Any truth in this

jaklgreen

First of all, It wasn't me who initiated the toilet seats' conversation. Second, if you read my posts, you'd clearly see that I'm referring to mousekeeping at Resort Rooms, which btw, many agree, could be better.

Just because we're all concerned about this virus, doesn't mean that we shouldn't adress other forms of infectious deseases.

Lastly, all I can say about your "licking the seat" comment is: Charming.

I think that people are starting to get a bit hysterical about the situation. Nobody was concerned about how well the toilet seats where being disinfected, for any kind of infectious disease, before this. The best thing that everyone can do is to wash your hands often. Don't touch any food before you wash your hands. Don't touch your face after grabbing the rails, etc. But that puts the responsibility on individuals, and we know that the general public is lazy and don't want to take these steps otherwise they would have been doing them already like some of us do. And I am sorry if it came across as an attack to you. That was not my intention. I was just putting in my 2 cents on the situation.

BASS

I think that people are starting to get a bit hysterical about the situation. Nobody was concerned about how well the toilet seats where being disinfected, for any kind of infectious disease, before this. The best thing that everyone can do is to wash your hands often. Don't touch any food before you wash your hands. Don't touch your face after grabbing the rails, etc. But that puts the responsibility on individuals, and we know that the general public is lazy and don't want to take these steps otherwise they would have been doing them already like some of us do. And I am sorry if it came across as an attack to you. That was not my intention. I was just putting in my 2 cents on the situation.

I think you're kind of missing the point. There is science. And there is optics. I don't disagree with you, but many will perceive additional cleaning efforts as Disney's effort to prevent the spread and provide for a safe, hygienic experience. That will instill confidence-false or not-on many that either its safe to be at Disney or safe to go.

TrainsOfDisney

Well... the cleaner a place is the better still. If you hire more cm’s to wash / sanitize more surfaces it will cut down on germs being spread. If you put out sanitizer everywhere it will cut down on germs being spread.

And yes if the majority of people wash their hands more frequently that will cut down the germs too. So it all works together.

jaklgreen

I think you're kind of missing the point. There is science. And there is optics. I don't disagree with you, but many will perceive additional cleaning efforts as Disney's effort to prevent the spread and provide for a safe, hygienic experience. That will instill confidence-false or not-on many that either its safe to be at Disney or safe to go.

Oh I think that they will, at least for the short future, amp up their "disinfecting" procedures. But a person needs to be trained on how to do it properly. For example, at our local grocery store, they had employees "disinfecting" the cart and baskets that people use. But they were doing a half way job of it, just wiping down the top of the handle of the basket, for example, instead of the whole handle with the underside where your fingers go. The employee did not want to be doing that job and was just putting on a show. Then the customers get a false sense of security and think that they are safe. We need to just keep stressing for everyone to take the responsibility on themselves and wash your hands.

ls3015

Original Poster
Is there any truth to the rumor that if and when WDW reopens, hopefully this summer yet, that it will only open for people with reservations staying on Disney resort property only, WDW will be trying to keep the crowds in the parks down, hopefully so there is some distancing between the people, and not reactivate the virus by close contact. Any truth here?
This Post may not have been 100%, but for the time frame of it's posting, was pretty close to what i said, vacation club owners come first.

ls3015

Original Poster
What I heard is, The only way anyone is even going to be able to get to the front gate of the parks, is by using Disney transportation only, all drive up gates and parking lots will be closed off, no one other than onsite park quests will be allowed on the Disney transports,
Here it Is "Right Again", Only way to get to the gates is by Reservations only, including must have park tickets.

robhedin

Here it Is "Right Again", Only way to get to the gates is by Reservations only, including must have park tickets.
Say what? The TTC and Parking lots are going to be open, access is for anyone that has valid ticket media and a reservation for the day whether you're staying on property or not.

ls3015

Original Poster
The Truth here is, Disney At WDW will never be as before, the huge crowds going through the gates was crazy, the rides were being over run, prices were sky high on merchandise, hard to even stand and look at things in the shops with so many people, WDW was trying new ways to get guests on the rides, did anyone ever think why the wrist bands were being pushed so hard in the shops when Disney was giving them away to come to their parks. Now you know, Disney is no longer going to give them away, now you will have to buy them, they had that part already figured in, becoming a cashless no touch park. It had gotten to the point that guest were sleeping in the parking lots, just for a possibility to ride on a ride, with no guarantee, these tries were not working, all in all, visits to WDW, as before, will be gone forever, may be a good thing or a bad thing, time will tell, but one thing is for certain, with all the extra things that will be needed to keep people safe and free of a virus, the price cost of going to Disney will be going up, the winners here are the early buyers of vacation club. The new Reservation system will certainly have bugs at first. Disney will have it fingered out, maybe even build yet another park to get in more people. people brings money.

wdwfan22

It had gotten to the point that guest were sleeping in the parking lots, just for a possibility to ride on a ride, with no guarantee

Who was sleeping in the parking lot just for a chance to ride? People got up early for rope drop but nobody is camping out. I go at least 5 times a year and have NEVER not been able to ride an attraction. This includes Flight of Passage, 7 Dwarfs and so on. And I didn't sleep in my car or arrive at 3:30 in the morning to do so.

Wendy Pleakley

Who was sleeping in the parking lot just for a chance to ride? People got up early for rope drop but nobody is camping out. I go at least 5 times a year and have NEVER not been able to ride an attraction. This includes Flight of Passage, 7 Dwarfs and so on. And I didn't sleep in my car or arrive at 3:30 in the morning to do so.

I would assume they're talking about Rise of the Resistance, which one could only ride if in the park right at opening (and even then, still not a guarantee). The other rides you listed are still available via standby, albeit with some long wait times, especially for Flight of Passage.

Sleeping in the parking lot isn't a requirement, even for Rise.

peter11435

I remember when, before FP+, Haunted Mansion and Pirates were a walk ons ( for the most part )
Look, neither should have FP+ but neither have been walk ons since the early 2000’s. The lengthening lines at those attractions were caused by other factors before FP+ was even thought of.

zengoth

What factors?
For HM fast pass didn’t stop the policy of rushing folks through the preshow like cattle. (A moot point if reports from Tokyo are accurate). Omnimovers should, in theory, keep a line of any length moving. However we now take care of those who require accomodations and that can disrupt a flow. But at least everyone can enjoy themselves, so that’s a win.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom