Antenna toppers!!

Alexx

My family have never bought an antenna topper because where we live, it will most likely be stolen.

Next time i go, i'm definately going to get one though i'll just put it up in the house or something

pintraderpayee

I also gave a football Mickey to our head football coach and a basketball Mickey to our head boys basketball coach. I must admit it was a bit selfish of me because I still see them everyday on the coaches vehicles in our school parking lot!:D

55 more days until we are ºoºrlando bound on a school bus with 30 teens for 930 miles of smiles:sohappy:

Tiggerfanatic

I had a Tigger that I absolutel love on my Mitsubishi Eclipse - made it really easy to find that little sucker in a parking lot full of SUV's!!

Just bought a Pontiac G6 a couple of weeks ago, and after I got it home realized it has no antenna. DD asked my how I would find it in the Wal*Mart parking lot now! I velcroed Tigger to the dash!

I love walking thru parking lots playing "I Spy" looking for Disney toppers on other people's cars.

Alexx

I had a Tigger that I absolutel love on my Mitsubishi Eclipse - made it really easy to find that little sucker in a parking lot full of SUV's!!

Just bought a Pontiac G6 a couple of weeks ago, and after I got it home realized it has no antenna. DD asked my how I would find it in the Wal*Mart parking lot now! I velcroed Tigger to the dash!

I love walking thru parking lots playing "I Spy" looking for Disney toppers on other people's cars.

I love doing that also!:lol: My small town not many people go so it's great when I see one

JerseySkiddie

I have a Union Jack Mickey on my Mini Cooper Convertible since its a British Car. Mini sells all sorts of stuff with Union Jacks on it so I thought it was a cute idea. Getting a new car in a few months so I'll have to pick up a new mickey on my next trip. Not sure what I'll get this time though.

jen2009

I have a glow in the dark pumpkin mickey. It looks like a pumpkin filled with candy and his face glows in the dark. My next favorite, which has been stolen 3 times, is my patriotic mickey. One of these days I will glew him down. I love to change them out for the seasons and holidays. I need a st. pattys one which I will get in a few weeks. Yeah!!!

foslizedtresap

I had the Pink Disney Princess one my friend got me. That's how I'd find my car. Until one day when I came out of a store with my grandma and I couldn't find my car which was weird because that never happens. Well, someone stole it, sad times. I need to get another, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

bauton

My vehicle does not have an antenna, so I run a needle and string through the topper and then hang the topper from my rearview mirror.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I love antennae toppers. I used to have tons of them until they started getting stolen. I have probably lost 7 or 8 of them in the last year or so. Right now I have a Figment one on my car. Has anyone discovered a type of glue that holds them on pretty well? I don't want it to be super permanent since I like changing them out, but I am so tired of them being stolen all the time.

krankenstein

I love antennae toppers. I used to have tons of them until they started getting stolen. I have probably lost 7 or 8 of them in the last year or so. Right now I have a Figment one on my car. Has anyone discovered a type of glue that holds them on pretty well? I don't want it to be super permanent since I like changing them out, but I am so tired of them being stolen all the time.

V, I use this stuff called Wielders Glue that I found at Walmart. It's supposed to be permanent, but if you give it a really good pull you can change them out. :wave:

tcwickings

We have pirate mickey and the year of a million dreams toppers. We did have the Mickey Sorcerer but lost it, then it mysteriously showed up on the neighbor kids car. Imagine that.... :shrug:

Jekyll_Baker

I have a simple Mickey topper (ball with ears), but I was fortunate to find one in a shade of green to almost match my car (kinda light lime green). I need to start looking for a new one, 'cause the green one is getting faded and dirty.

Dawnzy

My car has a fat antenna on the back so I don't put one there. I found a web site that sells a spring stand that sticks to my dash board, I did have to super glue it because the summer heat kept unsticking the tape :) You can find them at coolballs.com under antenna ball then click standard and they are on the right side. It's called buddie springs.

Scooter

I collect Mickey Antenna Toppers
but only antenna toppers with Mickey Mouse ears on them.

I currently have 125 differant toppers.

Hopefully I'll be getting 2 more on my next trip in May.
I display them on shelves. I drill holes in 1/2 inch X 1 inch pieces of wood that are 28 inches long. l drill a 3/16 inch hole every 3 1/2 inches. This allows 7 toppers on each strip. Then I glue a 3/16 inch dowel in each hole, spray paint the whole thing flat black and place one Antenna Topper on each dowel.

It's a bit of work but it's a labor of Love.

The funny thing is that I have an antenna on my truck but there's usually either a Chicago Cubs, Bears, or Bulls antenna topper on it depending on the time of the year.:lol:

xsupaxmanxsfnex

Woah. Ok I just got my first car a week ago (YAY! :sohappy:) and I have a black Mickey antenna topper and Mickey floor mats in the front two seats. And the car is red and black. It is awesome!

wvdisneyfamily

I have a red Ironman Explorer. Mickey Mouse in a red, black, and white football helmet dresses up its antenna. I bought it at WDW while we were on vacation last year before I ever bought my Explorer. It's a funny story, actually.
I called home to check on everything and my Dad tells me his truck is destroyed. My first thought is that there's been a wreck. But then he says my car is worse than his truck. Well, this confuses me to no end. He then explains we had a terrible hail storm. I'm thinking it's just hail and there's no way it can be that bad. Not true. The hail stones were the size of tennis balls (my mom and dad put some in th freezer for the insurance adjusters). They rained down on my poor car and totaled it. No joke. Over $4000 in damage. Granted, it was just a cosmetic total and my car was a 99 Taurus that had taken me through graduate school and student teaching. My husband and I didn't think it was really that bad and didn't even plan on turning it on our insurace. When we got home, we were schocked. The paint was flaking off around the dents. We counted well over one hundred dents in my hood. The adjuster took one look at it and totaled it.
So how does this relate to my antenna topper? Toward the end of our trip in June, I found the above described Mickey topper. My husband and I decided that if the damage was that bad (which we doubted at the time), we'd take the money from the claim and buy a red H3 (which obviously didn't work out - another great story). Regardless, we were going to buy an H3 for me in the next couple of years. I went ahead and bought the topper. It is a cool little topper because Mickey's helmet looks like the helmet our football players wear at my high school. (I'm a teacher.)

Here's a picture of the hail.

45pm06-16-08004.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom