Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

katarn112

Me, I'm not sure why people are freaking out and threatening to cancel their vacation over Test Track's refurb. I mean, the majority of the time I've visited Epcot, I wasn't able to do Test Track because it ended up breaking down. We're talking about a ride that has the worst track record when it comes to breaking down. If the refurb does anything to cut down on the tendency to break down, I'm all for it.

I would have totally postponed my trip a week so only 1 headliner would be down (we're leaving the day before BTMRR is scheduled to reopen), but now that it sounds like it's behind schedule, it's really a moot point for my trip.

phi2134

I can see both sides on this topic, I think what Disney has to do in the end is to pick from one of the two evils. Either announce that the ride is closing way in advance, or announce that it is closing with very little notice. Eventually you will ________ people off one way or the other due to unforeseen circumstances.

If Disney announces the closure really early on in the process, people will plan their vacations to be there earlier or later than the closing. But due to other projects running behind or things that are beyond Disney's control, this date may shift and mess with peoples planned vacations.

If announces the closure really late in the process right before it closes, it will disappoint the people who have their vacations scheduled for that time.

For the best interest of the business, I think it is better for Disney to wait until closer the closure date to announce this. And yes this will make people mad in the end, but as a business decision and with the fact that you will always make someone unhappy, I think they are doing the right thing.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
It's not that... it's that they knew.... they didn't want to let anyone know. It STILL isn't on their operational updates. Disney requires significant planning for everything (reservations for lunch, even reservations for their resorts) it's not like you can plan this last minute. Some people might have booked a different trip knowing that two major rides are down and with that, two other rides will be significantly inpacted. I know someone who is going on her first trip next week... she has no idea it's closed. I'm sure many are in that boat. I do think that when they KNOW it's going to be down, they should let people know so they can plan accordingly. I had dining reservations for the 17th because it was early morning at Epcot. I'm not going there anymore. Do you think it's possible to get dining somewhere else at this point? No... it's not. It just shows a lack of consideration.

This is not the case. There is no grand conspiracy.

Annielkd

I disagree completely. If they have posted work to work elsewhere... then they are sure. Why isn't it still on their calendar? Finding out this was isn't good.

Tink Fan

I can see both sides on this topic, I think what Disney has to do in the end is to pick from one of the two evils. Either announce that the ride is closing way in advance, or announce that it is closing with very little notice. Eventually you will ________ people off one way or the other due to unforeseen circumstances.

If Disney announces the closure really early on in the process, people will plan their vacations to be there earlier or later than the closing. But due to other projects running behind or things that are beyond Disney's control, this date may shift and mess with peoples planned vacations.

If announces the closure really late in the process right before it closes, it will disappoint the people who have their vacations scheduled for that time.

For the best interest of the business, I think it is better for Disney to wait until closer the closure date to announce this. And yes this will make people mad in the end, but as a business decision and with the fact that you will always make someone unhappy, I think they are doing the right thing.

This is missing the point. It isn't about them now making a decision about the best way to inform the public of a closure. It's that they already have a well-established and (up until now) reliable way of informing the guests of closures. They've always done it well in advance on the operational calendar.

So to suddenly completely skip that step makes no sense and has caused a lot of wasted time and energy, and is now causing resentment. I'm not one to get upset about ride refurbishments. One ride isn't that big a deal. But I absolutely AM upset about the fact that they still haven't announced this closure. One week out. They even removed the press release that was the only official signpost pointing (vaguely) to an April date!

It shows such a lack of respect for the guests and it goes completely against everything I've always known Disney to be. It's really disappointing.

phi2134

This is missing the point. It isn't about them now making a decision about the best way to inform the public of a closure. It's that they already have a well-established and (up until now) reliable way of informing the guests of closures. They've always done it well in advance on the web site's operational calendar.

So to suddenly completely skip that step makes no sense and has caused a lot of wasted time and energy, and is now causing resentment. I'm not one to get upset about ride refurbishments. One ride isn't that big a deal. But I absolutely AM upset about the fact that they still haven't announced this closure. One week out. They even removed the press release that was the only official signpost pointing (vaguely) to an April date!

It shows such a lack of respect for the guests and it goes completely against everything I've always known Disney to be. It's really disappointing.

I guess we will have to wait for the 16th and see if the closure date is actually true, or if there is some motive behind removing all this info.

Annielkd

I guess we will have to wait for the 16th and see if the closure date is actually true, or if there is some motive behind removing all this info.

I keep hoping that the person who posted that the CM's from Test track were assigned elsewhere was somehow wrong. I can't believe they don't have the update posted.

GLaDOS

Schedules for that week starting the 15th have come out today and it has been announced to us in Operations that the building will be locked down starting on the 16th, so yes, its finally official that April 15th will be the last day.

For the next month, especially in the first week, take pity to those in Guest Relations and the CMs that will be outside telling guests its closed.

WWIII is about to break out.

I'm actually hoping it's wrong. I really don't know. I posted a new thread on it. Hopefully, I will find out :)

You already got your answer in the post above.

DaveCummings

I would have totally postponed my trip a week so only 1 headliner would be down (we're leaving the day before BTMRR is scheduled to reopen), but now that it sounds like it's behind schedule, it's really a moot point for my trip.

granted, it's not a big deal to me, because 3/4 of the time I try to ride Test Track, it's either broken down, or they have a ridiculous long line and the Fastpasses are all gone. And as for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, I loved that coaster when I was younger. Now...not so much. It's probably the waiting area more than anything else. When I usually go, it's in the summer, so the line is like waiting in a big hotbox. So, it's not worth the wait.

Captain Chaos

I'm actually hoping it's wrong. I really don't know. I posted a new thread on it. Hopefully, I will find out :)

So you think a CM who works at Test Track, received his or her schedule, and has been informed by their management could possibly be wrong about their schedule and where they are supposed to work come April 16???

You remind me of a member on another board who put his/her fingers in his ears, screamed LALALALALALALALALA I DON'T WANT TO HEAR WHAT I AM BEING TOLD, and not comprehending anything...

It is closing April 16... Deal with it, get over it, and move on....

RSoxNo1

The fact that a major attraction is down for refurbishment shouldn't be reason for cancelling a vacation, but Disney should at least give guests that option. With the Test Track refurbishment, it isn't publicized on their website. It's stuff like this that leads me to think that the next gen implemenation is going to be incredibly problematic. If they can't get information right on their own site because different departments don't talk to one another, what confidence should we have that they can get a park schedule, ride schedule, and dining all to be consistent with one another for an ultimate planning device?

The other problem here is that other Disney resorts that have frequent refurbs (Tokyo and Disneyland) have deeper attraction lineups to make up for the downtime. Splash and Thunder should have both gone down for refurb at the beginning of this year, but they "couldn't" because the attraction lineup at the Magic Kingdom isn't deep enough to absorb the downtime on two major attractions. The same can be said about a Yeti fix on Expedition Everest.

Slipknot

I keep hoping that the person who posted that the CM's from Test track were assigned elsewhere was somehow wrong. I can't believe they don't have the update posted.

Granted he hasn't worked there long (a few months now) but he is correct.

They've been training CMs who only worked Test Track at other attractions in Future World East for a while now.

Annielkd

A while ago, there were a ton of people saying that they would say something when they got their assignments on Sunday... and only one person is saying anything? I dont know... I'm skeptical.

GLaDOS

A while ago, there were a ton of people saying that they would say something when they got their assignments on Sunday... and only one person is saying anything? I dont know... I'm skeptical.

You're right. That poster was lying just to mess with you.:rolleyes:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It seems WEIRD that no one else is really confirming this. Wouldn't there be more saying it????

I'm sorry, but why is it weird? There's a limited number of CMs on this board, and only a small percentage of them would work at TT full-time. Again, rumors have been floating around since last fall about the refurb, and in January the Disney Parks Blog confirmed it would be going down. Perhaps they should have been more definite about the dates, but between Easter and Spring Break(s) they may have needed some flexibility where crowds were concerned.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

Possibly the reason that not a lot of people are talking about TT being down, is because, it is not a very big deal. :shrug: At least to most people.

Captain Chaos

It seems WEIRD that no one else is really confirming this. Wouldn't there be more saying it????

Clean your ears, wipe your eyes and READ... It's been out there since January.. Talked about ad nauseum for 3 or 4 months... Been confirmed by our insiders AND a Test Track CM, and you STILL refuse to believe it...

So, are you hear to troll or just have a problem comprehending???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom