Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

Lintemuthstudios

This all sounds good ,but imo never going to happen. Also while I feel HWS needs more rides,I do not think it really needs 6 or so more rides,I would say maybe 3 or 4 more rides.I also would rather them not keep on getting clones.

I say have them add the black box dark ride ,a mini Indy land with 1 e-ticket ride,overlay rockin roller coaster with something else and add a new ticket ride for another new land with in that area.add a D or c-ticket ride to to GE and a table service restaurant

Well, yeah lol. This is Disney we're talking about.

999th Happy Haunt

I doubt you'll see any Indiana Jones expansion.. I'd expect it to be cut and removed completely.
It's not "IP" enough these days..
Once again,
1573424148668.jpeg

UpAllNight

I can see Disney continuing to invest with Epic Universe on the way. I find 3 aspects particularly strange though when it comes to DHS...

1) Why the heck they built Toy Story Land without adding 2 or 3 more flat rides. This would have rounded the area off massively, provided much needed options for the younger crowd, and these rides should cost PEANUTS for a company like Disney. They have the new carousel they’ve just put in DCA which would have been prefect. I understand RC racer and Parachute ride not being included for siteline and capacity reasons, but it’s Toy Story. The possibilities are endless. Lazy...and a weird decision.

2) Not everything NEEDS to be a major e-ticket. I’d always welcome more, but it’s the smaller dark rides, again very cheap by Disney’s standards, that would help round the park off. They could copy and paste a basic dark ride like monsters inc in DCA, or Roger Rabit in Disneyland, and change out the animatronics very easily. A few filler attractions would really balance things out.

3) Why oh why oh why are we still even discussing shows which are nearly 3 decades old. I feel like every single aspect of entertain,ent has been refreshed across the 4 parks whilst DHS is still stuck with Beauty & The Beast, Little Mermaid & Indiana Jones. These shows are once and done shows for a lot of people. You’d struggle to find 3 broadway shows that have enjoyed such a run.

The park will, soon, be in the best shape it’s been in, but it’s all lacked a cohesive vision and still isn’t where it should be 30 years after opening imo.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

I can see Disney continuing to invest with Epic Universe on the way. I find 3 aspects particularly strange though when it comes to DHS...

1) Why the heck they built Toy Story Land without adding 2 or 3 more flat rides. This would have rounded the area off massively, provided much needed options for the younger crowd, and these rides should cost PEANUTS for a company like Disney. They have the new carousel they’ve just put in DCA which would have been prefect. I understand RC racer and Parachute ride not being included for siteline and capacity reasons, but it’s Toy Story. The possibilities are endless. Lazy...and a weird decision.

2) Not everything NEEDS to be a major e-ticket. I’d always welcome more, but it’s the smaller dark rides, again very cheap by Disney’s standards, that would help round the park off. They could copy and paste a basic dark ride like monsters inc in DCA, or Roger Rabit in Disneyland, and change out the animatronics very easily. A few filler attractions would really balance things out.

3) Why oh why oh why are we still even discussing shows which are nearly 3 decades old. I feel like every single aspect of entertain,ent has been refreshed across the 4 parks whilst DHS is still stuck with Beauty & The Beast, Little Mermaid & Indiana Jones. These shows are once and done shows for a lot of people. You’d struggle to find 3 broadway shows that have enjoyed such a run.

The park will, soon, be in the best shape it’s been in, but it’s all lacked a cohesive vision and still isn’t where it should be 30 years after opening imo.
I've said it as often as I've said, "move it's a small world to Epcot". Toy Story Land should have integrated a Speedway style attraction in and around Slinky Dog Dash. That type of moderate capacity C-ticket ride is something missing from DHS.

Speaking in broad strokes, I'd like to see the following:

Magic Kingdom - Needs an E-ticket in Adventureland or Frontierland. I'd also like to see 4000-5000 additional guest per hour capacity in Fantasyland. That's where moving it's a small world or the Speedway would come into play.

Epcot - The park is going to quickly have the weakest attraction lineup of the four parks. Cosmic Rewind could be an anchor, but turning Imagination into a family friendly E-ticket and adding a C-D to the World Showcase lineup in the Germany/Italy area (possibly as a new country) would help.

DHS - Needs more in the B-D range. I'd like to see a loop connect Sunset Boulevard to the Animation Courtyard area, or perhaps level that entire area and connect Sunset all the way to Toy Story Land. In 6-9 months this park will have 9 attractions, 8 of which will be D/E tickets. The next 2-3 additions can be B/C's. If possible, something like the not-Bantha transport ride would be great. I'd also love to see a trackless outdoor ride in the vein of Aquatopia but on land, I could see this in DHS, Epcot or Tomorrowland (and no, I don't want Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters).

Animal Kingdom - The first move for me is replacing Dinorama with something that's a bigger draw. Having said that, that's replacing capacity as opposed to adding to it. I'd also like to see at least a 5th theater or some other capacity increase to Flight of Passage. People point to Rafiki's Planet Watch as the area in need of expansion, but I don't think that's the first move. Ultimately, I think a redesign of Anandapur (Kali/Maharajah area), Rafiki's Planet Watch, and the expansion plot is in order, but that's a much bigger endeavor.

Lintemuthstudios

Can someone please explain to me why they don't want more E-tickets at this park? Why would you want more c-tickets or d-tickets (I get the flat ride conversation) when you can have a much better, much larger-scale ride in a e-ticket?

YodaMan

Interesting that the stunt show isn’t on the transfer genie anymore ( according to CM’s ) but M&MRT and Frozen show are on it.

It’s likely a glitch. Communication usually is lacking on Transfer Genie. Some things were inaccurate for years when Studios first started changing the areas. Indiana Jones switched to East last month but that doesn’t mean Casting was properly notified. There was a hot second where it showed up under both East AND West. Don’t think it means the show is closing imminently or anything like that.

rio

Can someone please explain to me why they don't want more E-tickets at this park? Why would you want more c-tickets or d-tickets (I get the flat ride conversation) when you can have a much better, much larger-scale ride in a e-ticket?

C and D ticket attractions are generally higher capacity. This allows the park to have more things to do, is a breather from exciting E tickets, and gets people out of the walkway. In short, they round out a park.

Just imagine the Magic Kingdom without the Peoplemoover, Peter Pan, the Steamboat, or even Dumbo. Each has been a favorite of millions, and help give more life to the lands they inhabit. Having these is the difference between the MK being a good park and the MK being a great park.

edit: duplicated on top at first. Commenting on mobile has its challenges

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
C and D ticket attractions are generally higher capacity. This allows the park to have more things to do, is a breather from exciting E tickets, and gets people out of the walkway. In short, they round out a park.

Just imagine the Magic Kingdom without the Peoplemoover, Peter Pan, the Steamboat, or even Dumbo. Each has been a favorite of millions, and help give more life to the lands they inhabit. Having these is the difference between the MK being a good park and the MK being a great park.

edit: duplicated on top at first. Commenting on mobile has its challenges

To go further:

An E-Ticket has the potential to draw more people into the park making it more crowded and not less crowded. At any one time, there might be 500 people in the queue and on the ride for an E-Ticket. But if a thousand more people show up because of that ride, then there will be 500 more people milling around the rest of the park, making it more crowded. Attractions tend to attract people.

C & Ds also tend to be more child-friendly. Especially needed in a park that was at one time leaning heavily on rides with height restrictions. They're also cheaper, which means several of them can be installed for the price of an E-Ticket, giving the park more choices, more experiences, and higher ride-capacity. They also give people a chance to complain how cheap Disney is even though the ride and its environs are fully themed.

UNCgolf

Animal Kingdom - The first move for me is replacing Dinorama with something that's a bigger draw. Having said that, that's replacing capacity as opposed to adding to it. I'd also like to see at least a 5th theater or some other capacity increase to Flight of Passage. People point to Rafiki's Planet Watch as the area in need of expansion, but I don't think that's the first move. Ultimately, I think a redesign of Anandapur (Kali/Maharajah area), Rafiki's Planet Watch, and the expansion plot is in order, but that's a much bigger endeavor.

I still haven't heard any kind of realistic proposal for what they could do with Planet Watch. It's probably too far away from the rest of the park to be accessible without some sort of transportation (I think it's about half a mile, so roughly a 10 minute walk each way), but is there the space to build something that could move enough people efficiently enough to have any kind of big draw there? Additionally, what can they build that wouldn't cause animal welfare concerns with the savanna nearby and all the vet facilities etc. right there?

As far as the Imagination Pavilion, yes -- just do a fully updated/reworked version of the original ride (taking advantage of all the new technology available), which was family friendly, a people eater, and one of the best rides Disney has ever designed.

UNCgolf

To get from the EPCOT gate to American Adventure is .8 miles.

To get from the DAK gate to Planet Watch by way of a imagined walking path is .7 miles.

Here's what you got to work with...

Really? It's only .7 miles? I was measuring it as a little less than half a mile from where you board the train. Regardless, the comparison with EPCOT isn't a good one because you're walking through the park and by attractions etc. (well, maybe not at the moment...). My imagined walk up to Planet Watch is by a whole bunch of nothing.

I didn't realize all of that land behind the Jungle Trek and Kali Rapids was usable for Animal Kingdom, though. Of course, if that's all developable land, then they don't have to do a ton to Planet Watch (especially since, again, it houses all the vet facilities). Develop all of that land and Planet Watch is something people can walk to/is next to other areas of the park, rather than being an isolated area with no access other than a train.

They should plus up Planet Watch and maybe add some other activities (although I imagine the Animation Experience would be a pretty big hit if it didn't require a separate train ride), but they wouldn't need to demolish and replace it -- which is something I don't think they would do anyways because of the vet facilities.

HauntedMansionFLA

It’s likely a glitch. Communication usually is lacking on Transfer Genie. Some things were inaccurate for years when Studios first started changing the areas. Indiana Jones switched to East last month but that doesn’t mean Casting was properly notified. There was a hot second where it showed up under both East AND West. Don’t think it means the show is closing imminently or anything like that.
That makes sense. The glitch probably happened when they added Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Train.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom