Anyone dislike the volggers content?

RoyalFool

I remember when Tim Tracker did the slinky dog dash review and he said something along of lines of "you have to do this again at night" - like dude, the rides going to have a 3 hour queue when it opens to the public, there is no way I'm going to be able to ride it twice in a day, and I really doubt he'd be raving about needing to ride it twice if he had to queue 6 hours to do so, he was just walking straight on it at a press day.

That was the straw that made me unsubscribe, it's like they've forgotten how the park is for regular folk and are showing off an experience we can never have; I don't want to watch someone that's just going to make me jealous and feel like crap, I want to watch something I can look forward to doing myself.

Woo gets it, I don't recall him ever accepting any sort of perk or special treatment outside of the usual annual pass perks.

The_Jobu

Just another vlogger of the week who wanted more exposure for her channel.

She’s with the Expedition Theme Park guy now who puts out way more interesting content. Talk about a long distance relationship though. He’s in the UK.

Probably a lot easier when he used to live in Toronto

M:SpilotISTC12

It just seems like it would be difficult to have a vlogger to vlogger relationship, at least a long-lasting one. For starters. they'd have to look away from the inward-facing camera or phone from time to time, and after getting romantic, it'd be awkward asking their partner to "ring that notification bell" if they liked what they saw...
They smash the like button for the YouTube algorithm. 😉

RScottyL

Used to like Tim Tracker. Still watch from time to time. But he's morphed into Mr. Rogers. Happy that he's got a kid and all. But it seems the wife and the kid have taken over the channel. Good for him I guess. At least he still has a "guest" spot.

I agree! Some channels have started to vary from their original content that it started with.

In Tim's example, he needs to create a separate channel for his family stuff with his wife and kid, but keep his original channel with stuff he started out with.

RScottyL

Is it at the level of ringing the bell and selecting all, or is it still just personalized.

Yeah, I get SO TIRED of hearing YT'ers say that, but I know most do it and don't complain to them.

They should know that most people that watch YT will know how to like and subscribe, especially if they watch a lot of it!

RScottyL

I’m paying YouTube several times more than $2 per 1000 completed commercial views, and Tim Tracker has enough viewers to have the unskippable commercials. So if they’re paying him $2/M that is after they’ve taken a massive cut.

I watch YT on my computer, instead of my phone, and I have an ad blocker program installed on my browser so it skips any ads that would be played on YT!

RScottyL

It's certainly possible, maybe off of merchandise or a website they run?

I'm just saying the data on what someone can make on YouTube is out there. It is very categorized and the category of theme park blogger doesn't pay well. In fact I believe these vloggers would fall into personality or documentary which is one of the lowest earning categories on YouTube.

Yeah, most YT'ers have a side business where they will sell their merchandise with their channel logo or something.

They will also have it where you can "donate" to them for their content!

RScottyL

I work from home, with my little ones. So it's not so bad.

But like I said, different strokes for different folks.

I also did some more digging. It's nearly impossible to figure out what someone is making on YouTube. That three or four dollars per 1,000 views seems to be if the person watches the entire ad. Then there's engagement rate which also effects the payout and engagement rate has a lot of different stats that comprise it. If I had to take a guest based on what I know I would think they're pulling in somewhere between $100k to $250,000 per year.
You can do a search, but yeah, hard to know exactly what they make.

I just did one for the highest paid stars of YT for 2020:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maddie...t-paid-youtube-stars-of-2020/?sh=52764f286e50

#10 | Jeffree Star

Earnings: $15 million

Total Views (from June 2019 to June 2020): 600 million

Total Subscribers: 16.9 million

and

#1 | Ryan Kaji

Earnings: $29.5 million

Views: 12.2 billion

Subscribers: 41.7 million

The nine-year-old star is flying high—literally. This November he became the first YouTuber featured in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade with a float based on his superhero alter ego. It was a marketing ploy as much as it was a thrilling moment for the kids who tune into Kaji’s videos of DIY science experiments, family storytime and reviews of new toys. That’s just the start: The bulk of his business comes from licensing deals for more than 5,000 Ryan’s World products—everything from bedroom decor and action figures to masks and walkie talkies.

Giss Neric

Anyone here watches Michael and Dave Kay. They started out okay but they are weirding me out now.

Also, I noticed a couple of Florida vloggers went to Disneyland recently. Coincidence or a Disney media trip. I don't see any special thing going on there.

castlecake2.0

Just coming back to say I can’t stand Kyle Pallo. Also Michael Kaye did a vlog from citricos last night and I almost threw LY soup at him. Dont these people realize that others are trying to enjoy their experience without their loud obnoxious commentary interrupting it .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom