Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

doctornick

Day infinity of me praying for an Indiana Jones boat ride with Shanghai pirates tech in DHS
Yes! That is the type of ride that DHS needs and would be a bit hit to take some of the attention away from GE. I actually was thinking the other day that if Disney wanted to announce/build something to compete with Epic Universe that a Shanghai POTC style ride for IJ would be the perfect thing to do. I know there was a period where different parks at WDW were vying to get to use that tech and I hope that is revisited in the near future (or going on now)

Purduevian

No more coasters. We've had way too many already now.
DHS could use a family story coaster. DHS only has 2 right now, a lightly themed family coaster and a thrill coaster. For reference Magic has 4 coasters. 1) a lightly themed beginner coaster. 2) a heavily themed beginner/family coaster 3/4) highly themed family coasters.

Something like a starwars version of 7D could be fantastic

doctornick

DHS could use a family story coaster. DHS only has 2 right now, a lightly themed family coaster and a thrill coaster. For reference Magic has 4 coasters. 1) a lightly themed beginner coaster. 2) a heavily themed beginner/family coaster 3/4) highly themed family coasters.

The best I would think of would be something like the Matterhorn but with Pod Racers or speeder bikes where you have two tracks that kinda "race" within a (new) spire on Batuu.

RSoxNo1

DHS needs C tickets and/or attractions without a height requirement.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Disney's all about the copy & paste.

And truth be told and because I'd kind of welcome it, DHS could support the Zootopia property here. There. I said it. Could definitely see a mini-land dedicated to the movie and no doubt Disney+ series in the works. Cloned Zootopia dark ride from Shanghai, Backlot Express redo and a Star Tours overlay.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

A good middle ground between the intense RnRc and the tame Slinky Dog. A higher thrills "Indiana Jones" coaster comes to mind. Or something in the same vein as DisneySea's Raging Spirits. Though I still think the park desperately needs a water-based ride. A themed Mack's Water Coaster would be nice.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Shame Star Tours isn't getting it's overlay treatment anytime soon. Disney could use a win right now. Maybe they'll revisit it when Epic Universe comes knocking.

erasure fan1

I don't think Disney cares as much about epic universe as everyone thinks. Disneys, people Will come no matter what, attitude, is at an all time high right now. Disney plays things in a very reactive state, not proactive. So if epic universe takes anything from Disney when it opens. Then Disney will try something and 5yrs after that they'll open something.

Animaniac93-98

Riding RotR and Star Tours in the same day really emphasizes why the latter needs to go.

Without the nostalgia of the original version and with references to the sequel trilogy, it's impossible not to compare the two and see how Tours falls short of being the must-do it once was or the ideal Star Wars ride.

I'm not saying get rid of the simulators, just change the theme to something else.

doctornick

Riding RotR and Star Tours in the same day really emphasizes why the latter needs to go.

Without the nostalgia of the original version and with references to the sequel trilogy, it's impossible not to compare the two and see how Tours falls short of being the must-do it once was or the ideal Star Wars ride.

I'm not saying get rid of the simulators, just change the theme to something else.

Totally disagree. Star Tours is still a great ride and the randomization makes it so much fun to re-ride. I know it never gets long waits - though it's capacity is really large with 6 theaters - but I'd be surprised if it didn't get good guest ratings.

I mean, if they changed it to some other theme, fine, but I see no reason they have to do so. And it's nice to through a bone featuring the OT.

co10064

Premium Member

IMO Star Tours is better than Falcon.
EDIT: *more fun

Technologically more impressive? Probably not.

ChrisM

Totally disagree. Star Tours is still a great ride and the randomization makes it so much fun to re-ride. I know it never gets long waits - though it's capacity is really large with 6 theaters - but I'd be surprised if it didn't get good guest ratings.

I mean, if they changed it to some other theme, fine, but I see no reason they have to do so. And it's nice to through a bone featuring the OT.

It's still a blast - just going to keep beating the dead horse that it should have been integrated into Galaxy's Edge, giving riders the opportunity to enter directly into the land after exiting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom