Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

ppete1975

They could easily create a "newly discovered" Jedi Temple that allows you concentrate to "travel back" and join Luke/Leia on a mission in an E Ticket ride during the OG era. (Speeder Bike coaster?)

Its science fiction. Create the rules.
well technically you have the "world between worlds" already.. so it could easily work in the star war world
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/World_Between_Worlds

J4546

DHS Star wars lands needs something big and exclusive to pair with their new super expensive star wars hotel. I mean, why pay 4000 to stay in a super immersive star wars hotel if its paired with the smaller star wars land in arguably the worst disney park in fla. Use the coaster tech from the new GotG coaster at epcot to create a star wars rollercoaster where you take off from a rebel base, cutting through tie fighters and imperial destroyers on a quest to blow up the death star....straight out of the movies! Relocate muppets land and use that area for a que and general galaxies edge expansion. That will also give the star wars land more cohesion as right now it goes star wars, muppets, then back to star wars when you walk through that area as it is now. Now you have a major exclusive ride and staying at that hotel, maybe you get some sort of pass perk that lets you walk on to the rides at least once per day.

ppete1975

DHS Star wars lands needs something big and exclusive to pair with their new super expensive star wars hotel. I mean, why pay 4000 to stay in a super immersive star wars hotel if its paired with the smaller star wars land in arguably the worst disney park in fla. Use the coaster tech from the new GotG coaster at epcot to create a star wars rollercoaster where you take off from a rebel base, cutting through tie fighters and imperial destroyers on a quest to blow up the death star....straight out of the movies! Relocate muppets land and use that area for a que and general galaxies edge expansion. That will also give the star wars land more cohesion as right now it goes star wars, muppets, then back to star wars when you walk through that area as it is now. Now you have a major exclusive ride and staying at that hotel, maybe you get some sort of pass perk that lets you walk on to the rides at least once per day.
you had me till you said remove muppets...... ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The Child coming to a Galaxy Edge?
Many sites discussing this today. Rumor started with J. Hill I believe so...
It is indeed the Jim Hill echo chamber resounding thru the 'Net now.

However, this has been rumored ever since season one.

With the pandemic, there isn't going to be any up close M&Gs, just distanced ones. And Grogu at a distance will be quite small.

Also, if they're keeping GE 'in canon,' then when they do do a Mando/Grogu M&G, they could do it outside of GE in Launch Bay.

Disney Maddux

So if the era of the land were changed, everything but Rise would need little to no changes. Take down the First Order banners, and for MF just take out mentions of the Resistance and First Order, boom, the whole land is in a different era now.

Robbiem

The Child coming to a Galaxy Edge?
Many sites discussing this today. Rumor started with J. Hill I believe so...

I could see something happening it makes no sense to keep galaxies edge firmly in the sequel timeline when moving forward star wars looks to be building on different eras - the mandalorian timeline just after episode 6 (inc Ashok, Rangers etc), the period before episode 4 (Obi wan, casian andor, bad batch) and the much earlier new republic serie.

I could see Disney making a more generic land so all areas could appear - in the same way other parks like Epcot started out without characters and added them later I could see a ‘due to demand we are adding your favourite characters to galaxies edge’. At the moment its already partly like this with Hondo appearing

FigmentFan82

It should have been this from the start. Drop the timeline aspect so we can have all eras and everyone can celebrate their favourite Star Wars
Exactly. GE is not a movie or a show or a comic or a book. There need not be any rigid timeline. It should never have been about being inside a specific timeframe in SW canon. Suspension of disbelief can only get you so far. GE should have always been about experiencing the world of SW IRL

UNCgolf

Exactly. GE is not a movie or a show or a comic or a book. There need not be any rigid timeline. It should never have been about being inside a specific timeframe in SW canon. Suspension of disbelief can only get you so far. GE should have always been about experiencing the world of SW IRL

For all their desire to create an immersive location like the Wizarding World, they probably would have been better off spending less time on themed shops etc. and more on building 3 major rides, one for each time period (prequels, OT, and sequels) to make all types of fans happy. They could have also built a couple of smaller rides. That isn't to say they shouldn't have done any theming -- but Hollywood Studios was the perfect park to not have to worry about building an elaborately themed "land" like Batuu. I suppose it's a different story at Disneyland, but still.

That would also have added more attraction capacity, which they desperately need at DHS, and would have taken some of the pressure off of Rise since it wouldn't be the only big attraction.

ppete1975

For all their desire to create an immersive location like the Wizarding World, they probably would have been better off spending less time on themed shops etc. and more on building 3 major rides, one for each time period (prequels, OT, and sequels) to make all types of fans happy. They could have also built a couple of smaller rides. That isn't to say they shouldn't have done any theming -- but Hollywood Studios was the perfect park to not have to worry about building an elaborately themed "land" like Batuu. I suppose it's a different story at Disneyland, but still.

That would also have added more attraction capacity, which they desperately need at DHS, and would have taken some of the pressure off of Rise since it wouldn't be the only big attraction.
they could have just made a dumbo clone with speeder bikes, and put it in the middle of the walk way. But thats lazy... and disney would never do that...

1610040237860.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom