Any news on The Tiki Room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

puntagordabob

I really, really hope that these pins were created and made before the fire kind of forced their hand to move the redo up in it's schedule.

I dont mind if it's a new show, no matter how much I love the original. I just dont like the mix between the very cartoon looking Disney characters (Zazu, Iago) and the more real looking Tiki birds.

Pretty safe to say that they were created before since we are all under the assumption that the green light to bring the old show was only really made recently...
The first pin you posted was the UNM one....

The second one that is for the 40th was likely in the pipeline before the change, hence the Zazu inclusion..

lazyboy97o

A bit of an interesting piece of info here, depending on how you read it:

but any chance that Zazu is going to stay and be incorporated into the original show? I ask because today I saw a brand new 40th anniversary Tropical Serenade Pin and it included Zazu on it as the main character, but no Iago.
So....hmmmm what do you all think? I know its just a product but its a specific brand new 40th anniversary pin that states Tropical Serenade yet includes Zazu. Im sorry that I didnt take a picture. I saw it at the Contemporary, wish I had bought it cause then I got to the Polynesian and they didnt have it so I was kicking myself. Maybe MK has it. Will have to check again in a couple weeks.

The inclusion of Zazu is part of how the series is being handled.
Each month, a different classic attraction will be highlighted along with a pin-on-pin Disney character

The next in the series is Flight to the Moon with Donald Duck.
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=55885

Neverland

The inclusion of Zazu is part of how the series is being handled.

The next in the series is Flight to the Moon with Donald Duck.
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=55885

That's how I figured it was... Very much in the vein of those 'princesses on rides' pins.

%21B4p8E8wBmk%7E$%28KGrHqZ,%21i%21Eyb-CgySwBMqrPI1Y,g%7E%7E_35.JPG
pin80446

SoccerMickey

A bit of an interesting piece of info here, depending on how you read it:

but any chance that Zazu is going to stay and be incorporated into the original show? I ask because today I saw a brand new 40th anniversary Tropical Serenade Pin and it included Zazu on it as the main character, but no Iago.
So....hmmmm what do you all think? I know its just a product but its a specific brand new 40th anniversary pin that states Tropical Serenade yet includes Zazu. Im sorry that I didnt take a picture. I saw it at the Contemporary, wish I had bought it cause then I got to the Polynesian and they didnt have it so I was kicking myself. Maybe MK has it. Will have to check again in a couple weeks.

A rumor I heard from a few cast members is that the Zazu animatronic was not damaged in the fire and will be incorporated in the new show, which will be a version of the original show. One cast member said that it will be the same animatronic, but not Zazu and that the skin can be taken off it and redressed as Orange Bird, who will act as the new emcee of the show. This was only a rumor that seems to be going around among the cast members in that area.

jmick71

A rumor I heard from a few cast members is that the Zazu animatronic was not damaged in the fire and will be incorporated in the new show, which will be a version of the original show. One cast member said that it will be the same animatronic, but not Zazu and that the skin can be taken off it and redressed as Orange Bird, who will act as the new emcee of the show. This was only a rumor that seems to be going around among the cast members in that area.

Orange bird would be cool!

jmick71

I saved em when the auction was going. Be prepared not to sleep well

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

AWWWWWWWW POOR FIGMENT :cry:
how much were they sold for
(In the process of sculpting and extremely accurate figment have picks of him all over my studio LOL)

The Duck

I can't see Orange Bird in the show. Maybe in a new pre-show but even that seems sketchy.

Krack

Oh for Pete's sake ...

ATTENTION WDI AND TDO: No Orange Bird. Just put the attraction back the way it was before you ruined it. If you want to install the no-Offenbach Disneyland version? That's fine (see? we can compromise). No pop culture. No hip or trendy no additions. No changes to appeal to the "modern" audience. No "We'll put the Orange Bird in because it will appease fanboys because it's nostalgic" (when, in actuality, no fanboys will want it and it will only aggravate them more). Don't be stupid, just fix it.

/rant over

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Bye-bye Iago! :wave: You should've listened to Zazu.. Zazu shouldn't be punished.. at least he was actually trying to SAVE the show! :lol:

That reminds me, The Enchanted Tiki Room (Under New Management) basically makes fun of itself.. remember Iago: "...or your audience will disapear...!" ...wooooow... MAJOR backfire on Iago.. :ROFLOL:

flavious27

Oh for Pete's sake ...

ATTENTION WDI AND TDO: No Orange Bird. Just put the attraction back the way it was before you ruined it. If you want to install the no-Offenbach Disneyland version? That's fine (see? we can compromise). No pop culture. No hip or trendy no additions. No changes to appeal to the "modern" audience. No "We'll put the Orange Bird in because it will appease fanboys because it's nostalgic" (when, in actuality, no fanboys will want it and it will only aggravate them more). Don't be stupid, just fix it.

/rant over

I prefer to see them return tiki to its original. Though I would like to see them tastefully modernize the attraction as part of an overall refurb of the plaza with a tiki/south pacific theme.

jmick71

I prefer to see them return tiki to its original. Though I would like to see them tastefully modernize the attraction as part of an overall refurb of the plaza with a tiki/south pacific theme.

i never got how Aladdin got in to adventure land( he does not fit the them of that area which is more Polynesian/and pirate than anything else) I am guessing this is what you are referring to LOL

TinkerBell9988

I saved em when the auction was going. Be prepared not to sleep well

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I officially will have nightmares. And these are the puppets from the finale sequence? Not audio-animatronics? I noticed that one of them has a bunch of cables coming out of his rear... :lol: Would that one be an audio-animatronic or are they all puppets?

FigmentJedi

I officially will have nightmares. And these are the puppets from the finale sequence? Not audio-animatronics? I noticed that one of them has a bunch of cables coming out of his rear... :lol: Would that one be an audio-animatronic or are they all puppets?

Were all animatronic puppets according to the seller. They stayed on model with the figures in the ride, not much room for people's hands up there.

jmick71

how much were they sold for
(In the process of sculpting and extremely accurate figment have picks of him all over my studio LOL)

flavious27

i never got how Aladdin got in to adventure land( he does not fit the them of that area which is more Polynesian/and pirate than anything else) I am guessing this is what you are referring to LOL

The only reason I heard was that eisner wondered why there was a large open space in AL and tdo filled it with a popular franchise and rethemed the shops near it.

You mean this is not themed correctly?

2753327362_5a49784cd7.jpg

As someone on another thread said, it is tdo giving the middle finger to us

TinkerBell9988

Were all animatronic puppets according to the seller. They stayed on model with the figures in the ride, not much room for people's hands up there.

OK thanks for the info. I'd love to see the behind-the-scenes footage of how those little funny clips were filmed... the weight-lifting Figment was my favorite sequence.

I can't pick which one in the pictures gives me the creepiest feeling... perhaps the one that is mostly yellow in color. EEK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom