Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

britain

Dang it. The more serious they are about this movie means the more incentive they have to remove the Twilight Zone theming.

UNCgolf

Dang it. The more serious they are about this movie means the more incentive they have to remove the Twilight Zone theming.

I'd prefer they remove the Twilight Zone while keeping everything mostly the same over changing it into a completely different ride ala Guardians.

That's not to say I want the Twilight Zone excised from the ride, but that would be the lesser evil.

britain

I'd prefer they remove the Twilight Zone while keeping everything mostly the same than changing it into a completely different ride ala Guardians.

That's not to say I want the Twilight Zone excised from the ride, but that would be the lesser evil.

Chapek should just buy TZ from CBS.

Seriously. It’s a premium, iconic brand that they clearly don’t know how to make the most of. It’s just the thing that Disney knows how to revitalize and milk.

Imagine if this Tower of Terror movie were the first of many interconnected movies released under a Disney owned “Twilight Zone” label. Yes, it’s not quite the same thing as an anthology series, but as What If has shown us, you can do both.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

At riviera and noticed some balloons for height testing in hollywood studios this morning
Wonder if this is for a new land/attraction. Before the pandemic there were rumors that a Pixar land would take over Animation Courtyard. I wonder if this is for the animation courtyard replacement regardless of if it becomes Pixar

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wonder if this is for a new land/attraction. Before the pandemic there were rumors that a Pixar land would take over Animation Courtyard. I wonder if this is for the animation courtyard replacement regardless of if it becomes Pixar
If those are test balloons and not aerial balloonists, they are way too high for any building. It'd be most likely to see where fireworks will appear. The balloons to the left of the ToT are where the fireworks are now. The ones behind the ToT would represent a new fireworks launch site.

Last edited:

TheDisneyParksfanC8

If those are test balloons and not aerial balloonists, they are way to high for any building. It'd be most likely to see where fireworks will appear. The balloons to the left of the ToT are where the fireworks are not. The ones behind the ToT would represent a new fireworks launch site.
That actually makes more sense. Maybe this could also be for a drone show as there were patents filed for a unique type of one a while back.

FutureCEO

I would love for Disney to realize Toy Story is not everything and to do a Pixar land but not expanding outside the area. Though some PIxar movies, I don't like. 🤔 It's time to let Toy Story go. Wonderful movies but I hope this coming one (Lightyear) is the last one.

cookiee_munster

How much space does the park have to expand galaxies edge? Have they shoehorned themselves in somewhat or can it be expanded?

i only bring this up because of the sleuth of new Star Wars related projects in the works. Book of Boba Fett, Mandalorian S3, the Obi-Wan series and the Ashoka series not to mention other things being developed. I think had they have known how well the Mandalorian was going to be i don't think the main timeline focus would have been around the time of The Last Jedi (one of the most controversial and dividing of opinions between fans etc) i do think sometime in the future things will be reworked somehow so it isn't really focused on a specific time period. or could maybe take place WAY into the future, like what Pandora does over in Animal Kingdom...

UNCgolf

If those are test balloons and not aerial balloonists, they are way to high for any building. It'd be most likely to see where fireworks will appear. The balloons to the left of the ToT are where the fireworks are not. The ones behind the ToT would represent a new fireworks launch site.

You didn't know Disney was building a 50 story office building in the middle of WDW?

doctornick

How much space does the park have to expand galaxies edge? Have they shoehorned themselves in somewhat or can it be expanded?

Per @marni1971 the designated expansion space for another attraction is basically within the berm between GE and Toy Story Land. There's also empty space for the sit down restaurant that was planned but not built - right next to the cantina, the space is just sitting there cleared but without anyone on it.

It also looks like they could put stuff on the north side of the land on the other side of First Order Cargo if they modify backstage, but that is where the shuttles from the Star Wars hotel drop off, so I'm not sure if it would impact any build there.

Disneyfanman

Not trolling I promise. I have a co-worker whose brother works at a company that manufactures décor for Disney parks. They have done extensive work over the years and he has always known about expansion projects long before they are announced, including Galaxy's Edge. He has maintained for some time that another phase for GE is not only being planned but items for it are being designed & manufactured and that an announcement is imminent. I thought maybe he was talking about the hotel but he is quite insistent that something fairly large is coming that will add a large expansion area to the area on both coasts. That doesn't make sense to me at Disneyland especially, but he believes it is true. He has always been right before. I thought I would pass it along for discussion. You never know. Details are slim here but maybe he is talking about adding a restaurant to the Cantina? That would seem to make the most sense to me.

comics101

Nothing really wrong with that.

Disagree. Ever notice how there's basically no air conditioning in SWGE outside of the attractions? That might work in Southern California where standing in the shade can make a difference, but in Central Florida, even with shade it's miserable. SWGE desperately needs some indoor sections/shops. Something like Knockturn Alley at Universal would have made all the difference.

But unfortunately, Disney is all about the copy and paste...

comics101

The Indy stunt show side of the park needs something big to balance out the crowds. The issues seem to be what, then when.

The plans were there. Star Wars could have replaced Indy, Backlot Express, and Star Tours, while an expansion of Pixar Place replaced portions of the Backlot Tour and its surrounding area. It made so much more sense than the route they went...

J4546

Not trolling I promise. I have a co-worker whose brother works at a company that manufactures décor for Disney parks. They have done extensive work over the years and he has always known about expansion projects long before they are announced, including Galaxy's Edge. He has maintained for some time that another phase for GE is not only being planned but items for it are being designed & manufactured and that an announcement is imminent. I thought maybe he was talking about the hotel but he is quite insistent that something fairly large is coming that will add a large expansion area to the area on both coasts. That doesn't make sense to me at Disneyland especially, but he believes it is true. He has always been right before. I thought I would pass it along for discussion. You never know. Details are slim here but maybe he is talking about adding a restaurant to the Cantina? That would seem to make the most sense to me.
well I hope its for sit down dining at the very least, I dont like the cantina at all and wish there was a chiller place to sit and eat in GE.

jpinkc

I hate to say it but nothing will be added to domestic parks. Now if its China, or elsewhere we can already see whats happening there. Yes I know Tron and GoTG are on going and going and going........... see where this is leading.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here...

There is no shortage of space for DHS to expand before having to resort to parking garages...

The purple plots are where there can be 'easy' to add attractions in the parks. The yellow is the pad for another SW attraction.

The orange and blue are all available for more attractions and a reconfigured parking lot. You put attractions on the lot, and convert the forest into new parking.

View attachment 500867

J4546

China and France are both currently going big on Avengers
Japan is building Fantasy Springs
US is massively overhauling Epcot, and building TRON and MMRR and we will probably hear about a major expansion to CA sooner than later.

I have minimal complaints, things are booming in most Disney parks all over the world right now.

Also, DHS has so much room for GE expansion, they could repurpose the entire Muppets space into an Endor themed area that blends into/expands into Star Tours with major ride behind land. That would also create a long immersive Star Wars experience through 2 planets and would be pretty cool imo. They would have to relocate Muppets stuff because Muppets are a treasure of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom