Another MK smoking area goes up in smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animaniac93-98

thread-derailed-o.gif

The accident rate on the Island of Sodor is kind of apalling when you think about it.

ssidiouss@mac.c

Love the news of Disney further limiting smoking areas.. hopefully it'll be banned from the entire park soon. Smoking is a disgusting habit.. usually done by equally disgusting people. Seriously just look at the peoples faces over 40 who smoke compared to non-smokers. Sorry if this sounds offensive.. but people who smoke have no problem offending others by pushing their stink all over the place so spare me any poutrage.

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Love the news of Disney further limiting smoking areas.. hopefully it'll be banned from the entire park soon. Smoking is a disgusting habit.. usually done by equally disgusting people. Seriously just look at the peoples faces over 40 who smoke compared to non-smokers. Sorry if this sounds offensive.. but people who smoke also have no problem offending others by pushing their stink all over the place.
Yeah. Just look at this guy!

obama2.JPG

Or this guy.

simoncowell.jpg

You know, I could go on all day like this. :p

ssidiouss@mac.c

lol touché.. and yah theres exceptions to every rule.. but to be fair one of those guys quit and the other probably had some chemical peels and botox ;)

stevehousse

Love the news of Disney further limiting smoking areas.. hopefully it'll be banned from the entire park soon. Smoking is a disgusting habit.. usually done by equally disgusting people. Seriously just look at the peoples faces over 40 who smoke compared to non-smokers. Sorry if this sounds offensive.. but people who smoke have no problem offending others by pushing their stink all over the place so spare me any poutrage.
Well then, hopefully next time i'm at wdw and see u, I will make sure to blow my smoke right in your face! ;) it's only a cig, calm down...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
here's a pair of twins.. one who smoked while the other didn't:
case-medical_study_photo_of_twins_65_closeup.jpg
And what other factors were considered with this unbiased study? Were other environmental factors considered, such as sun and elemental exposure? What about personal hygiene?

Or...did you just google something and decide it supports your agenda, so you'd post it?

I think you'd be hard pressed to find people (even smokers) who are not aware what it can do to their bodies. Anyone who did could be easily shown evidence to the contrary that is pretty conclusive.

Second hand and tertiary smoke threats are less obvious, and tend to be overblown, generally by people with a personal preference or even emotional self-righteousness (such as, they lost a loved one tragically to smoking).

That does not, however, excuse presenting propaganda as fact.

ssidiouss@mac.c

Look, you can deny the effects all you like.. but in the end smokers are on the wrong side of history. If you live long enough you will see the day when smoking will not be allowed in the parks just as it has been removed from most work environments, airlines, hotels, busses, restaurants in major cities, etc.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Look, you can deny the effects all you like.. but in the end smokers are on the wrong side of history. If you live long enough you will see the day that smoking will not be allowed in the parks just as it has been removed from most work environments, restaurants in major cities, etc.
"The wrong side of history?" Really...?

I'm so glad you will have won such a major battle for future generations...

Gonna drive to work tomorrow? I hope your car is pedal powered...because, unlike smoking, which damages the smoker more than anyone else, automobile and other carbon emissions are far worse in the long run.

But, lets dictate what a private company should or shouldn't allow on their property due largely to hubris, propaganda and stretched facts. Yep, that's a plan.

If Disney wants to ban it, great for them. If they don't, that's their choice as well. If they wish to expand or contract the number of places people can do it? That's within their rights as well.

I support all of that.

stevehousse

This thread is silly and will never find any agreement...end of discussion. Want a better topic...

How bout the mom and dad that were planning on going to wdw with their 2 kids, who then financially couldn't afford for all ofthem to go, so only the parents r going instead!?! PS: the kids have never been! Hows that for a crazy topic...lol and yes, that is a real thread here on the boards...hehe

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
You are aware that smoking emits over 7,000 different cancer causing substances and kills over 443,000 people every year in the US from either smoking or secondhand smoke. Heres some of the poison that you are inhaling
Acetone – found in nail polish remover
Acetic Acid – an ingredient in hair dye
Ammonia – a common household cleaner
Arsenic – used in rat poison
Benzene – found in rubber cement
Butane – used in lighter fluid
Cadmium – active component in battery acid
Carbon Monoxide – released in car exhaust fumes
Formaldehyde – embalming fluid
Hexamine – found in barbecue lighter fluid
Lead – used in batteries
Napthalene – an ingredient in moth balls
Methanol – a main component in rocket fuel
Nicotine – used as insecticide
Tar – material for paving roads
Toluene - used to manufacture paint
  • Diesels in contrast emit only a handful of gasses and soot which have not been shown to cause cancer in major studies.

• The gas portion of diesel exhaust is mostly carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, nitric oxide, nitrogen dioxide, sulfur oxides, and hydrocarbons, including polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs).
  • The soot (particulate) portion of diesel exhaust is made up of particles such as carbon, organic materials (including PAHs), and traces of metallic compounds.
I am not against people smoking but the only reason you can buy your death sticks is because the government makes so much money taxing it. They should ban the cigarette companies from making any cigarettes the ways they currently do and we should allow people to smoke the ways that they used to with a pipe and plain old tobacco. I would have no problem with that, but your facts on smoking being the same as diesel exhaust or anything else are flat out wrong. What do I know I only work in a hospital and I lost my uncle to cancer from smoking at the age of 45.

Dont believe the facts go read up at cancer.org and lung.org thats where i looked up real facts and not just spewing ash out my mouth like you did.

Oy.

Hope you had fun with all that and it brought you enjoyment. A very good example of my original point. Drama.

And curious, "but the only reason you can buy your death sticks" cute drama, how did you leap to the conclusion that I was a smoker of death sticks?

Clearly I stated I was not defending or condoning those who did utilize the designated smoking areas. Too busy being dramatic to fact check? Type A personalities are at a much higher risk of heart attacks and strokes, FYI.

You obviously didn't write any papers on premature deaths due to exposure to diesel emissions and the premature deaths associated to the exposure. Interesting, "my Ash facts from my mouth" as you crassly state come from MIT an institution you are likely not familiar with. Wrote a paper on it. Likely you have not, fairly obvious.

When one does research it is important to use sources that are not inherently bias if you wish to present a complete comparison. When you use as gospel organisations that are supported by fundraising you do not get complete data. 501 c's are not well balanced sources not that don't serve a purpose. Their top echelon often do draw nice big plum salaries. A tip from me to you.

The World Health Organization, a division of the UN, estimates that 2 million premature deaths are associated with wood burning smoke. Now US based fund raising organizations don't share that because they are only looking at small spinets of lung diseases. It is easier to focus on the smokers. I'm very well versed in asbestos and lung disease too. It helps to be well rounded when discussing lung disease.

kylewr86

Oy.

Hope you had fun with all that and it brought you enjoyment. A very good example of my original point. Drama.

And curious, "but the only reason you can buy your death sticks" cute drama, how did you leap to the conclusion that I was a smoker of death sticks?

Clearly I stated I was not defending or condoning those who did utilize the designated smoking areas. Too busy being dramatic to fact check? Type A personalities are at a much higher risk of heart attacks and strokes, FYI.

You obviously didn't write any papers on premature deaths due to exposure to diesel emissions and the premature deaths associated to the exposure. Interesting, "my Ash facts from my mouth" as you crassly state come from MIT an institution you are likely not familiar with. Wrote a paper on it. Likely you have not, fairly obvious.

When one does research it is important to use sources that are not inherently bias if you wish to present a complete comparison. When you use as gospel organisations that are supported by fundraising you do not get complete data. 501 c's are not well balanced sources not that don't serve a purpose. Their top echelon often do draw nice big plum salaries. A tip from me to you.

The World Health Organization, a division of the UN, estimates that 2 million premature deaths are associated with wood burning smoke. Now US based fund raising organizations don't share that because they are only looking at small spinets of lung diseases. It is easier to focus on the smokers. I'm very well versed in asbestos and lung disease too. It helps to be well rounded when discussing lung disease.

The fact that your throwing around your MIT and talking about smoking is hilarious. Thought that was a Tech Institute. Doesn't make you an expert in the fields of carcinogens and their effects on the human body. Oh you know what does going to school to earn your degree in Science for Nursing. We actually have to study the effects of a lot of things and what is harmful to your health. Guess what cigarettes cause cancer. That is a fact. My uncle died with cancer from..... smoking. The fact that you are defending the cigarettes is showing some great empathy for those of us that have to live without loved ones. And one piece of advice the ash thing was a joke. So was the thing about what are cigarettes called in the UK. You may have to look that one up since you dont get jokes.

Gabe1

I called this thread within a few posts. I have a daughter with respiratory issues do to allergies. One of her big triggers is colognes and perfumes along with body sprays. Do we go into or around the venues that sell such, no. Should Disney ban people from wearing them or selling such. That would be extreme. We avoid smoking areas because they are also a trigger. Is it a difficult thing to do? No. Has passing a smoking section caused respiratory issues, No. Is it a pleasant smell for a second or two? No. Do we dwell on it or obsess, No. Do we pass judgement, No. No more than we do on the perfumed women that we adjust ourselves in a queue for. We deal.

Smoking smell at Disney is only a brief icky odor. I have compassion for those addicted. I've also been around people who do not have their nicotine. That isn't pleasant. I have compassion for that. It is easy to avoid their smoking sections. We visited WDW when my DD was small and smoking was in queues and restaurants. A half dozen designated smoking sections is not an issue for her. I do wonder why it is a major issue for so many aside from smokers being such and easy target. Most of us all struggle with something. Few of us are perfect clones of the Almighty. I'm certainly don't claim to be.

I think of odors of Disney, smoking sections is only one. Queuing up next to a child or and elderly person with a dirty diaper has also made me gag. The body odor of many deodorant impaired isn't pleasant either. The perfumed. Rotting garbage in a can next to me during a parade or fireworks isn't pleasant. I'm not a fan of bus fumes and the smell of the race cars in Tomorrowland as I pass by turns my tummy. Being around the drunks during F&W isn't always fun. Being in a restroom with someone loosing it from drinking or otherwise isn't pleasant.

To me it is just moving on and not flaming on what I don't want to control or judge.

Gabe1

The fact that your throwing around your MIT and talking about smoking is hilarious. Thought that was a Tech Institute. Doesn't make you an expert in the fields of carcinogens and their effects on the human body. Oh you know what does going to school to earn your degree in Science for Nursing. We actually have to study the effects of a lot of things and what is harmful to your health. Guess what cigarettes cause cancer. That is a fact. My uncle died with cancer from..... smoking. The fact that you are defending the cigarettes is showing some great empathy for those of us that have to live without loved ones. And one piece of advice the ash thing was a joke. So was the thing about what are cigarettes called in the UK. You may have to look that one up since you dont get jokes.

I never defended smoking or advocated for smoking. You are reaching to hard there. I am a compassionate person and I try not to be judgmental. I appreciate that many do not have any compassion for those struggling with addiction. Many in the medical field lack that trait. That does not make me responsible for others life choices. It lacks maturity to blame me for someones addictions no matter what the addiction is. While I have compassion for you and your families health issues, transferring their choices onto me being culpable is not a rational thought process. It is an emotional response to blame someone anyone when life sours. It has to be blamed on someone else other than those who make that choice.

My MIT comment was very clearly to my previous comment you object to about diesel fuel emissions which are tech and research related. I do not find the topic hilarious, sad you do. Union Station in Chicago is having horrible issues with these emissions. Those commuters and employees do not find it as amusing and hilarious as you do.Your post to me came off as harsh and anything but a joke. If you intended to insert a joke in between all that data it was lost due to poor delivery and structure in your post, your writing style. Even professional comedians have duds so I have compassion for that too.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
exactly my point when i said people who smoke have no problem offending others by pushing their stink all over the place.

I have never smoked, but I have no problem offending sanctimonious arseholes, such as your pompous self, who insist that their beliefs are forced on others, and their religious like zeal with which they pursue their own prejudices has all the hallmarks of extremism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom