Any families of five out there..

princess noel

Last year, we did two connecting rooms at POP. It was cheaper than one room at POR and gave us more space. We really enjoyed ourselves and thought the bus system was better than at POR the previous year. We have not stayed at a deluxe though so no input on how 5 there fits.

Upvote 0

IMPoppins

7 months ago we became a family of 5 :sohappy: Once our little guy turns 3, and we can no longer stay in a value resort, we'll probably stay at POR. We've stayed there before and really liked it. We also might try the ASM Suites. We've stayed at Poly before and it was nice and roomy - that would be a good choice for 5 people. Two rooms at Pop would be good too -their bus service is great, IMHO.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Typically, depending on the family, I recommend two rooms at one of the Values or one of the Family Suites which are pretty neat. They have the advantage of a Queen size bed for Mom and Dad in it's own room with convertible single bedding for the kids as well as two bathrooms which is always a plus. Hope this information is helpful! Belle

Upvote 0

dhall

mine are 13, 16 (girls) and 19 (boy). When we're not splurging on one of the contemporary or beach club, we've had really good luck with the swan & dolphin. I don't know if it is still available, but for several years they had fairly deep discounts for educators.

Upvote 0

micknminnie

Original Poster
Thanks. My little ones will be 7,6 and 3. I was trying to see which was cheaper, the ASMU suites or just two connecting rooms at a value. Does Disney grant requests for connecting rooms? I thought I read somewhere that it is not always guaranteed.

Upvote 0

fractal

We stayed at BC last year - previously at PoRS. BC room was bigger but still cramped as we now have two teenagers.

The choices at Disney for a growing family of 5+ are either very limited or very expensive which is why we are likely to rent a house at Windsor Hills next time.

Upvote 0

brisem

Thanks. My little ones will be 7,6 and 3. I was trying to see which was cheaper, the ASMU suites or just two connecting rooms at a value. Does Disney grant requests for connecting rooms? I thought I read somewhere that it is not always guaranteed.

yes, I requested it at booking and it was no problem.

Upvote 0

disneysroyal411

Altogether at the World it goes like this. POP, Off site, Port Orleans Riverside, Animal Kingdom for special one nighters when we stayed at POP and PO, then the Polynesian for like 3 or 4 years in a row, then and AK last year, and now finally to my hearts content the Bay Lake Towers!!!! Ok I lied it's not my hearts content until I stay the Contemporary, MK view, and with concierge. =) Preferably a sweet, I would DIE!!!!:D It'd be a miracle. ANyone else's dream room at Disney, other then of course my more preferred never gonna happen alternate, the Cinderella Dream Sweet in the castle.

Upvote 0

Mikester71

I have always requested them when we stay at Pop, and there was only one year where we had a problem. We went back to the main check-in desk after discovering that asking for adjoining rooms is NOT the same as asking for connecting rooms. They immediately gave us new connecting rooms.

Upvote 0
Last year it was myself, two boys, and two grandparents. We all stayed in a cabin at Ft Wilderness. It had plenty of space for everyone and the resort just felt more relaxing than the family suites or two rooms at a value resort would have.

Upvote 0

Debbie

We stayed at the Polynesian in '99, and the Hotel Royal Plaza, in '96 when we had all three boys. Hotel Royal Plaza was OK for 89.00 per night. Just take your vehicle to the parks---the shuttle bus didn't work for us (parking was free with my annual pass)

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

The ASMU Suites are a little more expensive than two standard view rooms at a Value but less than two preferred view rooms. Connecting rooms, like any other room request is never guaranteed, but I dont think I have ever had a problem with getting any of the room requests I have asked for. Once you make your reservations, put in your room requests as soon as possible. Belle

Upvote 0

FatBoy976

Whenever someone has 5 or more, I always recommend the cabins at Fort Wilderness. Four beds, a full kitchen, a free standing building. What more could you ask for?

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

The Fort Wilderness cabins are very cute and as you said like a small house complete with a deck and a small BBQ on there, but the Fort Wilderness grounds are VERYlarge and spread out and arent easy to navigate around. Other than the area by the boat to Magic Kingdom and right up by the front of the area, requires a transfer to an internal bus or rental of a golf cart to get to where you are staying. The resorts are easier to walk around and were designed for that. It all depends on what you are looking for out of your stay. Belle

Upvote 0

tnemgif

My family is traveling as a group of five for the first time this year, and we found that the DVC villas are surprisingly affordable. We were planning on booking two rooms in Caribbean Beach but found that a Bay Lake Towers Villa was only a few hundred more (with AAA discounts). The benefits and location of the Contemporary made that a hands down winner in our situation. We were very surprised (and happy) to learn how affordable the villas can be.

Upvote 0

Ghall

We are a family of five. We have a 17, 15 and 4 year old ( 2 boys and a girl). Last year we stayed at the Beach Club. We had no problems spending three weeks in the one room and all stayed sane!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

My family is traveling as a group of five for the first time this year, and we found that the DVC villas are surprisingly affordable. We were planning on booking two rooms in Caribbean Beach but found that a Bay Lake Towers Villa was only a few hundred more (with AAA discounts). The benefits and location of the Contemporary made that a hands down winner in our situation. We were very surprised (and happy) to learn how affordable the villas can be.

Depending on when you are traveling have you looked to see if any discounts have been offered? The Disney package discounts are always better than AAA and you can only pick one or the other, the discounts cannot be combined. Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom