Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Does anyone on this forum have any intel on the Black Box attraction that was ounce rumored for DCA and DHS is still on in some form? It seems like an ideal attraction to build right now as it relies on projection mapping and can be swapped out easily over time to really maximize return on investment to promote I guess what will be the latest film from Walt Disney animation studios. I also wonder if this concept could change and become or also be used for a theater style attraction like the DreamWorks theater at USH

Tonto

SWGE needs a family friendly D ticket or 2 C tickets in my opinion. As much as I would love an Xwing or speederbike coaster. It already has an F ticket (yes I think RotR is above an E ticket) and a solid supporting ride. However, both have a height requirement (38" and 40").
We don't need a screen based shooter with TSMM.

The other thing this land desperately needs is some outdoor kinetic energy.
Best 3 ideas I can come up with.
An indoor/outdoor safari of Battu wilderness or caves (think Navi River journey, but longer and outdoor and indoor.) Does not have to be water based, could sit in a speeder or something like that.
Or a star wars train type ride that goes from muppets and ends at toystory with a separate show that goes the other way (with some show scenes maybe with Hondo's crew trying to get some train cargo)

Also wouldn't mind a country bears show, but make it all aliens and star wars music.
They need a high octane roller coaster.
The past 4-5 additions have all been family friendly.

What families consider family rides these days are much more intense compared to 20 years ago.

Also, the other parks seem like they are in more need of additions. in-particular, Animal Kingdom, and Epcot as well, even after the new additions.

HS is in a good place right now imo.

Tonto

Does anyone on this forum have any intel on the Black Box attraction that was ounce rumored for DCA and DHS is still on in some form? It seems like an ideal attraction to build right now as it relies on projection mapping and can be swapped out easily over time to really maximize return on investment to promote I guess what will be the latest film from Walt Disney animation studios. I also wonder if this concept could change and become or also be used for a theater style attraction like the DreamWorks theater at USH
Not sure what the black box concept exactly is, but it does sound a bit like Mickeys Runaway rail way to a degree.

doctornick

Couldn't disagree more. DHS has, if anything, the greatest amount of "thrill" as a percentage of its offerings of any of the WDW parks. The park actually needs a bunch of more calm, sedate (and longer) family friendly rides. They can't rely on shows to fill that role, especially with a bunch of them still shut down.

The only park that I think you could argue "needs" a thrill ride would be Epcot, though of course GotG is on the way. I wouldn't mind seeing them add something like a Matterhorn style Mt. Fuji ride to Japan though and think it would be a good balance there with the other WS offerings.

Purduevian

The park actually needs a bunch of more calm, sedate (and longer) family friendly rides. They can't rely on shows to fill that role, especially with a bunch of them still shut down.
Would love to see a more attraction heavy Mickey's toontown built in animation courtyard (MMRR can technically lead you into the land kind of like ST ending at Battu)

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
Couldn't disagree more. DHS has, if anything, the greatest amount of "thrill" as a percentage of its offerings of any of the WDW parks. The park actually needs a bunch of more calm, sedate (and longer) family friendly rides. They can't rely on shows to fill that role, especially with a bunch of them still shut down.

The only park that I think you could argue "needs" a thrill ride would be Epcot, though of course GotG is on the way. I wouldn't mind seeing them add something like a Matterhorn style Mt. Fuji ride to Japan though and think it would be a good balance there with the other WS offerings.
Yeah, a boat ride of some sorts, and maybe a magical map-style show in the location where B&B is still dragging on would do wonders..

doctornick

DHS is the only WDW park that does not have a boat ride and it could really use something like Pirates or Small World.

Something everyone can do that moves thousands of people an hour.

An obvious answer would be to clone the Shanghai POTC (no reason it couldn't exist in another park in WDW given its difference compared to "classic" POTC) or use that tech for something like an Indiana Jones ride. It has high capacity IIRC.

RSoxNo1

The past 4-5 additions have all been family friendly.

What families consider family rides these days are much more intense compared to 20 years ago.

Also, the other parks seem like they are in more need of additions. in-particular, Animal Kingdom, and Epcot as well, even after the new additions.

HS is in a good place right now imo.
The last thing DHS or DAK needs are more rides with height requirements.

Stupido

I think Hollywood Studios definitely needs a water ride. It's the only park without one, and it's way over due. Indiana Jones is an alright fit, but that IP seems a little dusty to me, and I think they could do better. If they want to expand on Pixar's presence in the park, perhaps a mini Luca area? I know we've gotten a lot of Pixar additions recently across the parks, but I love those little seamonsters a bunch, and it saves them from inevitably forcing another IP in the world showcase

Last edited:

M:SpilotISTC12

If it's a scene in an updated Great Movie Ride that is now a boat ride... sure.
I was thinking an exact replica of River Journey except change out the blue people for Ewoks. Take out the bioluminescence and turn the lights on slightly. Boom. WDI I'm willing to move to Lake Nona. See you there.

Bocabear

Bring on the fully realized ToonTown but a hyper version of Disneyland's complete with a new Car Toon Spin, Toontown themed restaurant, re-themed Rock N Roller Coaster, and a flat ride of some sort...all in a newly created corridor taking over the old Animation Courtyard and extending to Rock N Roller Coaster. that would be a lovely counterpoint to the Star Wars immersive end of the park...
after that a new water based ride where Indiana Jones currently sits... maybe based on Indy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom