Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

mikejs78

Premium Member
Yeah, I was going to edit my post to say that Star Wars is definitely an exception. Just got back from WDW yesterday and I absolutely loved GE but I generally think building a whole land around one IP, like Cars or Zootopia, is not a good use of resources (physical space and money).
By all measure though, Cars Land is a success. As is Toy Story Land.. I think it works well in DHS, even DCA. I don't think it would work well in MK/Epcot. If DHS becomes the park of immersive lands, I'm OK with that.

RSoxNo1

Yeah, I was going to edit my post to say that Star Wars is definitely an exception. Just got back from WDW yesterday and I absolutely loved GE but I generally think building a whole land around one IP, like Cars or Zootopia, is not a good use of resources (physical space and money).
Cars and Pandora are interesting arguments. You could argue that they're not big enough franchises, but the franchises themselves lend themselves to a large themed area. Toy Story on the other hand very well may be a big enough franchise, but it doesn't lend itself to a large themed area.

Bocabear

The next thing should be Toontown...an expanded version of the Disneyland original with several new attractions. it only makes sense after the MMRR addition... Toy Storyland is just about maxed out on ideas and space...they could really do something with the toon franchise that would be wonderful.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
what was the point of grand avenue again? besides combining parts of two lands because of construction?

I'm guessing they committed to make all the passageways themed to L.A./Hollywood (as befitting the name "Hollywood Studios"), and so they had to come up with an era of Hollywood in which to theme this area, and given what was already there, chose modern L.A. to make it easy on themselves.

matt9112

With the removal of the Great Moments in History show I would not be surprised to see Muppet Vision be removed.

One is cost cutting the other is an attraction. Insiders have said repeatedly that muppets is safe for now. With how awful attendance is going even if it was going to close i dont have faith in budgetting for something new.
Star tours is supposed to be axed in a few years when things die down. All of this could change like the wind of course.
I dont think GE is the end all be all they make it out to be.

Mainahman

Cause there are certainly not enough of those around property.
Not everyone at Disney wants to meet Princesses for sure! id love to see that area be something amazing, with a pair or trio of attractions. Can we get something like journey from the center of the earth? a guy can wish!

Mainahman

Anyone know if this is an actual expansion pad, or not?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom