Any news on The Tiki Room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This may be another reason why Iago's not coming back-

It might have helped Disneys decision to scrap Iago from the attraction.
Either way, Im glad it'll go back to the way it was. :D
The decision to change the Tiki room was made well before his ill advised tweets. Remember correlation does not equal causation. If Michael Richards could go on his n-bomb tirade and still remain in a Disney attraction it is pretty safe to say that Gilbert could survive a few stupid tweets.

NoChesterHester

Now all we have to do is wait for a mechanical fire in Journey into Imagination...

Something like a large electrical fire... Late after hours... No one injured kind of fire with lots of sprinkler damage.

Perhaps Nigel Channing can be eradicated completely from the pavilion.

I'm just using my imagination after all!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Well he should still be punished a little bit more... but the only punishment I can imagine to give him is to replace the 5 second Iago cartoon in Mickey's PhillharMagic with uhmmm... stitch on a rocket jet! :sohappy: That'll be a big insult to him...:lookaroun

I hope JIIWF buuuurrrrnnnnssss to the ground!!! :fork: and let's count that for Sounds Dangerous too...and Stitch's Great Escape...

It's hard to say whether JIIWF, SGE, or SD are the worst disney attractions.. very hard decision... :lookaroun

FigmentJedi

Problem with JIIWF burning is that it contains most of the original Figment figures and it'd suck to lose all of that history. The meta-story you can get out of the pavilion's history does need it's resolution with a fourth version though.

lazyboy97o

OneDisney?
An internal initiative to make Disney more streamlines by removing perceived redundancies. A big part is viewing the parks and resorts as the same, and implementing uniform policies, procedures and management structures. It is even working to get Tokyo Disney Resort more inline with the other Resorts, merchandise is becoming more generic and all upcoming attractions are tied rather safe and three of the four upcoming attractions are clones.

Magicot

Stitch kingdom website is now reporting that it is confirmed that the original Tiki Room will return. On the same report they show some blurry pictures of the magic "backstage" where Mickey will do meet and greet. Also that the Fairies would return to MK. Don't know anything about their reliability. But worth a look.

This should bring a smile to the faces of a lot of WDW fans, including myself. According to Stitch Kingdom:

Once again, this should make a lot of WDW fans, me included, happy, especially when you consider that the 40th is coming up fast!

Stitch Kingdom reports that when the Tiki Room reopens later this summer, the previous “Under New Management” show will be no more, and that we may see the return of the original show once again. Personally, I’m not sure if I would like that any more than the Under New Management show either. http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney...tiki-room-restored-fairies-final-destination/
Can people stop sourcing Stitch Kingdom with their "breaking news"? Again, the original Tiki show IS returning.. and that info broke here on WDWMagic weeks ago. :hammer:

aladdin2007

Can people stop sourcing Stitch Kingdom with their "breaking news"? Again, the original Tiki show IS returning.. and that info broke here on WDWMagic weeks ago. :hammer:

Agreed, what is with this stitch kingdom anyway, this news has been known on here for weeks now.

RSoxNo1

Problem with JIIWF burning is that it contains most of the original Figment figures and it'd suck to lose all of that history. The meta-story you can get out of the pavilion's history does need it's resolution with a fourth version though.

I remember seeing several of the original Figment figures on eBay a few years ago and they were actually burnt

FigmentJedi

I remember seeing several of the original Figment figures on eBay a few years ago and they were actually burnt

No, what went on eBay were the puppets they used for the original finale's movies, which used the same animatronic guts as stuff like Dark Crystal or Labyrinth. And like 80s era animatronics and puppets that aren't preserved well, their skins mostly went into decay

flavious27

An internal initiative to make Disney more streamlines by removing perceived redundancies. A big part is viewing the parks and resorts as the same, and implementing uniform policies, procedures and management structures. It is even working to get Tokyo Disney Resort more inline with the other Resorts, merchandise is becoming more generic and all upcoming attractions are tied rather safe and three of the four upcoming attractions are clones.

Wow, that will just make disney more into mcdonalds. That still won't change the fact that dlr's guests are more likely to be locals and stupid changes will make them mad and keep them away. Streamlining management and procedures will just hurt dlr because I doubt this will make the customer experience better.

TinkerBell9988

No, what went on eBay were the puppets they used for the original finale's movies, which used the same animatronic guts as stuff like Dark Crystal or Labyrinth. And like 80s era animatronics and puppets that aren't preserved well, their skins mostly went into decay

I would love to see a picture of these. Would it be possible to find one? (Perhaps from the eBay listing or something?)

aladdin2007

A bit of an interesting piece of info here, depending on how you read it:

but any chance that Zazu is going to stay and be incorporated into the original show? I ask because today I saw a brand new 40th anniversary Tropical Serenade Pin and it included Zazu on it as the main character, but no Iago.
So....hmmmm what do you all think? I know its just a product but its a specific brand new 40th anniversary pin that states Tropical Serenade yet includes Zazu. Im sorry that I didnt take a picture. I saw it at the Contemporary, wish I had bought it cause then I got to the Polynesian and they didnt have it so I was kicking myself. Maybe MK has it. Will have to check again in a couple weeks.

Snoopy

A bit of an interesting piece of info here, depending on how you read it:

but any chance that Zazu is going to stay and be incorporated into the original show? I ask because today I saw a brand new 40th anniversary Tropical Serenade Pin and it included Zazu on it as the main character, but no Iago.
So....hmmmm what do you all think? I know its just a product but its a specific brand new 40th anniversary pin that states Tropical Serenade yet includes Zazu. Im sorry that I didnt take a picture. I saw it at the Contemporary, wish I had bought it cause then I got to the Polynesian and they didnt have it so I was kicking myself. Maybe MK has it. Will have to check again in a couple weeks.

Is it similar to this?

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904568.jpg

FigmentJedi

I would love to see a picture of these. Would it be possible to find one? (Perhaps from the eBay listing or something?)

I saved em when the auction was going. Be prepared not to sleep well

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom