Any chance this Splash Mountain retheme is cancelled?

Kate F

This was what I emailed btw, obviously copy-pasted the text from the Word document into its own email.
82B8CBE7-CD5D-4979-8F77-1A6BE38C6A39.jpeg

A143F1C4-71E3-4579-920B-2AE78C75D938.jpeg

85F0CF0F-E39F-4E3D-8237-7241032DD1BA.jpeg

mickEblu

Original Poster
Really wishing I didn’t return that Olszewski Splash Mountain light box. Bought it for $500 a couple years ago and felt that I paid too much for the condition it arrived in so I returned it.

Sucks - I could have bought it In 2013 at off the page. I was just getting back into the parks after a decade away (minus a few visits) and bought the Hitchhiking ghosts light box instead because I thought they d sell out faster. 7 years late the hitchhiking ghosts box is still available and I never Saw Splash Mountain again.

Last edited:

Kate F

I’ve heard that that response is automated, not sure whether that’s true or not because I’ve seen another response that was slightly different.

Homemade Imagineering

I’ve heard that that response is automated, not sure whether that’s true or not because I’ve seen another response that was slightly different.
I sent them a couple letters regarding the return of the original Journey into Imagination last year in August, and all I got was one automated response, where they basically said that they appreciate my letter but they can’t except any outside ideas.

Disneydreamer23

I think Princess and the Frog should 100% have a ride, perfect place? Epcot, open an amazing restaurant like in the movie and have an awesome ride. I love SM and I will be sad to see it go.

Brer Panther

I sent them a couple letters regarding the return of the original Journey into Imagination last year in August, and all I got was one automated response, where they basically said that they appreciate my letter but they can’t except any outside ideas.
Which didn't stop them from accepting an outside idea for a Princess and the Frog retheme of Splash Mountain.

No Name

Their response email is evidently fantastic for what they’re trying to achieve. On the surface it’s lengthy and respectful, but subliminally it’s letting you know that your email is of zero concern, importance, or interest to anyone there.

It's amazing, truly, how Disney announces these controversial moves and continue to ignore the general opinion of the people who deeply care about their products.
The people who deeply care have generally continued going and will continue going regardless of what Disney does. Disney was cautious in 2014 but they’re evidently confident now. They would perhaps start to care if the profits started to hurt.

None of these changes have caused a notable uptick in attendance or merchandise sales, so it’s not like they’re succeeding, but they’re also not evidently hurting. A lot of it is backed by their misconceptions moreso than data, which is frustrating.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Their response email is evidently fantastic for what they’re trying to achieve. On the surface it’s lengthy and respectful, but subliminally it’s letting you know that your email is of zero concern, importance, or interest to anyone there.

The people who deeply care have generally continued going and will continue going regardless of what Disney does. Disney was cautious in 2014 but they’re evidently confident now. They would perhaps start to care if the profits started to hurt.

None of these changes have caused a notable uptick in attendance or merchandise sales, so it’s not like they’re succeeding, but they’re also not evidently hurting. A lot of it is backed by their misconceptions moreso than data, which is frustrating.

If Disney fails to increase attendance with these "investments", wouldn't that mean they're losing money? As in, the cost of the change does nothing for them except waste time and funds.

Also I do believe that what we saw with SWGEs opening might be a sign of things to come because Disney has been providing underwhelming experiences lately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom