Any truth in this

ImperfectPixie

Yes, thank you! My posts were about mousekeeping at resort rooms, specifically.

Thank you too, @Lilofan . I didn't know about outsourced cleaning personnel for other areas.

You learn something new every day in these forums. :)
Right? I had no idea it was only training and other parts of cleaning. I was under the impression that it included mousekeeping.

TrojanUSC

What I heard is, The only way anyone is even going to be able to get to the front gate of the parks, is by using Disney transportation only, all drive up gates and parking lots will be closed off, no one other than onsite park quests will be allowed on the Disney transports,

This is not a thing. What possible good would that do?

Wendy Pleakley

It would be something they do if they decide to limit attendance to resort guests only.

Not saying there's any truth to the rumour, but it's certainly possible.

Look at how many people crowded the parks for the closing night. When they re-open, I could totally see hordes of passholders flooding the parks to get their fix. From some of the comments I've seen on social media, there are people who are really overreacting to not being able to go to Disney, and it hasn't even been that long yet.

havoc315

not saying they will do this. But the logic is control. Gives them greater ability to screen guests. To control the rate at which people arrive at the parks. greater control over attendance levels.
In theory, you could even have a cast member scan bands on the bus, letting guests walk straight into the park without the need for a turnstile bottleneck.

TrojanUSC

It would be something they do if they decide to limit attendance to resort guests only.

Not saying there's any truth to the rumour, but it's certainly possible.

Look at how many people crowded the parks for the closing night. When they re-open, I could totally see hordes of passholders flooding the parks to get their fix. From some of the comments I've seen on social media, there are people who are really overreacting to not being able to go to Disney, and it hasn't even been that long yet.

People think “resort guests” are this elusive exclusive group but they’re not. WDW has 30,000 hotel rooms and there’s another 10K or so in “official” hotels that get the same benefits. With just these the parks would still seem like an average to slow day.

Plus you have to factor in APs who are exactly who Disney wants to be catering to now, since travel is not a necessity for many of them.

There is just no way to socially distance in the parks. Not going to happen. Virtual queue all you want, reduce the crowds but you’re still going to have a hundred people wait to load on whatever ride or stuck in a pre-show room.

The only thing people are likely to see are some more “visible” cleaning and a reduction in crowded environments, both of which are more for optics than anything else.

disney4life2008

That's incorrect. Outside companies for many years clean the resort interiors ( lobby, convention areas, restaurants, offices ) minus the guest rooms in the overnight hours.

Absolutely. If you are walking around the hotels at 4am, non Disney people are cleaning

Wendy Pleakley

People think “resort guests” are this elusive exclusive group but they’re not. WDW has 30,000 hotel rooms and there’s another 10K or so in “official” hotels that get the same benefits. With just these the parks would still seem like an average to slow day.

Plus you have to factor in APs who are exactly who Disney wants to be catering to now, since travel is not a necessity for many of them.

There is just no way to socially distance in the parks. Not going to happen. Virtual queue all you want, reduce the crowds but you’re still going to have a hundred people wait to load on whatever ride or stuck in a pre-show room.

The only thing people are likely to see are some more “visible” cleaning and a reduction in crowded environments, both of which are more for optics than anything else.

They could also limit the number of hotel rooms booking, if they go with a crowd control approach. Magic Kingdom alone has an average daily attendance of 52,000 people. Assuming 2-4 guests per room, even 90,000 hotel guests would represent lower than average crowds when spread over four theme parks.

True social distancing is all but impossible, no doubt about that, but smaller crowds in general could still be a goal.

Passholders supplement tourists, but I'm sure Disney wants the big dollars the out of town guests bring in.

TrojanUSC

They could also limit the number of hotel rooms booking, if they go with a crowd control approach. Magic Kingdom alone has an average daily attendance of 52,000 people. Assuming 2-4 guests per room, even 90,000 hotel guests would represent lower than average crowds when spread over four theme parks.

True social distancing is all but impossible, no doubt about that, but smaller crowds in general could still be a goal.

Passholders supplement tourists, but I'm sure Disney wants the big dollars the out of town guests bring in.

But since social distancing is impossible what then is the point besides optics? Cancelling a parade or fireworks makes some sense, given how much poor PR they got from HEA on the last night, but that's about it.

HauntedMansionFLA

1. How about staying closed till the CDC lifts the restrictions?

2. Open the park to on-site hotel guest that can walk to the walk or take another mode of transportation.

Example,
Magic Kingdom - Poly takes the ferry, Contemp. Walks and Grand FL takes the monorail.

Thelazer

Reduced Hours, 9 - 5
Perhaps only a few resorts open
Temperature checks, hand sanitizer and masks (think of the marketing on the masks, mickey masks!)
Virtual line
One showing per week of a fireworks show.
Reduced food and beverage offering
no meet and greets, but there will be a parade.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Is there any truth to the rumor that if and when WDW reopens, hopefully this summer yet, that it will only open for people with reservations staying on Disney resort property only, WDW will be trying to keep the crowds in the parks down, hopefully so there is some distancing between the people, and not reactivate the virus by close contact. Any truth here?
First thing to came to mind when people started batting around reopening strategy...but viabillity is an unknown.
Especially since to begin with they will be the bread and butter.
Is that the bread and butter? Locals, AP, and DVC? Is that where the bulk of the business comes from?
Looking at the Market place area in Galaxy's Edge.
Not exactly the best of designing went into that one though...not the best of ideas
If anything it should be opened initially and exclusively to us Florida Resident APs. 🤷‍♂️
Nope...not enough of you to bother to open.
You'd have a bunch of PO'd locals (and AP holders) if that were the case. They aren't exactly going to want to shut us out at that point.
Shut out...no...but make you book a room? Can’t rule it out.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Reduced Hours, 9 - 5
Perhaps only a few resorts open
Temperature checks, hand sanitizer and masks (think of the marketing on the masks, mickey masks!)
Virtual line
One showing per week of a fireworks show.
Reduced food and beverage offering
no meet and greets, but there will be a parade.
They’d lose money if they don’t bring back mass crowds.

I say this all the time...the profits are produced by mass numbers. Can’t restate that anymore. Having 25% capacity is a non-starter...likely so is 50%

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom