Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

mickeymiss

Test Track might not be the most amazing ride at WDW but it's one of two great rides at Epcot. There's no good reason for Disney to hold off on announcing this. They should have AT LEAST posted it on their website. It's extremely weird that nothing concrete is being circulated. Closings are terribly inconvenient but I understand why they happen. I just don't understand why they wouldn't make this abundantly clear to their staff and future guests. It sounds like they've known about this renovation for a long time. Why couldn't they put a bulletin on their website about this way back then? It sounds like they had one and took it down. What is that???

:shrug:

Tink Fan

Yes they did. A spokesperson from Disney verified the closure date during a recent interview with the Orlando Sentinel.

I would hardly call it an "interview." My guess is that it was a call or e-mail to guest services. If it was an interview there would be more information, or at least a name.

misterID

This assumes a level of quality that I don't think is there in Test Track. I would edit your sentence thusly:

I love Epcot. But it's not realy a rider's paradise.

GLaDOS said:
Yea. If they had added instead of replaced, it would really be a perfect park today. Such a shame.

Yes, yes and yes. Great posts all around.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
If it does infact go down for refurb April 16th - what are the chances it will be up and running for Epcot's 30th Anniversary?

It'd be nice if the Park was in tip top shape for that...but then again that would involve a redo of JIT wouldn't it....:lookaroun

janoimagine

I would hardly call it an "interview." My guess is that it was a call or e-mail to guest services. If it was an interview there would be more information, or at least a name.

Go ahead and call guest services ... you'll spend an hour on the phone only to find out they are in the dark about it too.

Jason Garcia is a regular poster here on these forums, Im sure he could tell you exactly who it was that was interviewed, or commented, or whatever wording you choose to use on how they got their information.

We will just have to wait till 4/16/12 to know for sure.

phi2134

At Epcot we'll take what we can get. :shrug:

What I find interesting is what people actually think of the headline attractions at Disney World are. I would be pretty disappointed if TT was down when I went there, but I could honestly care less about Soarin' or even Toy Story Mania. I think everyone has their own taste and appreciates everything different about the Parks.

Even though the rides at Disney are amazing, I still think its the overall feeling in the park that does it for me. I could just walk the park for hours and be amazed and happy.

I hope for whatever time frame TT goes down for it is well worth the wait. But that being said, since Epcot doesnt have a big amount of rides, it definitely is a big hit to the park.

HenryMystic

If it does infact go down for refurb April 16th - what are the chances it will be up and running for Epcot's 30th Anniversary?

It'd be nice if the Park was in tip top shape for that...but then again that would involve a redo of JIT wouldn't it....:lookaroun

I think the time frame is 6 months, so it should be barring any delays.

Tink Fan

Go ahead and call guest services ... you'll spend an hour on the phone only to find out they are in the dark about it too.

Jason Garcia is a regular poster here on these forums, Im sure he could tell you exactly who it was that was interviewed, or commented, or whatever wording you choose to use on how they got their information.

Why would I want to call Guest Services? That would be a complete waste of time. I don't understand that suggestion.

It's not wording that I "choose." An interview is something specific - and would usually entail multiple questions being asked and answered, and the person who is interviewed being identified. Nothing about the three-sentence blurb in the Sentinel indicates that there was an interview involved.

Their information sounds exactly like the information everybody else in the world has - every bit of hearsay and speculation says April 16. Every legitimate source (Disney web site, calendar or named authority) doesn't.

ToTBellHop

Why would I want to call Guest Services? That would be a complete waste of time. I don't understand that suggestion.

It's not wording that I "choose." An interview is something specific - and would usually entail multiple questions being asked and answered, and the person who is interviewed being identified. Nothing about the three-sentence blurb in the Sentinel indicates that there was an interview involved.

Their information sounds exactly like the information everybody else in the world has - every bit of hearsay and speculation says April 16. Every legitimate source (Disney web site, calendar or named authority) doesn't.
You can deny all you want, but it will still close then.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Makes you wonder. It was a strange press release from the Orlando Sentinel, they are not "quoting" any particular person at Disney. Interesting.

I'll duck here....is it possible the authors of that article had one put over on them? It is dated April 1st????

t3techcom18

Exactly. I'm still not trusting of how they're having one tiny blurb in a variety article on property as official confirmation. That would be REALLY lazy of them to do that (then again, we ARE talking about TDO....:brick: )

Many of us in Operations agree that, regardless of that fact and what everyone in management/maintenance and now merch saying they have their last shipment in til the 15th...

April 16th is going to be a VERY interesting day, no matter what happens (and possibly a day to pity to those who work Guest Relations).

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
And come Easter Sunday the TT CMs should have their schedule for the following week. Scheduling should know now, cause they will have a great deal of CMs to be moving elsewhere.

janoimagine

Seriously? Let me help you connect the dots.

You mentioned that they (Orlando Sentinel) 'provably' called guest relations and were told of the closure date. My point is that guest relations are typically clueless as to the closure dates, therefore the information the OS received came from a more reliable source, as the media is much better connected than you or I.

Everything I have heard from my sources inside GM have said the refurb is a go, Chevy is thrilled about it, their new Ad Agency, Commonwealth, is currently working on creative to support it and that it will happen after the easter rush, and that barring any complications, it will be completed by 10/12.

;)

TP2000

Maybe during the construction of Radiator Springs Racers they have a bunch of new software and/or ride knowledge to add into the Test Track ride system?

Perhaps this rehab isn't just a cosmetic redo to bring the 1990's General Motors theme into a 2010-20's Chevrolet Volt theme, but it's also to update the ride software and systems? I would think they've learned a lot in the last 15 years, and learned a lot more in the last year with testing at Radiator Springs Racers. Now that Racers is wrapping up, maybe they'll ship the Imagineers that built Racers out to Florida to work on Test Track?

Radiator Springs Racers Final Testing, March 2012
IMG3694-L.jpg

Hey Imagineers, don't stop at the unload station, just keep driving east to Orlando! :lol:

wdw71fan

And come Easter Sunday the TT CMs should have their schedule for the following week. Scheduling should know now, cause they will have a great deal of CMs to be moving elsewhere.

Operations work schedules are released to CM's every 2 weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom