Anyone else disappointed...that they expand FANTASYLAND?

It is.
The only drawback I know of is that it makes it hard for non-kid folks like my wife and I. Last year she decided she wanted a photo with Mickey since it had been years since we got one. It was no longer a matter of just finding him and waiting her turn for about 5min. One look at the line.....nope....no thanks.

I do try to be reasonable. It's often hard to put personal likes/dislikes aside and look at an issue like this from a neutral standpoint. I can be neutral, but I still fall on the side of opposing the current FLE plan.
What is in the plans doesnt always happen, remember that. Just look in the past the promised a Spaceship Earth rehab and look at the results, touch screens, and an unfinished descent. They promised Beastly Kingdom in the Animal Kingdom plans back around 1996 early 1997. Did it happen no. I have learned not to trust anything said in the plans until is all said and done. Just like when Sunset Blvd was said to get ________ Tracy's crime stoppers, Runaway bus ride, and Toontown Trolley. That didnt happen along with many other proposals in the past because of budget cuts.

Lee

Adventurer
What is in the plans doesnt always happen, remember that. Just look in the past the promised a Spaceship Earth rehab and look at the results, touch screens, and an unfinished descent. They promised Beastly Kingdom in the Animal Kingdom plans back around 1996 early 1997. Did it happen no. I have learned not to trust anything said in the plans until is all said and done. Just like when Sunset Blvd was said to get ________ Tracy's crime stoppers, Runaway bus ride, and Toontown Trolley. That didnt happen along with many other proposals in the past because of budget cuts.

Ummm....not sure I get your point....:shrug:

Ummm....not sure I get your point....:shrug:
My point is that dont always believe what is drawn out in the blueprints until construction is finished. A lot of plans have been said to happen in the past and the finished product was very different from what was originally on the blueprints.

Lee

Adventurer
My point is that dont always believe what is drawn out in the blueprints until construction is finished. A lot of plans have been said to happen in the past and the finished product was very different from what was originally on the blueprints.
Oh, I am quite aware of that.:lol:

lebeau

It is.
The only drawback I know of is that it makes it hard for non-kid folks like my wife and I. Last year she decided she wanted a photo with Mickey since it had been years since we got one. It was no longer a matter of just finding him and waiting her turn for about 5min. One look at the line.....nope....no thanks.

It's a trade-off to be sure. I miss the days of wandering characters. It was exciting to be surprised. And there weren't long waits.

But I also admire the efficiency of having the characters nailed down in one place. Even if it does mean losing the surprise and waiting in a long line. At least if your kid has his/her heart set on meeting a certain character you know where to go and don't have to worry about a melt-down if the hoped-for character doesn't materialize.

The "enhanced" M&Gs seems like the next evolution of this movement. You know where to find the characters. But instead of waiting in an unthemed queue, your kids will be entertained while they wait. I expect this to be immensely popular. And I imagine it will eventually be duplicated in the other parks.

(I know, just what you wanted to hear.)

lebeau

The meet and greets could end up being cut from the expansion in the long run. They are pointless and it wouldnt be a huge loss if they werent part of the plans anymore.

I think you are misunderstanding the point of the FLe if you think the M&Gs are pointless.

I'll bet a dozen donuts they are not cut.

Evil Genius

But I wish it was leaving. Its a vekoma. Enough said haha.

The Barnstomer (or whatever it is to be called in its new incarnation) is a fantastic starter coaster four the younger set. It has just enough in terms of exciting thrill elements without overwhelming little ones and is the perfect length as well.

It's because of the Barnstormer that my two little girls now love coasters!

misterID

I actually think you're in the minority here. I think if there were a bunch of girl-friendly princess themed rides, the same folks would still be on here complaining (except for you and like-minded individuals).

I do think the M&Gs are necessary. There's a demand for them. They could trim the cost somewhat I imagine and put in another ride. But I'm interested to see what these enhanced M&Gs are like. I imagine it will be a popular experience without the current pains of standing in long lines staring at unthemed corridors.

On the upside, there will be room in FLE for more princess-themed rides to be added when and if Disney loosens the purse strings a bit.

I don't think he's in the minority. Basically all of FL is a kiddy section filled with kiddy rides, yet they still appeal to everyone. LM will be popular because its an attraction, and I'm sure in Disney style, will appeal to everyone... For the most part :D

But M&G's are not attractions. They just aren't.

Again, the M&G's wouldn't be an issue if they would have stuck with the original plan by adding the other attractions :shrug:

Personally, I don't see any rides coming to FL, princess or otherwise, for a very, very long time after the expansion is complete.

lebeau

Personally, I don't see any rides coming to FL, princess or otherwise, for a very, very long time after the expansion is complete.

I agree.

In general, I wish Disney was adding more to WDW faster. In a way, I think that is at the heart of the FLE frustration. There are just so many things Disney should be doing.

I guess any time anything gets announced, someone else is bound to be disappointed that thei pet project or cause got bumped in line.

herc

I think that the FLE is a great "Starter" plan for the area. When you compare DL FL to WDW FL there are huge differences. There is so much more detail at Disneyland.
I'm hoping that each of the areas will one day get a real attraction and not just a M&G. M&Gs can always get moved to other areas. They can always be A, B, or C type attractions. I don't care. Just make some. Once the entire FLE is completed, hopefully the suits that control the cash (hey get out in the parks once in a while and see what is needed) will greenlight future attractions. Other than TLM attraction and Dumbo Squared, there isn't any new attractions. Take ideas from other parks. Paris has the Old Mill Bucket-type Ferris Wheel. That's a good B attraction. What about an Alice or Pinoke type dark ride from DL? They are solid C attractions. Pixie Hollow can certainly do something like the Francis Ladybug ride at both DL and Paris. Something, even small attractions/rides would good.
One observation from a recent photo on here. Next to the Pooh attraction is Mrs. Potts. They just renovated it with a thatched roof. I wonder what that location will be renamed to since this location is not near the "BATB" area. Anyone have any ideas?

I think that the FLE is a great "Starter" plan for the area. When you compare DL FL to WDW FL there are huge differences. There is so much more detail at Disneyland.
I'm hoping that each of the areas will one day get a real attraction and not just a M&G. M&Gs can always get moved to other areas. They can always be A, B, or C type attractions. I don't care. Just make some. Once the entire FLE is completed, hopefully the suits that control the cash (hey get out in the parks once in a while and see what is needed) will greenlight future attractions. Other than TLM attraction and Dumbo Squared, there isn't any new attractions. Take ideas from other parks. Paris has the Old Mill Bucket-type Ferris Wheel. That's a good B attraction. What about an Alice or Pinoke type dark ride from DL? They are solid C attractions. Pixie Hollow can certainly do something like the Francis Ladybug ride at both DL and Paris. Something, even small attractions/rides would good.
One observation from a recent photo on here. Next to the Pooh attraction is Mrs. Potts. They just renovated it with a thatched roof. I wonder what that location will be renamed to since this location is not near the "BATB" area. Anyone have any ideas?
It seems that everyone forgot about Barnstormer which is getting refurbed to Clown Alley with state of the art effects and animatronics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom