Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

CJR

Wow, so WDP/OMD might be sticking around longer then? Who would have guessed that of all the attractions to survive a major refresh in the park, that'd be one sticking around? Crazy since I think it was originally supposed to be temporary.

DocMcHulk

@marni1971 already stated that some plans are being worked on so I don't think they think it's finished. Also TDO is not dumb and people are always attacking them which is understandable at times but come on now give them the benefit of the doubt.
The problem isn't the "non-management" imagineers, in my opinion. A lot of them have great ideas and a lot of them have a deep respect for the parks and their history. Often, and probably too often, the calls for attractions come from the people above. The money people. The ones looking to push IP and merch. They dont care about the soul of a park, or at least it's the second most important thing.

These are my ideas:

1. A New Pixar Themed Land taking over the Animation Courtyard area with Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Disney Junior, and Star Wars Launch Bay all closing. Preferably, I would love to see Cars Land, but I know that's not going to happen so most likely a Monstropolis land with an E-Ticket Dark Ride taking the land of Star Wars Launch Bay and some of Disney Junior's currently occupied space. Hopefully the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor will close in Magic Kingdom and move over to the Voyage of the Little Mermaid theater. Maybe we could even see that Japanese Sushi Bar from the movie which would really add to the overall experience in my opinion. I know many people think this new land will extend down to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, but there is too much backstage behind the Sunset Ranch Market to make a whole land expansion there.

2. A Sunset Boulevard Overhaul would work nicely with all of these expansions. Tower of Terror would probably stay, but Rock 'n' Roller Coaster might be on the chopping block soon. They could either replace it with another music artist but keep the same track layout. I highly doubt that they would theme it to a Disney IP. For the Beauty and the Beast show, I'm thinking a re-theme of it, and maybe converting it to an indoor theater. They could use Rapunzel as the IP. Other than that, Sunset Boulevard is fine.

3. A Grand Park Expansion is highly unlikely, but I feel like if Disney doesn't move the exit to Star Tours into Galaxy's Edge, then it breaks the general story line and the ride has no set "themed" area in the park. This might sound crazy but I feel like they should replace Star Tours along with the Backlot Express for the Great Muppet Movie Ride. I know removing a QSR in Hollywood Studios is a bad move as of right now, but they could always build a new one somewhere else like the proposed Woody-themed area near the entrance to Toy Story Land. On a completely unrelated note, I feel like they should move Walt Disney Presents in Hollywood Boulevard or Echo Lake since it would be stuck in the middle of nowhere between two Pixar themed lands.

These are my crazy ideas for Disney's Hollywood Studios on what could come after Galaxy's Edge opens. By the way if Disney is thinking about building an Indiana Jones land, it will probably be after the Animation Courtyard Overhaul is complete. Also, here's a link about The Great Muppet Movie Ride if you have no knowledge of what it is: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Great_Muppet_Movie_Ride

Spencer_ralph46

These are my ideas:

1. A New Pixar Themed Land taking over the Animation Courtyard area with Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Disney Junior, and Star Wars Launch Bay all closing. Preferably, I would love to see Cars Land, but I know that's not going to happen so most likely a Monstropolis land with an E-Ticket Dark Ride taking the land of Star Wars Launch Bay and some of Disney Junior's currently occupied space. Hopefully the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor will close in Magic Kingdom and move over to the Voyage of the Little Mermaid theater. Maybe we could even see that Japanese Sushi Bar from the movie which would really add to the overall experience in my opinion. I know many people think this new land will extend down to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, but there is too much backstage behind the Sunset Ranch Market to make a whole land expansion there.

2. A Sunset Boulevard Overhaul would work nicely with all of these expansions. Tower of Terror would probably stay, but Rock 'n' Roller Coaster might be on the chopping block soon. They could either replace it with another music artist but keep the same track layout. I highly doubt that they would theme it to a Disney IP. For the Beauty and the Beast show, I'm thinking a re-theme of it, and maybe converting it to an indoor theater. They could use Rapunzel as the IP. Other than that, Sunset Boulevard is fine.

3. A Grand Park Expansion is highly unlikely, but I feel like if Disney doesn't move the exit to Star Tours into Galaxy's Edge, then it breaks the general story line and the ride has no set "themed" area in the park. This might sound crazy but I feel like they should replace Star Tours along with the Backlot Express for the Great Muppet Movie Ride. I know removing a QSR in Hollywood Studios is a bad move as of right now, but they could always build a new one somewhere else like the proposed Woody-themed area near the entrance to Toy Story Land. On a completely unrelated note, I feel like they should move Walt Disney Presents in Hollywood Boulevard or Echo Lake since it would be stuck in the middle of nowhere between two Pixar themed lands.

These are my crazy ideas for Disney's Hollywood Studios on what could come after Galaxy's Edge opens. By the way if Disney is thinking about building an Indiana Jones land, it will probably be after the Animation Courtyard Overhaul is complete. Also, here's a link about The Great Muppet Movie Ride if you have no knowledge of what it is: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Great_Muppet_Movie_Ride
As much as I would love to see the Great Muppet Movie Ride finally be built, the move to have PizzeRizzo open on a seasonal basis starts to put the nails in the coffin of that whole area. It's sad because the Muppets were so close to getting their full fledged land promised to them in the early 90s but the TV show flopped hence the sparse Muppet theming inside PizzeRizzo. Otherwise I do believe the animation courtyard will turn into something Pixar themed as they can swap out Disney Jr dance party (sigh) for the Laugh Floor (Hooray!). Then they can tear down Launch Bay and bring the Monsters Inc ride from Tokyo (just my thoughts).

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
As much as I would love to see the Great Muppet Movie Ride finally be built, the move to have PizzeRizzo open on a seasonal basis starts to put the nails in the coffin of that whole area. It's sad because the Muppets were so close to getting their full fledged land promised to them in the early 90s but the TV show flopped hence the sparse Muppet theming inside PizzeRizzo. Otherwise I do believe the animation courtyard will turn into something Pixar themed as they can swap out Disney Jr dance party (sigh) for the Laugh Floor (Hooray!). Then they can tear down Launch Bay and bring the Monsters Inc ride from Tokyo (just my thoughts).

As far as bets go... this is a pretty safe one. Probably wrong but it does at least sounds plausible.

MK-fan

Beauty and the a Beast is kinda cheesy and has long overstayed it’s welcome. Path of the Jedi and launch bay are lingering promotional tools. Little Mermaid is going on 30 years. Frozen show is a placeholder. Indy show needs to drop the movie making theme. Plenty still needs to be done.

I don't think they would bring the Monster Inc. Ride and Go Seek over to DHS because international parks like to keep their rides exclusive to them (for the most part). I think a safer bet would be Monsters Inc. Mike and Sully to the Rescue to replace SWLB. Especially since, in a decade, that whole Hollywood area in DCA might be gone. I hope it stays though.

TJJohn12

Star Tours is right there begging to be part of SW:GE

Or begging to be eventually rethemed to another experience after it’s outclassed by Big Bird - even now when I’ve visited, it’s only commanded a 30 minute wait, if not a walk-on status. We’ll see this week, but last trip I literally walked on and off 6 times in a mid-afternoon. With a superior experience nearby to outdo it, Star Tours is (sadly as I love it) a goner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom