Another Wet MNSSHP??

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
this is not pretty:

USFL0372

rwa2204

Rainy Season

If I'm not mistaken September is still the rainy season in FL. October is when it starts to end. The humidity drops along with the temps.

ngynnhu

I don't know if this will help but all the local weather channels in Orlando say the system which is right now a Low should move through FL today and tomorrow. So hopefully it will be gone by Friday. Again this is not really accurate because let's face it, weathermen are never accurate in FL.

kybred72

That really stinks for those who got rained on, here's hoping there's better weather this Friday!

We leave for Disney in 3 days! Weather is not looking good at all for our trip. This makes me sad...it's my husband and daughter's 1st trip too. We're planning on going to the MNSSHP on the 28th. Oh well, better than being at work!

MrsGracey

September is always an iffy month weather wise here, just think, it could be hurricanes not just rain.
We're going to the MNSSHP on Oct. 12th. It just doesn't feel Halloweenish right now to me and I'm hoping the weather might be a little more cooperative by then.

Msully

Just great i hope all those going to the parties this weekend dont get rained on to hard! I am going October 3rd. Heres hoping for better looking weather!

Heatherbell

Not to jinx it....but I leave on Friday, I checked weather.com just now and it says isolated/scattered T-storms which is very typical of Florida this time of year.

So here's to being hopeful...

Tinkrbell

I just hope the rain system is long gone before october 4th.
Same here. Thats the night Im going to MNSSHP, I fly in on the 3rd & flout on the 7th.

I experinced MK in the rain 3 years ago over Easter & I really dont want to repeat that for the 18th birthday.

Horizonstta

Latest weather update. We had some heavy storms last night and they are calling for potential (brief) tornadoes in Orange country again this evening. This was taken from the National Weather Service update for Orange County posted earlier this morning.

...THUNDERSTORM IMPACT...
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WILL DEVELOP THIS AFTERNOON ACROSS THE
COASTAL COUNTIES...MAINLY SOUTHWARD...BEFORE SPREADING NORTHWESTWARD
AND BECOMING MORE WIDESPREAD LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING. THE
STRONGEST STORMS...LOCATED MAINLY ACROSS THE INTERIOR COUNTIES WILL
BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING HEAVY RAIN...FREQUENT LIGHTNING...AND WIND
GUSTS UP TO 45 MPH. AN ISOLATED TORNADO WILL ALSO BE POSSIBLE ACROSS
THE SAME AREAS THAT WERE AFFECTED THURSDAY EVENING...NAMELY ORANGE
AND LAKE COUNTIES.

.NOW...
THROUGH 2 PM...SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED LIGHTNING
STORMS WILL BEGIN TO DEVELOP EARLY THIS AFTERNOON ACROSS EAST
CENTRAL FLORIDA. DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE LOW LEVEL WIND
FLOW...SOME CELLS MAY EXHIBIT ROTATION AND AN ISOLATED
WATERSPOUT NEAR THE COAST OR A BRIEF TOUCHDOWN INLAND WILL BE
A DISTINCT POSSIBILITY. AN ADDITIONAL FOCUS FOR AFTERNOON
PRECIPITATION WILL BE THE INLAND MOVING SEA BREEZE BOUNDARY.
THE MAIN THREATS WILL BE FREQUENT CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING...
GUSTY DOWNBURST WINDS TO 40 MPH AND BRIEF HEAVY DOWNPOURS. MOVEMENT
WILL TO THE NORTH TO NORTHEAST AT AROUND 20 MPH.

mbly

Sounds like some nasty weather Horizonstta. We leave tomorrow morning so here's hoping these storms pass. Does anyone know if they cancel The Spirit of Aloha lua if it's raining? We have adr's tomorrow nite.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Sounds like some nasty weather Horizonstta. We leave tomorrow morning so here's hoping these storms pass. Does anyone know if they cancel The Spirit of Aloha lua if it's raining? We have adr's tomorrow nite.
I know they will cancel it if it is too cold so I can only assume that they will cancel it if it rains.

Chape19714

Yep Aloha Shows are subject to cancelation due to poor weather.

Anywho, It's starting to clear up in the sunshine state, so maybe they can get the party going tonight!

Craig & Lisa

I'm sorry that it has rained during these events, someday the family and I may go, but if you look at the big picture, Fla. really does need the rain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom