Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

sedati

Wasn't there a rumor of a Smuggler's Alley/ Bounty Hunter's Row which would have the look of the lower levels of Coruscant with some neon and holographic-style signs? Not to mention there are two build structures that seem to be as of yet unused. (Also the Landing Pad on the upper level by the Falcon that I believe is to have a rotating selection of ships someday.)

Robbiem

Chapek should just buy TZ from CBS.

Seriously. It’s a premium, iconic brand that they clearly don’t know how to make the most of. It’s just the thing that Disney knows how to revitalize and milk.

Imagine if this Tower of Terror movie were the first of many interconnected movies released under a Disney owned “Twilight Zone” label. Yes, it’s not quite the same thing as an anthology series, but as What If has shown us, you can do both.

I think this would make a great show for Disney plus.

dsinclair

Not trolling I promise. I have a co-worker whose brother works at a company that manufactures décor for Disney parks. They have done extensive work over the years and he has always known about expansion projects long before they are announced, including Galaxy's Edge. He has maintained for some time that another phase for GE is not only being planned but items for it are being designed & manufactured and that an announcement is imminent. I thought maybe he was talking about the hotel but he is quite insistent that something fairly large is coming that will add a large expansion area to the area on both coasts. That doesn't make sense to me at Disneyland especially, but he believes it is true. He has always been right before. I thought I would pass it along for discussion. You never know. Details are slim here but maybe he is talking about adding a restaurant to the Cantina? That would seem to make the most sense to me.
For someone who knows about Disney timelines: Does this pass the smell test? Would Disney already have an outside contractor fabricating pieces for an expansion that hasn't even been announced yet?

Nthderivative

For someone who knows about Disney timelines: Does this pass the smell test? Would Disney already have an outside contractor fabricating pieces for an expansion that hasn't even been announced yet?
When exploring vendors for a potential project, example works are created to show that they would be capable of the work before Disney awards a contract. Jim Shull on twitter was just discussing this very thing.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
I'd rather they not go all in with more Star Wars stuff unless it's the restaurant or some made to fit Mandalorian Experience. Beyond that DHS needs another anchor IP at the opposite end of the park. The leading candidate amongst the fandom is Indiana Jones. But I'd welcome other IP here too. The parks is inching dangerously close to being "The Star Wars Park"

Time for something else, please!

MagicHappens1971

I'd rather they not go all in with more Star Wars stuff unless it's the restaurant or some made to fit Mandalorian Experience. Beyond that DHS needs another anchor IP at the opposite end of the park. The leading candidate amongst the fandom is Indiana Jones. But I'd welcome other IP here too. The parks is inching dangerously close to being "The Star Wars Park"

I have to agree. Even as a Star Wars fan, aside from a restaurant or another attraction (that doesn’t effect other areas of the park) would be somewhat stupid. I’m sure it would bring more people, but at that point they could’ve built a Star Wars park with the different planets and different attractions to anchor those lands. This park is longing for more attractions and animation courtyard needs to go…..

MagicHappens1971

I have to agree. Even as a Star Wars fan, aside from a restaurant or another attraction (that doesn’t effect other areas of the park) would be somewhat stupid. I’m sure it would bring more people, but at that point they could’ve built a Star Wars park with the different planets and different attractions to anchor those lands. This park is longing for more attractions and animation courtyard needs to go…..

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Apparently Disney CFO made comments about how money will be spent on the parks in the following year and mentioned Avengers Campus & Galaxy’s Edge. Will be interesting to see if they really do have an expansion in the works
blogmickey picked up on that too and did a good piece on ideas...wonder if this is what was mentioned on here recently.

pdude81

I was hoping to see something about it (SWGE expansion) here since most of the "news" I see articles about are sourced from this forum anyway, but I will try to be patient. Perhaps they'll let something loose at Destination D23

Purduevian

SWGE needs a family friendly D ticket or 2 C tickets in my opinion. As much as I would love an Xwing or speederbike coaster. It already has an F ticket (yes I think RotR is above an E ticket) and a solid supporting ride. However, both have a height requirement (38" and 40").
We don't need a screen based shooter with TSMM.

The other thing this land desperately needs is some outdoor kinetic energy.
Best 3 ideas I can come up with.
An indoor/outdoor safari of Battu wilderness or caves (think Navi River journey, but longer and outdoor and indoor.) Does not have to be water based, could sit in a speeder or something like that.
Or a star wars train type ride that goes from muppets and ends at toystory with a separate show that goes the other way (with some show scenes maybe with Hondo's crew trying to get some train cargo)

Also wouldn't mind a country bears show, but make it all aliens and star wars music.

Dunston

Apparently Disney CFO made comments about how money will be spent on the parks in the following year and mentioned Avengers Campus & Galaxy’s Edge. Will be interesting to see if they really do have an expansion in the works
In retrospect, I'll bet he was talking about Avengers Campus and Galaxy's Edge at Studios Paris. Judging by all the nothing they showed today.

Diamond Dot

Personally I'd love to see Carsland come to WDW, but, that would need some serious spending and the current head honcho will never do that. I've never even seen any of the Cars movies and I adore Carsland. It would be too much to hope for a Radiator Racers, but, a Cars themed thrill ride could be done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom