Any news on The Tiki Room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neverland

There's no doubting UNM is an awful show; at least the original has tiki nostalgia going for it. Offenbach and "Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing" are the only musical numbers that have aged poorly.

Not at all! LASLTBS is TDO's favorite song! "Let's all sing like the birdies sing: cheap, cheap cheap, cheap cheap!" :wave:

aladdin2007

Not at all! LASLTBS is TDO's favorite song! "Let's all sing like the birdies sing: cheap, cheap cheap, cheap cheap!" :wave:

Maybe not so cheap afterall, with the new opening date now in August, sounds like they are spending some mulaa. That would be the perfect themesong for them though :lol:

zooey

Maybe they decided to rip out the Magic Carpets as well, so they're giving themselves enough time to do that too. If we're gonna dream, let's dream big, no?

Krack

Maybe they decided to rip out the Magic Carpets as well, so they're giving themselves enough time to do that too. If we're gonna dream, let's dream big, no?

Adventureland%2007.jpg

If we can dream it, then we can do it. Yes we can, yes we can.

zooey

I remember reading a while back that TDS was getting its own Magic Carpets ride in their Arabian section (where it actually makes sense.) My first thought was, "Hey, maybe they'll just ship ours over to them." I don't know if that's how that would work, cost effectiveness compared to just building a new one, etc. but that would be fantastic.

Krack

I agree, wow. You cant even make out that building anymore today. sad.

Well, that's pretty much what it looked like - but the photo is from Tokyo Disneyland. I would have went with a photo of Anaheim, but this is actually closer to what Orlando looked like, imo.

The above photo is not Walt Disney World.

Observant!

lazyboy97o

I remember reading a while back that TDS was getting its own Magic Carpets ride in their Arabian section (where it actually makes sense.) My first thought was, "Hey, maybe they'll just ship ours over to them." I don't know if that's how that would work, cost effectiveness compared to just building a new one, etc. but that would be fantastic.
The current closure may pushing things back, but Jasmine's Flying Carpet is/was set to open on July 18.
http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/en/schedule/event/index.html

Walt's#1

Dreaming and Wishing for the return of Enchantment!

Anyone ever notice how popular the Enchanted Tiki room merchandise is on ebay? The original show was enchanting, and had the ability to send one into a place of sheer delight -just as Walt intended. We were so upset when evil was introduced to Walt's charming idea... We never went in again, and we have been back to Magic Kingdom at least 20 times. My son cried for days when they changed it. We need more happy and charming in this ever increasingly crazy world -Isn't that what most of us are going to Disney world for anyway?:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom