News Another Fight at Magic Kingdom

Lilofan

The everyday behavior outside the bubble has caught up with WDW. Sad. It used to be nice to get away from that world for a few days.:(
The one drawback on one’s drunken or foolish behavior can be their stunt can be on social media to identify them, and at times their employer would not think too highly of the exploits.

ppete1975

I wouldn’t say that, it’s just not part of their role to get into a middle of brawl. Last thing Disney wants is video of one of their security hosts tackling a guest, that is why Disney contracts Orange County to handle escalating situations.
It also looks bad if a cast member gets beaten up. Also not good from a legal pov. Look at it this way, if its a family dispute, a dispute of friends or even groups, they might all turn on the cast member. When I bounced we always had to be careful in certain situations where there was a certain culture or group (i am trying to not get banned here and this is hard to put in words). They could totally hate each other, and fight just at the appearance of the other.. but if security gets involved they will team up until that threat is gone. There are points that only law enforcement is going to chill things out due ramifications and a gun, and even then some combatants dont notice or care.

DisneyDreamer08

I read the non shirt matching family was banned for life but can dispute it. The shirt matching family had two people arrested. No word on a ban for them but I would assume it’s coming.

Vegas Disney Fan

I wouldn’t say that, it’s just not part of their role to get into a middle of brawl. Last thing Disney wants is video of one of their security hosts tackling a guest, that is why Disney contracts Orange County to handle escalating situations.

The security guard that stepped in to break up one of the brawls at Knotts last weekend had the brawlers turn on him and left in an ambulance.

A security guard or two can successfully intervene in a one on one fight but stand no chance of breaking up a dozen person brawl.

ppete1975

My brother and sister-in-law were down in MK in February with another couple. All four of them can go pretty hard, and told me they got wasted in mk. They made reservations at BOG, and told me that the cast member told them 'you take care of me, I'll take care of you.' He proceeded to bring them 6 bottles of wine. They also went to one of the dessert parties, where they told me it was completely open bar and by time the party was over they were blacked out. They have slight memories of riding the mine train, but outside of that they don't remember much of that night. Sure, it was a VERY expensive feat, but you can do it if you plan it right I guess?

Care to elaborate what you mean by that? 🧐🧐
Some people at disney should be fired for this. Yes there is alcohol served in some of the parks, but once someone gets past tipsy they should be cut off. And clearly several cast members enabled and turned a blind eye.

ppete1975

while waiting on security:

Photopass photographers step over, take fight pics, scan magic bands, and that’s the memories tied to their vacation.

Disclaimer- that’s a joke

You know, from the parking lot as they are ejected
I dont care what anyone says... thats funny

Lilofan

It also looks bad if a cast member gets beaten up. Also not good from a legal pov. Look at it this way, if its a family dispute, a dispute of friends or even groups, they might all turn on the cast member. When I bounced we always had to be careful in certain situations where there was a certain culture or group (i am trying to not get banned here and this is hard to put in words). They could totally hate each other, and fight just at the appearance of the other.. but if security gets involved they will team up until that threat is gone. There are points that only law enforcement is going to chill things out due ramifications and a gun, and even then some combatants dont notice or care.
So basically both parties can beat the crap out of each other until OPD shows up. Thankfully fellow guests at DL took it upon themselves to subdue the bad guy in an incident , grappled him by his neck and forced him into the pavement several years ago.

DisneyDreamer08

In regards to security, awhile back there was a big family brawl in DL in Toontown. I thought I read security is stationed up by the entrance and that’s why it took so long for them to get back to Toontown. Could be a similar situation for WDW.

ppete1975

So basically both parties can beat the crap out of each other until OPD shows up. Thankfully fellow guests at DL took it upon themselves to subdue the bad guy in an incident , grappled him by his neck and forced him into the pavement several years ago.
this one appears to have been a rather large group, hopefully all were arrested, banned and serious charges.

Stupido

Some people at disney should be fired for this. Yes there is alcohol served in some of the parks, but once someone gets past tipsy they should be cut off. And clearly several cast members enabled and turned a blind eye.
Yeah, I fully agree. I was shocked and had to bite my tongue when they told me this. Especially in MK. I can understand why they pour a little heavier in EPCOT, but there's no reason anyone needs to be belligerent in Magic Kingdom.

ChrisM

If that was the infamous Toontown incident the fight was between members of the same family. And the guy that bystanders subdued they eventually let loose before security could detain him and then he went ballistic again, fighting some more and trying to find the bystander who "choked him out". What a mess.

In this incident it looks to me like several bystanders got involved trying to restrain and calm down the various combatants.

Club Cooloholic

This has the video as I see the OPS video was removed.
It's awful, people acting like that on a vacation. But I have no idea how it started. I know this, that one guy went up and suckered punched a woman on that video. Ridiculous.
I have been in lines where it has gotten testy. I get mad when people do the "we just want to catch up with our mom". Sorry but if you aren't in line with her when she got in line, you are out of luck, she should have waited FOR YOU. But I never got so mad about it I fought.
I think having a few cast members at stations throughout the line for attractions that draw heavy lines would help. If line cutters try that the person can tell them they have to wait in the line where they are and if party members are ahead those people will have to wait for them .

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom