Anyone else disappointed...that they expand FANTASYLAND?

ABigBrassBand

I think that if any part of the parks needs to be expanded next, it should definitely be Adventureland, especially because of the lack of movement through the bazaar. However, I love the FLE and can't wait to see how it turns out.

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
While it is nice to see an addition of any sort to the Magic Kingdom, it does indeed sadden me to know that the park has not recieved an E-ticket attraction since Splash Mountain back in 1992. 18 years? Seriously? How much longer do we have to wait? The Magic Kingdom is the most attended theme park in the WORLD...and the parks here in Florida are also the most expensive Disney parks on the planet as well. They have the money. Why not appease us fans who have been waiting for a new E-ticket for all of these years?

Because it IS the most attended theme park in the world. I really hope Universals WWoHarry Potter will finally change or at least challenge that. Only dropping attendance numbers will force these boneheads in the management to build something that attracts all of us and not only parents and small children.

And after Marni made it clear, that all we get as a RIDE in the largest expansion of MK in its history is not even a true E-Ticket I again changed my opinion. I really don't like these plans now.

MonsterManX

Just going to say it. I'm a little princess'd out (seriously how many more princess based things can be done? Especially with the Frog and Now the Entangled Movie).I've hit a realisation the other day that the only reason they're doing this is because if you appeal to little girls heavily they'll double anything a boy wants ($$$ Wise). If you know anything about toys , this shows a lot too. Otherwise Boy based toys usually outsell.

But this goes towards why they even expanded Fantasyland. Like honestly I went through it and didnt' really think much wrong of it. Seemed like every other themed land in the park , it had that oldskool vibe. To me I really just kinda facepalmed (hand over face) when I heard they were expanding it. Don't get me wrong it'll be cool to see a huge forest and Beauty and the Beast's area and the Little Mermaid ride. But I'm a guy. How long could I honestly enjoy that? Even when they presented the Sleeping Beauty event for the children they didn't have the greatest answer for what a boy is going to do. They were just "yep...we'll give them some armor and a sword". Cool?

I don't know about you guys but they should update Tommarowland. Just my 2 cents.

erasure fan1

Mermaid is a D. If the visuals and AAs are impressive it`ll be a solid D. Its length will let it down. With a track length of around 700ft it isn`t that long, take off around 120 ft for load/unload and you`re left with something around 580ft of ride - compared to say the HMs 960ft.
Thats what I would expect from Disney. If they do something new, its a short experience. If they refurbish something they tend to skimp out and go cheap. there are a couple of exceptions, I know.

As far as the OP goes, I have mixed feelings. Im not disappointed they are expanding fantasyland, Im disappointed that they are not expanding animal kingdom or adding an E-ticket to the MK or making the studios a full day park. Expanding fantasyland (unless it was something fantastic, and its not) was not real high on my list of things I would like to see. Im glad its something but lets hope for something a bit more substantial once Harry Potter opens.

audiotinker

I don't know about you guys but they should update Tommarowland. Just my 2 cents.

Amen... Amen Amen! Such a pity they don't focus more on this area. It could really be something great. Science, Fantasy... doesn't that sound um... not like tomorrowland in any way! :lol::lookaroun It's really a shame, because they could have sooo much in the way of jules verne type sci-fi themed fantasy stuff and it would be amazing. Stitch's Escape? Yah, fun. Monsters INC. laugh floor? Love it. BLSRS? Total fun. While I'm a sucker for this stuff, can someone please explain its relevance to tomorrowland??? :veryconfu

mickey2008.1

Some are happy , some are not. Im not. But how much did HPWWOA cost to the new FLE? Disney has more guests, and we get meet n greets and a d ticket. Whats up with that? I know, just be happy we got something.:brick:

MonsterManX

Amen... Amen Amen! Such a pity they don't focus more on this area. It could really be something great. Science, Fantasy... doesn't that sound um... not like tomorrowland in any way! :lol::lookaroun It's really a shame, because they could have sooo much in the way of jules verne type sci-fi themed fantasy stuff and it would be amazing. Stitch's Escape? Yah, fun. Monsters INC. laugh floor? Love it. BLSRS? Total fun. While I'm a sucker for this stuff, can someone please explain its relevance to tomorrowland??? :veryconfu

Well considering I'm growing up during this new generation that has to solve things like Global Warming and ...well...I don't know what else. I would really think a company like Disney would want to show Tommarowland as something that changes like technology does. Now i admit I get p'od when I keep seeing a company like say ..Apple, pop out new gadget after new gadget every year but I mean honestly didn't Walt have like this crazy thought on how the future would play out? I'm a Sci-Fi nerd and I don't honestly see anything referencing the YEARS TO COME more or so then the classic "50's B Movie esqe thoughts".

Now again to contridict myself , Huge B movie fan. But can't we clash that kinda of atmosphere with the appearence of something very up to date or futurtistic tech based? We're clearly not all gonna fly around in rocket cars but they could deffinetetly do a lot more with robots and energy sources and such. I mean come on you have some of the best engineers (ok ok IMAGINEERS) in the world. You can't honestly tell us you don't have the capabilities or the money to build something that really reflects what's the next step in our world.

Personally I think Mike's Laugh Floor should stay. Maybe it's the inner Monsters Inc Fan in me (my icon gives it away) , but I can honestly say this show never bores me. I always laugh or smile and I come out very entertained. Also the pre-show is awesome , you can't even lie. Stitch is easily THEE worst ride in the whole park. Buzz Lightyear is cool but honestly they can do something different with the character that doesn't involve a shooting game. I mean they can do a lot. They can still have old flare but with a new look and a new batch of ideas. I would really love to see more aliens and robots personally. Because even if we don't say "meet" whatever could be out there. I feel like the lack of aliens makes the Sci-Fi Feel go away. The only aliens I see are at Cosmic Ray's. Stitch doesn't count. He's fluffy! Again just my 2 cents.

Please Disney for the love of it all , Update Tommarowland next (or at least Animal Kingdom!)

cheezbat

While I like Laugh Floor I really dont think it belongs in Tomorrowland. Monsters=Tomorrowland? I like it alot, but it just doesn't make sense to me. Now that so-called 'attraction' across from it, Stitch's Great Escape - I can't stand that thing. Such a sad replacement for a really cool attraction. I never see people come out of that thing all smiles. It can't be that popular, so this thing's gotta go one day.
But one of my lest favorite attrations in Tomorrowland is the Speedway. It should really go. That attraction takes up so much space, and it smells! Maybe a new Toontown could find a home sitting on this prime real estate! I'd like to see something more worthwhile in place of the speedway.

So basically, I think the Magic Kingdom needs to give some loving to Tomorrowland, as well as add a new E-ticket in Adventureland.
Animal Kingdom - needs a new land and at least 3 or 4 more attractions badly. Such a half day park.
Hollywood Studios- bring 1 more big attraction in and I think it's set,
Epcot-the park I really don't have any problems with, though I would like to see a new attraction added to the WOL pavillion.

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
Stitch's Escape? Yah, fun. Monsters INC. laugh floor? Love it. BLSRS? Total fun. While I'm a sucker for this stuff, can someone please explain its relevance to tomorrowland??? :veryconfu

Hmmm...now I think that the relevance of BLSRS ist at least clear, we have a (cartoon) hero who fights a bad galactic enemy, that is science fiction, although in a very cartoonisch approach. Stitch's escape? Well Stitch is an alien so there is again some connection to sci-fi, but it doesn't matter at least to me because I hate it, one of the most lame attractions in MK. And Monsters Inc? I quit. I really don't know what animated monsters have to do with "Tomorrow" or even sci-fi. I believe its only there because they had to fill the timekeeper building and the Monsters were available. That they are in the totally wrong place didn't seem to come to the mind of ANY disney manager.
btw. I don't know what a very modest car racing track has to do with the future either. Are the cars futuristic? I guess not.

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
i am glad they chose FL. It is the most lacking imo.

Excuse me but what was FL lacking compared to Adventureland (last added major attraction when Nixon was president) or Tomorrowland? (see below) were the last REAL improvement was, yeah what? Actual it's BLSRS because the others are worse and that ride IS fun but a real major attraction? They didn't even change the tracks from Dreamflight.

MonsterManX

Buzz was rendered useless the day Men In Black opened over at Uni.
Same basic idea...executed far better.

Haha so true. Personally Buzz Lightyear should be turned into something exciting. Especially now with Toy Story 3 coming out. No better timing.

Would love an in the dark alien outspace adventure ride where say everything goes wrong with the ship or something and your strapped into like a mini coaster or something similar to dinosaur. It doesn't even have to be huge or long. Disney IMO lacks dark rides.

disneysroyal411

Haha so true. Personally Buzz Lightyear should be turned into something exciting. Especially now with Toy Story 3 coming out. No better timing.

Would love an in the dark alien outspace adventure ride where say everything goes wrong with the ship or something and your strapped into like a mini coaster or something similar to dinosaur. It doesn't even have to be huge or long. Disney IMO lacks dark rides.

I automatically thought of the game Dead Space, you go up to a spacecraft where you are the last alive and everyone has been taken over and turned into messed up creatures that haunt and scare you.

They could do this by using something similar to an omnivor ride system. They do it slowly so that suspense really builds. Even if it's a childish theme. Like a Toy Story Spaceship gone wrong. Got it, Sid's Spaceship!

Disneyfanman

Mermaid is a D. If the visuals and AAs are impressive it`ll be a solid D. Its length will let it down. With a track length of around 700ft it isn`t that long, take off around 120 ft for load/unload and you`re left with something around 580ft of ride - compared to say the HMs 960ft.

Looking at the building that is rising at DCA, this makes total sense. I wondered about the ride length. So it won't be world changing. Doesn't mean it won't be good.

Tigerace81

Why are some of you being so negative? What are we losing? Nothing. What are we gaining? A greatly expanded FL that needed it really bad.

So what if it only adds one ride, this sets up the possibility of future rides in the land. This is exactly what FL needs right now. Toontown was fun but it just didn't have anything besides the barnstormer, which I can get my customary head bashing Vekoma ride at just about any park, so it really wasn't anything special. The space being re-used in FL for FLE was a pretty much a playground and unused land.

So we really aren't losing anything. This can only be good for FL. It cant be bad unless WDI actually tries to make it horrible because we aren't really losing anything. Stop being so negative about it if your not going to think about the future possibilities to add rides this section has and how great it will be for the park.

MonsterManX

I automatically thought of the game Dead Space, you go up to a spacecraft where you are the last alive and everyone has been taken over and turned into messed up creatures that haunt and scare you.

They could do this by using something similar to an omnivor ride system. They do it slowly so that suspense really builds. Even if it's a childish theme. Like a Toy Story Spaceship gone wrong. Got it, Sid's Spaceship!

Haha it's funny that you mention that because Dead Space is one of my favorite games.

But seriously kids AND adults would eat that up. An exciting dark ride with aliens and Buzz? Hell I'd be sold.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom