Another MK smoking area goes up in smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubs70

As a smoker, I can't stand that choice of spot at all either...

My favorite spot is the one in the path between tomorrowland and the circus. It's isolated, and many people don't even know it's there.
I did not know of this fabled land. So all be forewarned, I will be partaking between 22-Aug and 28-Aug. Please do not with your children and get in my face. I may ask you to "look at the flowers"

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Maybe take a look at facts before you say something that is not true.

http://www.fs.fed.us/t-d/pubs/htmlpubs/htm04232327/page01.htm

The wood only bonfire had almost nothing coming from it that could or would ever cause cancer. The smoke only contained carcinogens when trash items were added to the fire.

I'm sure you'll believe a government report is false too when it comes to wood burning and the smoke too but here you go.......

https://fortress.wa.gov/ecy/publications/publications/92046.pdf

Phil12

The point? One starts to go down a very slippery slope when dealing with water vapor based emissions. As humans tend to exhale "water vapor based emissions", it would be possible for a court to ban breathing in public :).
I can think of a lot of people to which such a ban would be a good thing.

wogwog

Original Poster
I had a GSM from MK over for friendly poker tonight and asked him what the chance was of moving the remaining smoking areas more out of the way to make it better for smokers and non smokers. He has worked in every land in his career I do believe. He said it is a real issue often discussed because of numerous complaints from both sides of the argument. The problem is that out of the way places just do not exist anymore. Some areas that may look good for guests are near cast entrance ways from backstage and they can't put them near them. If you know of an area you think would work I will pass it on to him.

Steel City Magic

Wouldnt be an issue if you could smoke everywhere outdoors in the park. Then you wouldnt have these concentrated areas of smoke in the park. Cmon now, in an open air park smoking should NOT be an issue. Cigarette smoke dissipates at such a rapid rate that standing 3 feet away from a lit cigarette get less than 1 part per million. Do like walt did and add a cigarette tray to every trash can so that youre never twenty feet from a place to put your cigarette butt and it shouldnt be much of an issue.

awilliams4

Wouldnt be an issue if you could smoke everywhere outdoors in the park. Then you wouldnt have these concentrated areas of smoke in the park. Cmon now, in an open air park smoking should NOT be an issue. Cigarette smoke dissipates at such a rapid rate that standing 3 feet away from a lit cigarette get less than 1 part per million. Do like walt did and add a cigarette tray to every trash can so that youre never twenty feet from a place to put your cigarette butt and it shouldnt be much of an issue.

Glad your not in charge.

Steel City Magic

To be honest doesnt bother me as long as there is somewhere to smoke that doesnt inconvenience me by walking a half hour to get to when i want a smoke now.

WDWLover#1

Cig smoke travels in wind. I personally smell it at least 10 feet. Also it travels:

People hate it and hold their breath everytime they see someone with a cig. It stinks. People have a right to breathe in clean air which doesn't cause harm to the body. Theirs a reason people want these designated places.

wogwog

Original Poster
Not going to happen. The most you can hope for is an area added after the hub destruction is finished to replace the one taken out near the Plaza Restaurant. In fact I have heard from a GSM that another present MK smoking area is being looked at for closing. Maybe they will wait until another one is opened in the hub. I agree some smoking areas are needed but the choice of locations are always a debate.

Paul G.

Sorry I could not resist the title. I do not and have never smoked but this is a subtle change by Disney, if it is permanent. An acquaintance who works for the Mouse tells me the previous smoking area for Main Street by the moat was closed for the construction work presently everywhere. She says no new location was opened and none are indicated on the just published new map. Her leader told her the nearest areas for smoking are now at the castle, near Space Mountain, and across from the Dole Whip stand. I remember her previously telling me Disney started restricting the new type fake cigarettes that emit any vapor to the smoking areas as well. So you few who still smoke be sure to stoke up before going through security at the MK.
It doesn't really matter if they restrict smoking any further people will still smoke where they please. I have pointed out people smoking where they aren't supposed too to cast members and security,both were reluctant to say something.I was even told once by a life guard that management told them not to say anything.I too hope for a smoke free world,nothing worse than a lung full of someone's smoke on a hot summer day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom