Another MK smoking area goes up in smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotoDave219

It doesn't really matter if they restrict smoking any further people will still smoke where they please. I have pointed out people smoking where they aren't supposed too to cast members and security,both were reluctant to say something.I was even told once by a life guard that management told them not to say anything.I too hope for a smoke free world,nothing worse than a lung full of someone's smoke on a hot summer day.

Of coincidence… People will throw cups of water on other people where they're not supposed to either…

awilliams4

I can smell farts at 100 meters but I dont force folk to fit a cork up their jaxies. Though judging by some folks breath its a choice they have already made.

Not a fair comparison. Farts don't stick to your hair, clothes, etc. Ex smoker. Smoked for about 17 years. After quitting, I was real suprised by how much the smoke really effects me now. We had a local 7-11 here where the workers smoked. If the Credit Card on the gas pump broke and I went in there for 2 minutes tops to pay for gas, my clothes and body needed to be washed because it reeked of cigs.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Wouldnt be an issue if you could smoke everywhere outdoors in the park. Then you wouldnt have these concentrated areas of smoke in the park. Cmon now, in an open air park smoking should NOT be an issue. Cigarette smoke dissipates at such a rapid rate that standing 3 feet away from a lit cigarette get less than 1 part per million. Do like walt did and add a cigarette tray to every trash can so that youre never twenty feet from a place to put your cigarette butt and it shouldnt be much of an issue.
tumblr_m8swwiZjRe1qml34n.gif

deix15x8

Wouldnt be an issue if you could smoke everywhere outdoors in the park. Then you wouldnt have these concentrated areas of smoke in the park. Cmon now, in an open air park smoking should NOT be an issue. Cigarette smoke dissipates at such a rapid rate that standing 3 feet away from a lit cigarette get less than 1 part per million. Do like walt did and add a cigarette tray to every trash can so that youre never twenty feet from a place to put your cigarette butt and it shouldnt be much of an issue.
If only every person could be in their own 3 foot bubble. You need far more than 3 feet though to not be impacted by the smoke. Last weekend I was outside my house and started smelling cigaret smoke. Looked around, couldn't see anyone and none of our neighbors smoke. I then saw a cigarette someone through out their car window and it was still lit while rolling around the street about 10-15 feet away. It doesn't matter if it's open air or not, if it's near other people it's effecting them. I never would have expected it to be possible for a cigarette so far away to still impact me, especially when it wasn't even being smoked, just lit. But it did. The best solution would be to go back to the old idea of smoking rooms but with high quality ventilation systems.

SoupBone

I never said smoking needs to be banned just why do you smoke? seriously. Expensive, killing yourself and those around you etc there is no benefit. The answer I get every time is that 'it relaxes me' well no it doesn't, it just your nicotine levels normalising. If you didn't smoke your nicotine levels will always be normal so you wouldn't need to smoke. Drinking tea is just as relaxing and that cant kill you.

I know this is a hot topic which is going to ruffle feathers but my stance is that smoking is pointless. If you want to do it then that's up to you.

I don't smoke but do you eat red meats, drink alcohol, coffee, sugar? Just about everything we consume has an adverse effect on our health. I've said it so many times when this topic is brought up, Disney will lose guests by banning smoking altogether. Disney is the master of creating queues that people barely notice, and it's possible to create smoking areas that people don't even know exist.

The current problem is that people that are non-smokers walk through smoking areas and it still affects them. There's no way you can convince me that Disney can't create a smoking area(s) that people don't know exist while simultaneously bit losing guests, which again will happen.

mp2bill

I personally can careless if they take out the smoking areas, but my mom once said the day they take out the smoking areas is the last day she goes to a disney park.
I guess if smoking is more important to her than having fun in Disney parks...

All the more power to her.

mp2bill

I never said smoking needs to be banned just why do you smoke? seriously. Expensive, killing yourself and those around you etc there is no benefit. The answer I get every time is that 'it relaxes me' well no it doesn't, it just your nicotine levels normalising. If you didn't smoke your nicotine levels will always be normal so you wouldn't need to smoke. Drinking tea is just as relaxing and that cant kill you.

I know this is a hot topic which is going to ruffle feathers but my stance is that smoking is pointless. If you want to do it then that's up to you.
People smoke cigarettes because the tobacco (or more accurately, cigarette) lobby donates millions to keep nicotine legal. Unlike another smokable drug that is illegal, nicotine, and the cigarettes that they are contained in, offers no benefit to the user except to "calm them down" when they're having nicotine withdrawals.

Communicore

I used to smoke back then, and when I was a CM. There was just something cool about smoking at that time. We smoked like, by the utilidor entrance.

BigTxEars

Smoking or not smoking in public setting is a legit debate.

But smoking or not smoking is not, it's not of anybody business if a person smokes. Smokers do have to accept that they will be more and more limited where they can smoke though as it is something that does indeed effect others around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom