Any truth in this

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Good article but the gist is we still know very little about this virus post infection
Their point is that unless SARS-Cov-2 has figured out how to defeat normal human antibodies, it's unlikely that you can get reinfected unless there's a major mutation. Yes, this virus is mutating, but you're correct in that we don't know how that will affect those who have already recovered.

Nubs70

They won't open while distancing orders are in place.
Yes, while orders are in place. Once this thing does end and parks open, the distancing will remain in some form. Would you willfully cram yourself in the hub for fireworks? Cram yourself front to back in the line for Splash Mountain?

wdw71fan

Skyliner is the closest mode of mass Disney transportation to our current distancing guidelines:
Only those already sharing hotels or living together would ride in the same gondola.
So, logically, why would that not make the cut?

Because if nothing else, it goes places that may/may not be operational..

For what it's worth, looks like the plan is to have the Rat opening not long after reopening in hopes of pulling in guests.

Wendy Pleakley

Skyliner is the closest mode of mass Disney transportation to our current distancing guidelines:
Only those already sharing hotels or living together would ride in the same gondola.
So, logically, why would that not make the cut?

A bus could be sanitized between trips, if they take that approach.

HongKongFooy

How can Disney know who shares hotels and live together?. Guests will be lying just to get on.

I don't follow you here....

Why would anyone lie to ride?
If you're alone, you ride alone. If your group is 20 then you take 3 gondolas.
If you're a group of four you share the same gondola.

I'm not getting your concern.

Last edited:

BWDVCkidsince96

Reduced Hours, 9 - 5
Perhaps only a few resorts open
Temperature checks, hand sanitizer and masks (think of the marketing on the masks, mickey masks!)
Virtual line
One showing per week of a fireworks show.
Reduced food and beverage offering
no meet and greets, but there will be a parade.

one fireworks show per week would lead to one damn crowded fireworks show per week. they should do the opposite. increase the frequency of shows. expand hours. spread things out.

hopemax

I don't follow you here....

Why would anyone lie to ride?
If you're alone, you ride alone. If your group is 20 then you take 3 gondolas.
If you're a group of four you share the same gondola.

I'm not getting your concern.
Here's my normal WDW touring. My Dad lives there, I fly in from CO and stay with him. We meet up with our friend from WA who is staying onsite. Normally, when we board the gondola we are a party of 3. How many gondolas should we get?

peter11435

Here's my normal WDW touring. My Dad lives there, I fly in from CO and stay with him. We meet up with our friend from WA who is staying onsite. Normally, when we board the gondola we are a party of 3. How many gondolas should we get?
One. It’s very easy.

HongKongFooy

How many gondolas should we get?

In your case how about 1 or 2

You and your Dad already are staying together therefore obviously use same gondola....right?? As for meeting up with friend only you would know what would be appropriate since you would know how much close range interaction you'd have with that friend. If you're doing the 6 ft rule outside of gondola ride then might as well stay consistent and take different ones. But if there is a level of close interaction among all 3 of you then clearly jump in the same gondola. It wouldn't matter at that point, no?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom