and additions to the parks)

SeaCastle

As a family of three non-children, the Fantasyland Expansion is of virtually no interest to us besides the elaborate D-ticket Mermaid attraction, and maybe a nice place to eat. If someone would like to explain to me how Disney is not alienating my demographic by building a bunch of meet n' greets with princesses (Okay...elaborate meet n' greets with princesses and Pixies) I'll buy you lunch at Club 33.

Sure, the expanded area will be beautiful. Sure, it's fixing some long-standing issues at the Magic Kingdom with regard to capacity. But Disney is throwing most people over the age of 13 under the bus with attractions that are irrelevant to us. I don't mean to come across as so negative...I'm sure the new area will be beautiful, and worthy of having the Disney name on it. Perhaps if TDO went with the original proposal, I'd be willing to spend more than a half hour in the new area besides admiring the pretty landscaping. (I'm looking at you too, Space Mountain!)

RadioHead

As a family of three non-children, the Fantasyland Expansion is of virtually no interest to us besides the elaborate D-ticket Mermaid attraction, and maybe a nice place to eat. If someone would like to explain to me how Disney is not alienating my demographic by building a bunch of meet n' greets with princesses (Okay...elaborate meet n' greets with princesses and Pixies) I'll buy you lunch at Club 33.

Sure, the expanded area will be beautiful. Sure, it's fixing some long-standing issues at the Magic Kingdom with regard to capacity. But Disney is throwing most people over the age of 13 under the bus with attractions that are irrelevant to us. I don't mean to come across as so negative...I'm sure the new area will be beautiful, and worthy of having the Disney name on it. Perhaps if TDO went with the original proposal, I'd be willing to spend more than a half hour in the new area besides admiring the pretty landscaping. (I'm looking at you too, Space Mountain!)

Well live a little? Why are princess not cool? Because your male, need to show off your physical dominance? Or to embarrassed to hang with the young-uns?

To me the new Fantasy Land screams MAGIC. An in a world that is filled with so much crap, I'd be willing to sit on a bench, and just view the magic that it'll bring to everyone, albeit for a few hours.

Besides, who actually goes to Disney World for the rides? I mean I can name you countless Amusment Parks that do it better than Disney (in terms of thrills and what not). Disney World stands out because of it's magical atmosphere, and incredible, one of a kind theming. That's why you SHOULD be going to disney.

Who cares that this Fantasy land expansion might be light on the attraction side? I'd rather walk through a beautiful field of flowers, viewing a towering castle in the background, than a short 3 minute ride...

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
I find the complaints about there being no new e-tickets to be incredibly annoying, it's not like the FLE is the LAST thing they are ever going to build at WDW. You people are just whiny and impatient about it.

And you are insulting. We had a perfect civilized discussion about this topic so far where both sides brought in their opinions and arguments and I don't think we need any comments like yours that insult those who have a different opinion as whiny. If you are feeling so annoyed by other opinions perhaps you should just ignore this thread instead of offending others?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom