Anyone dislike the volggers content?

cjack300zx

I wonder how many of the park vloggers got Covid? I know of two that did get it that I watch, not trying to make a big deal out of it just curious

dolbyman

Tim Tracker said before the mask mandate was lifted, that both (him and wife) are fully vaccinated...before he was (not eating on camera at least) always masked and stayed away from indoor places

Besides the occasional ResortTV1 stream (muted most of the time, as the comments and ads are annoying) I dont watch any "Disney vloggers" with park videos since Covid started, so no clue if any of them got it.

Last edited:

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Anyone here watches Michael and Dave Kay. They started out okay but they are weirding me out now.

Also, I noticed a couple of Florida vloggers went to Disneyland recently. Coincidence or a Disney media trip. I don't see any special thing going on there.
66th Anniversary?

Magenta Panther

My faves are still Shawn and Charlotte from Theme Parks Worldwide. Especially when Shawn gets Charlotte on a water ride. She freaks out when she gets wet. It's all a put-on, but it's hilarious. And nobody reviews places like Efteling and Phantasialand better. I've watched those over and over. (And I have to admit I love British accents. I'm too ignorant about the subject to pinpoint what dialect Shawn and Charlotte are using. But I love it).

And I'll always be grateful to The Carpetbagger for introducing me to Meow Wolf. Happily, Meow Wolf, which started with a bunch of marginalized, frustrated artists, is now a multi-million-dollar business. Rumor has it that it's going to build an immersive hotel next to its latest art installation. I'd stay in a Meow Wolf hotel over any hotel at a Disney park any day!

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I've enjoyed a lot of the AllEars videos, particularly the challenge and showdown videos that have stuff like "point out your three favorite windows on Main Street and tell us about them" or "find a tribute to the attraction that preceded Mission Space" or "find Steamboat Willie in Magic Kingdom." It's a more fun way to approach the parks than seeing yet another review of a cupcake (which they also do).

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Does she do **** also?
Some of her twitter posts imply that, IMO.
Not really a Disney type person...
Huh.
ETA, I did not realize that the word **** was not allowed here, sorry but my observation remains.
She is definately the downside of some social media. 😏
What word did you try to say?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

My faves are still Shawn and Charlotte from Theme Parks Worldwide. Especially when Shawn gets Charlotte on a water ride. She freaks out when she gets wet. It's all a put-on, but it's hilarious. And nobody reviews places like Efteling and Phantasialand better. I've watched those over and over. (And I have to admit I love British accents. I'm too ignorant about the subject to pinpoint what dialect Shawn and Charlotte are using. But I love it).

And I'll always be grateful to The Carpetbagger for introducing me to Meow Wolf. Happily, Meow Wolf, which started with a bunch of marginalized, frustrated artists, is now a multi-million-dollar business. Rumor has it that it's going to build an immersive hotel next to its latest art installation. I'd stay in a Meow Wolf hotel over any hotel at a Disney park any day!
Theme park worldwide are not so much vloggers but more theme park enthusiasts/ theme park documentarians and go all over the world .They are pure class and not con men. They are passionate, informative and very entertaining. They are on a different level than someone like Freshbaked,Adam the woo, justin scareed etc.

Prince John

If they're conning anyone, it is Disney, for profiteering off of the company's product. But Disney is obviously OK with this due to the publicity it receives. They are not pulling cons on viewers who donate during live streams or to attached Patreon accounts, as such actions are done by choice of the viewer. If someone is stupid enough to fork over money to ResortTV1 to walk around MK on a weeknight, then turn around and complain that hard working CMs need to get a "real job", that insanity is on them, not the ones doing the vlog. The vloggers are just using a system set up for them by YouTube to make their success possible.

If the world gives you lemons, make lemonade.
If the world allows you to stroll into someone else's property and film their lemons for profit while watchers donate to you, then go for it.

jonnyc

I enjoyed a channel called Theme Park History, similar concept to Expedition Theme Park, looking at the history of attractions. They've not posted anything for a while though.

As a 'bigger' guest, I've found Theme Park Express and Parks in Your Pocket really helpful (more on the Universal side but with FOP as well), they give a great in depth look at the test seats.

castlecake2.0

If they're conning anyone, it is Disney, for profiteering off of the company's product. But Disney is obviously OK with this due to the publicity it receives. They are not pulling cons on viewers who donate during live streams or to attached Patreon accounts, as such actions are done by choice of the viewer. If someone is stupid enough to fork over money to ResortTV1 to walk around MK on a weeknight, then turn around and complain that hard working CMs need to get a "real job", that insanity is on them, not the ones doing the vlog. The vloggers are just using a system set up for them by YouTube to make their success possible.

If the world gives you lemons, make lemonade.
If the world allows you to stroll into someone else's property and film their lemons for profit while watchers donate to you, then go for it.
That’s why I always laughs when the Disney vloggers call themselves “content creators” while they buy a ticket to visit someone else’s created content. It’s like burning a CD and calling yourself a record producer.

Robbiem

I enjoyed a channel called Theme Park History, similar concept to Expedition Theme Park, looking at the history of attractions. They've not posted anything for a while though.

I agree. I like the youtubers who take the effort to research and make a documentary style video. Im not really interested in the video diary type channels

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
There was one that I started watching over the last few weeks and then stopped because of how he presents himself. Barely rides any of the rides and one stream, a guy told him he didnt wanna be on camera, the streamer went "lol you arent on cam, man" and then proceeded to point his phone at him. Goes by the name of
Tom Does Disney
. Not a fan at all.
google his recent arrest record.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I joined these forums back in 2001, I've never really contributed that much until recently and only really read for information. I just have to say how happy I am that this place is still going after all this time and hasn't lost any of its charm etc. Just a generally great site/forum to be on!
That is awesome to hear, glad you are still around 20 years later!

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
there is nothing more annoying than a streamer in the park distracting from everything because they're talking to their stream vs shutting up and filming.

I had the "pleasure" of being sat next to "that crazy disney lady" at Boathouse a few months ago and she YAPPED to her stream the entire night. We were there for the piano players and I was SO distracted by her yapping I couldn't hear them. It was the worst experience ever.

Gringrinngghost

Fun fact from the content creator world... I know of two streamers. Both north of 40,000 subscribers. From what an online tracker has said, they have both combined cleared over $200,000. Which after youtube's 30% take comes to $140,000.

The Trackers have cleared nearly 20K, same goes with the site that shall not be named, "that crazy disney lady" is just shy of 17 grand as of time of this posting.

Hell there is even a channel with 11 thousand subs with 13 and a half grand in superchats.

For the love of Christ, people use that money on Disney, then you won't complain how you can't afford it..

Sincerely, this content creator with 18K subs and a mouth watering $28 in superchats,

Last edited:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
AdamTheWoo: I'm going back to California after a few months in Orlando and I WONT be going to Disneyland just yet

*proceeds to walk by Disneyland as soon as he lands in CA*

*2 or 3 weeks later*

AdamTheWoo: Adamthewoo here, back at DISNEYLAND.

I'm facepalming. Be consistent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom