Anyone else disappointed...that they expand FANTASYLAND?

cheezbat

I assume they are squeezing in that e-tic everybody wants. :lookaroun

Always hating on that E-ticket, eh lebeau? lol

I know E-tickets are NEEDED in the other parks, but next year is the Magic Kingdom's 40th anniversary, so I think many of us fans really hoped that an anniversary of that magnitude should warrant an E-ticket attraction. Especially with Universal's major addition of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter to rival Disney. Instead, we're getting a Fantasyland Expansion, at least 1 year AFTER the 40th, and with 1 D ticket ride.

lebeau

Always hating on that E-ticket, eh lebeau? lol

I know E-tickets are NEEDED in the other parks, but next year is the Magic Kingdom's 40th anniversary, so I think many of us fans really hoped that an anniversary of that magnitude should warrant an E-ticket attraction. Especially with Universal's major addition of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter to rival Disney. Instead, we're getting a Fantasyland Expansion, at least 1 year AFTER the 40th, and with 1 D ticket ride.

Don't get me wrong, if they opened an e-ticket at MK (or any other park for that matter), I'd be as excited as anyone else. No hate here.

I'm just, as they say, keepin' it real when I say an e-tic at MK is unlikely. Doesn't mean I don't want one too.

Realistically, the 40th is irrelevant except as a marketing ploy.

As much as I am hearing positive things about Potter, I'm not sure it matters much in the grand scheme of things. But I would love for Disney to feel a pinch. Hopefully, Potter will lure enough people away to Universal to wake Disney up.

dxwwf3

I'm glad they are saving Pixie Hollow for last. Hopefully that will be just a flash in the pan and they can put something better in its place.

lebeau

:ROFLOL:
Yeah, right...
More like deciding to build what is planned or cut more stuff.

I suspect they will cut more stuff. Maybe PH will never be built. But what a lot of the PH-haters don't seem to get is that if they cut PH, they aren't putting something up in its place. They'll just cut the budget and move on.

dxwwf3

I suspect they will cut more stuff. Maybe PH will never be built. But what a lot of the PH-haters don't seem to get is that if they cut PH, they aren't putting something up in its place. They'll just cut the budget and move on.

No big deal. It looked like all they were going to do was add a meet and greet and a cheap carnival style ride. Better off saving the money, IMO.

lebeau

No big deal. It looked like all they were going to do was add a meet and greet and a cheap carnival style ride. Better off saving the money, IMO.

I don't even need the carnival ride. But I would like an enhanced M&G to make the hour-plus wait less painful.

Demand for that Tink M&G is higher than for a lot of rides in the park.

Tigerace81

Pixie Hollow is Phase 2.

If I remember correctly, Phase 1 was supposed to come out in 2012 with Phase 2 in 2013. But word on the street is to expect delays. Phase 1 will likely be 2013 and Phase 2 (if it happens at all) will likely be 2014. At least, that's the rumor.

Thanks for clarifcation. My sister just bought the Frommers guide to WDW and in the fantasyland section it had a few pages on FLE.

lentesta

Premium Member
The Unofficial Guide Color Companion has a hilarious write up on the Fantasyland Expansion.

Thanks, RSoxNo1. It was fun to write. Here's the original blog post I wrote as a draft.

A couple of things:

The phrase "...exile on Main Street" is part of a series of rock music references throughout the book. There are many others hidden in the rest of the book. One that didn't make it was for the Animal Kingdom's photos of the Oasis: "Yes, there are two paths you can go by. But in the long run, you'll still end up on Discovery Island."

The word consigliere and the phrase "that was just business" are references to The Godfather series of films.

The phrase "kept the trains running on schedule" is a reference to Italy's Benito Mussolini, of whom this was said as a justification for his rise to power.

Gaston's restaurant reference is from Beauty and the Beast's song "Gaston."

The reference to invading France is ... well, it's just funny.

On a related note, the reference to "Bret the intern" and llamas in the It's a Small World review is a shout out to Disney Mom's Panel dad Bret Caldwell, whose wife is from Peru.

The last line of the Tiki Room review is a quote from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, so the "other Guide author" is Douglas Adams.

The caption of the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster's photo on page 295 is a line from Aerosmith's "One Way Street."

The Lights! Motors! Action! caption of the red car jumping off a ramp is a Bugs Bunny quote from "Looney Tunes: Back in Action."

The "two-week cruise" caption from Jungle Cruise is a line from the ride itself.

The reference to vomiting after Mad Tea Party is a shout out to my twin sister, whom I actually made throw up after this ride once, in the very bushes mentioned in the ride review.

The Carousel of Progress review was originally an observation on how the ride illustrates the changing role of women throughout the 20th century. Didn't make the cut.

The Willie Wonka reference in The Land pavilion's Behind the Seeds tour came after Bob and I lagged behind our tour group to start eating the plants and vegetables without our Castmember guide seeing us.

The "give [him] what-for" line in the Hall of Presidents review is a reference to the 20's scene from Tomorrowland's Carousel of Progress.

"What could possibly go wrong?" in the Star Tours review is a running joke from the WDWToday podcast, where I text Matt Hochberg every time I get on a plane with the words "About to board plane to XXXX. What could possibly go wrong?" The idea is that if something does go wrong, Matt will end up on the Today show with a great story about my last words to him.

I'm going to have to post a list of these things at some point.

RSoxNo1

Len,

I got some of those references, but definitely not all. I especially liked the Douglas Adams nod. I've actually got a more thorough review of the guide, but I'll e-mail you directly. I'll be sure to acknowledge that I post as RSoxNo1 on here in the e-mail.

Great work as usual.

MonsterManX

I posted something big and long before but now I'm gonna retract what I said and just hope my generation gets to see like a new Tommarowland or something. Seriously we need it , it basically represents a lot for us as cliche as that sounds. I think if FLE is successful in any form they'll keep going. They can't afford to waste time anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom