Anyone else disappointed...that they expand FANTASYLAND?

mickey2008.1

REASON. i like the current FL with its current offerings, so how does the new FLE make the current one better? The FLE is an expansion, which i have to go out of the usual way to get to for meet n greets, no new attractions. Little mermaid will be at the end of the old FL, no?

Lee

Adventurer
One issue I see with it is over the little mermaid ride. From what I understand, it will be this amazingly themed E ticket based off a movie with moving AAs and a wonderfully themed que, then you have Snow White, Pooh, and Peter Pan also based off of their movies with no themed lines and the old school dark ride figures that will look cheap in comparison. I know these rides been there for years, but when comparing it to the new LM ride, they will seem kinda cheap.
No.
Mermaid is not an E.
It is short, only about 6 show scenes (1 big and 5 small), and will have AAs that are better than PP/SW, but not A100s like Capt. Jack or Robobama.

Nice queue. Cool setting. Disappointing ride. A nice little D-Ticket....if that.

It'll fit right in.:rolleyes:

the-reason14

No.
Mermaid is not an E.
It is short, only about 6 show scenes (1 big and 5 small), and will have AAs that are better than PP/SW, but not A100s like Capt. Jack or Robobama.

Nice queue. Cool setting. Disappointing ride. A nice little D-Ticket....if that.

Really? Wow, I thought it was supposed to be this amazingly themed ride.

the-reason14

REASON. i like the current FL with its current offerings, so how does the new FLE make the current one better? The FLE is an expansion, which i have to go out of the usual way to get to for meet n greets, no new attractions. Little mermaid will be at the end of the old FL, no?

Because it gives people more options and maybe lessen the wait times on rides/shows that are currently there. How does an "expansion" make a land worse? It should be nicer to look at too, with better landscaping and theming. So dont just "be happy" about it, but at least try to think of it as possibly the beginning of a better MK.

Enchantâmes

No.
Mermaid is not an E.

How the Hell do you know? The ride is not anywhere near enclosed in California and no where near telling what is what yet. I say wait and see before you make cynical judgments. Jesus Christ what is it with people nowadays? :veryconfu

Mermaid is a solid E until there is real evidence that it is otherwise.

RSoxNo1

Am i the only one who wants WDI to build a fifth Park with in the next ten years?!? with this expansion it looks less and less likely ):

Disney's California Adventure was deemed a failure, and even a half day park and it has more rides than Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom combined. WDI isn't responsible for building a new park in Florida, sure they would be in charge of creating some of the attractions for it, but in reality it's big wigs that would make those decisions. Simply put, I don't see it happening. There are too many other things that need to be addressed first. Like a Fantasyland level expansion to the Animal Kingdom, an E-Ticket in World Showcase and the Magic Kingdom (on top of the Fantasyland addition), and some dark C/D ticket dark rides at Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom (on top of the aforementioned expansion).

Now to those of you that say Disneyland does it better, you're correct in part. I've spent the last 5 days at Disneyland, and have been 3 of the last 4 years. From an attraction standpoint, the cram a lot into a tiny space. The two Disneyland parks match up pretty favorably to Disney World on strictly an Attraction stand point, with the only notable omissions from Disneyland being World Showcase, Future World East, and the live animal based attractions in Animal Kingdom.

The problems at Disneyland are crowd management. Most of the queues are unthemed, and are merely roped off switch backs that spill into the already narrow pathways. Viewing fireworks on main street is tough, and Fantasmic is also a poor set up. The biggest advantage in Disney World is the space they have available, yet TDO seems too cheap to take advantage.

the-reason14

How the Hell do you know? The ride is not anywhere near enclosed in California and no where near telling what is what yet. I say wait and see before you make cynical judgments. Jesus Christ what is it with people nowadays? :veryconfu

I think he's an imagineer or someone who has a lot of inside information so I think he may have a better idea than some of us, but I may be wrong about that.

dxwwf3

No.
Mermaid is not an E.

6 show scenes? Seriously. And no A100's? Wow, I wasn't looking forward to this very much anyways, but now I have zero excitement about it.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Lee, Martin and Raven all have solid information, more on the money than not.

And let's also remember this is a family forum. Keep the swearing out of your posts.

njDizFan

I am in the pro FLE camp. I like the idea of a fully immersive experience full of folliage and water. If I was in it just for the rides I would go to great adventure. I can't wait to just stroll through and see the characters of some of Disney's greatest movies.

Of course more rides are great and I wish they had an unlimited budget to fix all the wrongs but I will take FLE as a nice expansion with a D-ticket dark ride.

BTW, as some have argued, I will take the d-ticket EE(yetiless),TSMM,RnRC over some major e-tickets(AA,HoP).

Lee

Adventurer

*sigh*:rolleyes:
Evidence: I have spoken to people involved in it's design. I have seen the layout.
Unless your definition of an E is Pooh.....:shrug:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Mermaid is a D. If the visuals and AAs are impressive it`ll be a solid D. Its length will let it down. With a track length of around 700ft it isn`t that long, take off around 120 ft for load/unload and you`re left with something around 580ft of ride - compared to say the HMs 960ft.

mp2bill

I too am a little dissapointed that they are not including anything to do with villains. I feel like the EF would be a perfect place for a villain ride, but from everything I've read, it seems like it's going to be an immersive meet and greet with the princesses. Sounds good for little girls, but being a 28 year man, I don't think I'll be visiting these storytelling meet and greets more than once.

CitizenRob

Nice and clean....
Star_Jets_at_TDL.jpg

I know I am reaching, but a dream is a dream. Take it for what it is.

Really? Looks like an indoor parking lot with a cheap rocket tossed on top.

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
Am i the only one who wants WDI to build a fifth Park with in the next ten years?!? with this expansion it looks less and less likely ):

I don't know if you are the only one but at least I believe that a lot here think different, including me. Excuse me but do you really believe it would be a good idea to open a fifth park when you still have at least two that are badly in need of a lot of improvements? DAK and EPCOT definitely need both much more attractions, DAK is considered even only a half-day-park by many visitors and I won't begin again what is wrong with EPCOT. And in MK TL and AL need some additions too, its not done with building only the FLE.

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
Mermaid is a D. If the visuals and AAs are impressive it`ll be a solid D. Its length will let it down. With a track length of around 700ft it isn`t that long, take off around 120 ft for load/unload and you`re left with something around 580ft of ride - compared to say the HMs 960ft.

Now that is really shocking news. I expected at least we get a new E-Ticket with the FLE and now that? So we get the worlds greatest meet and greet, some restaurants, a second Dumbo ride and a D-Ticket-ride. Perhaps this is good news for parents with small children, especially girls. But as long as I am without children I feel so underwhelmed.

cheezbat

While it is nice to see an addition of any sort to the Magic Kingdom, it does indeed sadden me to know that the park has not recieved an E-ticket attraction since Splash Mountain back in 1992. 18 years? Seriously? How much longer do we have to wait? The Magic Kingdom is the most attended theme park in the WORLD...and the parks here in Florida are also the most expensive Disney parks on the planet as well. They have the money. Why not appease us fans who have been waiting for a new E-ticket for all of these years?

Bork Bork

A-B-C-D-E...whatever! I'm am just geeked that my family and I will be able to immerse ourselves in these classic stories the Walt intended. We are so excited for the FL expansion, whether Mermaid is a D or an E.

I'll probably spend an hour just staring at Prince Eric's castle rather than riding Mermaid over and over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom