Any Epcot purists cave into Cosmic Rewind yet?

StarWarsGirl

While I know it’s not what you mean, I can’t help interpreting these sorts of comments as:

“This ride is too fun and exciting — put it in Hollywood Studios.”

Serious question: is there a place at “True Epcot” for any coaster?
A major complaint I heard from a family member who didn't like Epcot was that there were no roller coasters.

Doesn't mean it has to have a bunch of roller coasters, but it seriously needed another thrill ride/e-ticket.

StarWarsGirl

I can't wrap my brain around the cost
You can blame the pandemic for a good bit of the cost. The messed up supply chain sent the costs of materials soaring, not to mention the supply chain delays would have increased the costs because the employees working on that project, though they get paid regardless, would have been allocating their time (and therefore the costs of their salaries) to that project.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You can blame the pandemic for a good bit of the cost. The messed up supply chain sent the costs of materials soaring, not to mention the supply chain delays would have increased the costs because the employees working on that project, though they get paid regardless, would have been allocating their time (and therefore the costs of their salaries) to that project.
So without the pandemic this would have cost “only” $350-400 million?

StarWarsGirl

So without the pandemic this would have cost “only” $350-400 million?
Given that the price of steel increased by 43% between Q1 2020 and Q1 2021, it seems reasonable to assume that the original estimates were closer to $350 million.

Also, friendly reminder that the original Test Track cost an estimated $300 million, which when adjusted for inflation actually surpasses the cost of Guardians.

Jeff456

The ride is great and it is probably my wife's favourite ride (she had not been to WDW before September 23) but I'll always miss EEA for the nostalgia. Great ride wrong park, still even though I miss EEA I probably would not swap it back as I know my Wife would not enjoy it in any way 😂

Disstevefan1

We survived the loss of Horizons, we can survive anything…

If I can ever make the right tap at the right time and I am lucky enough to win the Cosmic rewind lottery, I am looking forward to trying it.

We all must face the facts. The original spirit of EPCOT Center is dead.

Disney will do what Disney will do and we must accept it or stop visiting.

erasure fan1

Personally I don't think there's anything to cave in to. I think most realize Epcot is now just hodgepodge-cot. It's a fun indoor coaster that was made to get an ip in the park wether it fit or not. Original Epcot will always be near and dear to my heart. But I gave up on them having a vision for the park other than, IPs!

UNCgolf

While I don't think it fits at EPCOT, I also honestly don't think it's an especially good ride.

It's a fun roller coaster, but that's all it is -- they completely dropped the ball on theme/story. It botched the use of the Guardians IP. It wouldn't make my top 15 attractions just at WDW.

Last edited:

osian

It"s a great ride but good storytelling has to be timeless and relevant, and it is neither. Therefore it is also not very "Dianey" because Disney used to be good at that sort of thing. So all in all, completely at odds with everything EPCOT used to be and even what they want it to be now.

Chef Mickey

It"s a great ride but good storytelling has to be timeless and relevant, and it is neither. Therefore it is also not very "Dianey" because Disney used to be good at that sort of thing. So all in all, completely at odds with everything EPCOT used to be and even what they want it to be now.
Well said. I called it lazy for the same reason. Yay, movie theme and "Epcotians" thrown in to pander.

Spaceship Earth seems like it's from a different world. Perhaps it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom